Freeroll Rule #1

P

paulus15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, everybody. I've been playing online for 4 years now and I've noticed that in freerolls you have to wait for a good hand and push the all-in. That's the only way to win anything. So, what do you think?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of the consistent money winners I play against in CC free rolls don't play this way, but hey if it works for you, good luck.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the freeroll. I usually use the same strategy in the big freerolls with thousands of players, because I know that most of the times some other player will call my all in with a inferior hand.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a good method, but only one of many. With experience comes an understanding of how to play and win. Good luck to you!

madmantisgaming

madmantisgaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
depends on the size of players playing in the tournament and blind speed.

on pokerstars the free rolls are hypers with over 600 players so you really just have to go all in and hope for the best. although i have only ever won once off pokerstars free rolls.

ACR hourly free rolls are longer blind structure so its not better to shove all in every primo.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I think making mistakes is the best way to learn to get better at playing poker and then win with the knowledge you learned from the mistakes.Thanks for all the mistakes I have made and I hope I will make many more in the future.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Гей, всім Я граю в Інтернеті вже 4 роки і помітив, що у фріролах потрібно чекати хорошої роздачі та вкладати олл-ін. Це єдиний спосіб виграти щось. Так що ж ви думаєте?
Playing like this does not mean that you are lucky, but with such tactics you will save a lot of time,,, I also sometimes play like that, I wait for a good card in my opinion and go to the line and there, how luck will smile

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in card chat tournaments there is no such thing in the initial stages, but in other freerolls it happens all the time!

R

RiverDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Depends in the structure.. But most times, yes.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey, everybody. I've been playing online for 4 years now and I've noticed that in freerolls you have to wait for a good hand and push the all-in. That's the only way to win anything. So, what do you think?
Hi :)
In general, yes, but to be honest, freerolls are different. For example, our CardsChat freerolls. If you use such a simple strategy, then most likely you won't win anything either. The members of our community are quite skilled, experienced and cunning players, so your strategy simply will not give you the result you hope for :)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I think this rule is right only for earliest tournament part. Later it can't work or even could be a fail.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it depends on the structure of the tournament; but mostly on your attitude - if you don't want to wait, push - Fold; you play hyperaggressively: push - Fold. I don't agree that this is the right strategy, but if it suits you, use it.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it is one way to go through freerolls, but it might happen that you don't get you strong hand, and by waiting lose all of your stack.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on what kind of freeroll, the number of players and the level of players. In most freerolls, such tactics are not necessary.

E

eddyrj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To go all in depends on the dynamics of the table and the number of blinds, try to study a little more of the strategies posted here in the forums to understand a little more about the dynamics of the tournaments.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My rule No. 1 is to let players like you get eliminated and then calmly play regular poker after late registration ends:D. No negativity! Good luck at the tables💪

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
This is the case for turbo and hyper tournaments with low starting stack. Either you win early and play later or go home. Everyone usually throws all in at start of those freeroll satellites.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Studying players and yes bet hard with some player who is playing stupid.....but with other people just patience

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
While you wait for a good hand, you will have the shortest stack at the table and your good hand will eventually be run over with any 2 cards.:)

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good morning, I think you're wrong. Although a lot of people play like this in freerolls where you have few chips because a good hand falls into the open push range (go straight up to the all in) range.
But I recommend that once you increase your chip level you play normally, obviously select your hands but try to play them and leave aside the open push.
As for the tournaments where you have the most blinds, you can apply your strategies and take advantage of those people who only play all live. It's a matter of patience.
I hope my advice will help you and good luck in your next tournaments.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the type of freeroll. But it's always better to be the player who pushes all in than to call all in.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
pff rule number one ...

But does anyone know what (freeroll) rules #2 to #20 are :unsure:

S

Shpanidze0987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Гей, всім Я граю в Інтернеті вже 4 роки і помітив, що у фріролах потрібно чекати хорошої роздачі та вкладати олл-ін. Це єдиний спосіб виграти щось. Так що ж ви думаєте?
Yes, it is usual to wait... because to fray everyone without exception...

Poker Rules - Poker Games