Folding AA Preflop +EV

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem in calling, I think as played is the correct answer to this question.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) You have already invested 1/2 the amount to call since you are in the SB position.
2) A 4-way pot, Pot odds is simply something you can't resist calling with Aces
3) There's still no guarantee you will be ITM if you fold this hand.

In my opinion, you better quit poker if you fold this hand.
The moment you sit on a table, your mindset is 'To Win' instead of 'Not to lose'

You have called the absolute right decision, just that variance got the better of you.
Keep trying.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There's nothing to be proud of folding that hand of yours. I usually sit out whenever i reach the required ITM chip amount.
So, you Cannot compare a 40 seats gtd sat when you are already ITM as long as you don't participate any hand.
There's nothing to fight for, the prize being 1st and 40th is the same.
That's a totally different kind of scenario.

I actually laughed out loud watching you say "Here look, no hands, i'm going to fold Aces"....

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing to be proud of folding that hand of yours. I usually sit out whenever i reach the required ITM chip amount.
So, you Cannot compare a 40 seats gtd sat when you are already ITM as long as you don't participate any hand.
There's nothing to fight for, the prize being 1st and 40th is the same.
That's a totally different kind of scenario.

I actually laughed out loud watching you say "Here look, no hands, i'm going to fold Aces"....

The point is OP was incorrect to fold aces as this is the only scenario where it makes sense.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is OP was incorrect to fold aces as this is the only scenario where it makes sense.

He called the hand and busted out.
Anyway, thanks for the laugh :)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel free to call. The decision to call is correct. Always start from ev and itm.

N

NaranjoEnFlor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Building Stack

Thank U 4 Posting.

The result answered your question. You were all-in with a chance to triple up and you still made the money. How could folding be +ev compared to that outcome?

Our number one goal is winning the tournament.

These questions about AA are not where we should be focusing our time. What you need to be working on is how do I not get down to 3 BB. You need to build your stack or bust out way sooner than this. It does happen that we were trying to build our stack and ended up in this spot. When that happens the AA is a no thinking necessary call.

Cashing only becomes relevant when it is a 50-50 decision on how to play a hand on the bubble. AA is never a 50-50 decision. AK AQ QQ JJ 1010 could be but not AA, KK could be but not often?

So to be clear 50-50 decisions happen when you have 50% equity or < and the pot is 1-1. Not when you have 50% equity or > and the pot is paying 2-1 or >

That you lost does not matter. We do not play to win hands we play to make the best choices. The math says the best choice here is to call every time. So that is what we do.

Hope this helps

:):)

I totally agree with you. AA is always a hand you wanna play till end and préflop even more.
Real question here is why you got involved in that weak position. You should improve your building stack strategy cause call with AA is something I'd do Everytime in almost every situation.

I hope it would help.

Good cards mate!!

Folding in Poker