frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think there are a lot of concepts that we can train on freerolls. Waste few money is to me the best spot to learn.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are finishing in around 100th-500th place out of 5,000-6,000 players in a freeroll then it is good experience.

Sure, you're not going to set the world on fire with the amount of cash you are winning but it certainly is very valuable practice for later in the day.

If you ask me, it is important to approach a freeroll with the right attitude. That is, with the intention to play your best game and do the best you can, rather than to just blast off as soon as possible.

Not the best idea for inexperienced players to be diving into the deep end, freerolls are a great way around that and to start getting comfortable with new strategies and styles of play.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, from 4,000 to 5,000 people I occupy 100-600 places))) is this not a bad result, experience, or am I just losing time?)
I believe it could be either if u keep playing the same and or picking up bad habits and carrying them over to higher stakes it can be worse than time loss. However it's a great place to find your game. You can practice nit style vs call machine's witch can be great benefit. Practice small ball n post flop game like 3b n cb bluffs vs weaker players until you have it down well enough to work into real games. It's all about how you approach it.:)

T

thomaspen2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The practice in freerol just give you much experience that a player need , I always play freerols, tourments, etc. and I notice after a long time playing that, I just become an expert, cause I always win not only in tourmets and h. Up also just for money

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i dont know maybe if tournament its with not much players can you win any cash but if here are much players you will be tired and lose fast and in end nothing losing time

T

thomaspen2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just see that cardschat is one of the tourments that do not have much players

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I look at the payout for being in the money. If it is not over a couple dollars, it no longer makes sense for the value I put on my time.

Been noticing I have even been skipping $100 freerolls because under a $2 payout just don't excite me like it used to. I still will play a $200 freeroll that has the lowest payout of $4 or more.

Do what feels right for you.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
this type of tournaments cannot be wasted time, they give you experience and opportunity to become a bank without investing a cent and in the meantime players have done a good job you just have to try to improve and go for the best positions

Luchobusne

Luchobusne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are not losing your time. I think that any game of poker is a great way to practice your range, HUD, different strategies. It will be never a loss of time. I especially played too many freerolls to make my bankroll.:five:

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend sticking with them- it's a free, easy way to increase your bankroll without risk.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's up to you! if it brings income, why not?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If you ask me, it is important to approach a freeroll with the right attitude" - I think this 101%.
If you plan is to bank every FR with $$$ you will get sad, but if you will accept it a s any MTT where ou will lose and technically waste time it might give you the need exp for times when you will play... something like sunday storm/milly - a bigger field and you will stilll often end up loosing, so yes - attitude is king =)

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, Freeroll is one of the ways to increase my gaming practice. Freerolls are delayed for several hours. The main thing is to survive a lot of crazy players making crazy decisions at the beginning of the tournament. And then it will be easier.

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to add in the last few days I played some freerolls in 888poker can only recommend them, I don't think its to hard to win there some money. One time I just registred one in the night and haven't time to play this freeroll and had to sit out but still won 25ct (think it was the second or third price-section but don't know exactly). Some years ago I had a same issue on 888 like this but doesn't know how much I won. Free money is always a lovely thing :)

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to cash out on 4000 player tournaments when only 50 places paid, but I finish in at least first 500. Good experience anyway.

qb93

qb93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely not a waste of time.
I don’t make any deposits, and use Freerolls to build my bankroll and experience.
I find it challenging and profitable. The most I made off a freeroll was on unibet and I won the event for £750[emoji1377][emoji41].
So keep at it bro[emoji1362]

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the topic of discussion itself is incorrectly set. And reading the answers once again convinced of this. And what goal do you have when you sit down to play Freeroll, or poker in General? And depending on this, the answer will be different. I'm not a professional player, poker doesn't make me a lot of money, which means I play exclusively for my own pleasure. And freerolls (or tournaments with a low buy-in) are a great thing for me: first, have a great time, see how people can play in different situations, who is logical, who is allogical, whose game lends itself to understanding, whose is not. It is possible to practice your skills when drawing certain hands. And what's more, if you pass all the tests, you can expect a nice bonus at the end (a ticket or some money). So I say freerolls-YES

123donmateo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there !

In my opinion playing freerols is the most important thing for new players.

You havent got any risk so You dont scare or feel stressful, and that two things are very important, same like strategy.

Think about freerol that are like first level in computer game. To go to next secnd level of game You need to build a bankrol for next level for exaple 55 $ then You'll have for 100 buy in 0,55 $ tournaments.

btw sorry for my english is not perfect yet

cheers guys and good luck at tables ;)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure it is possible to get a big enough bankroll from free rolls any more. I got all my poker money from them but that was back in the boom years and helped by not working at the time so I could spend a lot of time on poker. Since then I have mostly done cash and moved money between sites to get the freebies.

bmess92

bmess92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure it is possible to get a big enough bankroll from free rolls any more. I got all my poker money from them but that was back in the boom years and helped by not working at the time so I could spend a lot of time on poker. Since then I have mostly done cash and moved money between sites to get the freebies.

I feel you! Back in the "boom years", I had some big cashes on freerolls. Now, with the legislation in my country, I can only play on a few sites. But still, I won 2019 Cardschat Anniversary promotion on pokerstars, and withdrawed 720$. So it can still happen nowadays if you go deep enough in a big freeroll tourney.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They are both.

Playing freerolls sporadically is probably a loss of time.

Playing consistently all the good, small-field, private freerolls, it can give you some wins that will help you build a starting bankroll. But you really need to be determined and disciplined to play them all year around.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion this is an experience.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo it's ok to play them, especially if the field is not so big(1000+). You get experience and some money sometimes 😉

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win something small they are great, even there are freeroll's which can provide big prizes like "seat" to live poker tournament. I don't remember on which wsop was, but there was one player which won the 10.500 $ buy in a few steps 7-8 I think and he cashed big in that one. Also I personally now one guy who was qualified to live tourney in germany, via freeroll in a 6 steps and cashed over 300.000 euro's. That's not happens everyday, but still there is a chance for 1 from 5.000 people winning 6 tournaments in online in a row and after playing live and also continue awesome series and bring home amazing win. There is just 1 winner and man, its really hard to get there, so good luck in fr.