Folding AA on the bubble

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the case with AA, I don’t play the dough with such a card in case of aggression. The situation is simple. Online Sat for a major tournament, 6 people left with 5 tickets, I have the second largest stack. AA was handed out to the loaf, I bet the opponent on bb with almost the same stack puts me all out. I accept, there is AJ, on the board naturally 10KQ, I'm without a ticket.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, tournament play can influence the decision-making process so I wanted to know your play in this type of situation:
You're holding AA on the BB with 30BB / 28 players remains and only 27 get paid. you're in 16th position and the CO who got you covered moves all in. action fold to you.
what's your decision ?

AA obviously I call and become chip leader :D:D

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally, this is a 100% count (I am a favorite of 80% versus 20%)! This is a great opportunity to get into the top 3 than to get a minimum cache!

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be shoving.

If u fold and you have a run of bad cards and situations your blinds could dwindle quickly and suddenly you're shoving with Q8s and 15BB's left.

Go for it .:eating:

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, tournament play can influence the decision-making process so I wanted to know your play in this type of situation:
You're holding AA on the BB with 30BB / 28 players remains and only 27 get paid. you're in 16th position and the CO who got you covered moves all in. action fold to you.
what's your decision ?

I had that situation today. It was 7 players paid. There was 8 of us and i had KK and ofc All in, the other player had AQ and he won with flush... i was soooo pissed off.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the structure of the prizes? it significantly affects the decision-making, because if for the first 100k and for 27th place - 1 cent, then the answer is obvious (further it is clear)

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's your decision ?

1 against 1 i would definitely call.
In the beginning i played to get ITM, in the money.
Now i play to hit the final table.

You should be ashamed folding AA, 1 against 1....:aetsch:

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In one opponent with aces in hand, you can take a push even on the bubble. It is worth paying attention to the opponent, if the opponent often reaches, you can make a fold, since if you have 30 BB, you can wait.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll call all in,, i will never regret my decision if i lose that...

S

skin_ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks

I try to stay away from absolutes like always and never. I don't want to say that I'm always calling or never folding. As always, it depends. In this case it would depend on what kind of read I have on the villain. It would also depend on what I was playing for. Are you playing for the min cash or are you going for the win.

You don't say anything about the villain, except for what position they were in at the table. What I do know is that what I see all the time is big stacks constantly and repeatedly going all-in as the bubble approaches to put pressure on the shorter stacks who have to put their tournament lives at risk to make a call. They know that, after making it that far, no one wants to risk getting knocked out so close to the bubble. I've come to expect my blinds to face all-in raises from either the HJ, CO or the button, and even the SB, especially when they have me covered. All I hope for is a decent hand that I can call with. I've made the call in this spot with as little as Q-10 and found that the villain had shoved with Q-6. So, even though I try no to say always and never, I'm always going to call in this spot. I'm never folding aces.

Since you're asking the question here, I can guess what happened. You made the call. The villain turned over some garbage hand, but sucked out on you. Maybe they turned over J-7 and ended up catching four running cards to make a 7 high straight or something like that. And now you're second guessing you decision to call. I've had it happen to me. But I've also had my hand hold up and found myself catapulted way up the leaderboard and gone on to win tournaments after making calls in spots like this. So again, not ever going to fold. Always going to call with A-A here.
no i folded pre flop as three went all in i knew at least 1 would crash out chip lead went allin he had kk and on flop was a k so would of crash out just say what other would do for me its a bout make the money then see how far i can go after that as i play for fun making the money pays for other mtt

S

skin_ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank

1 against 1 i would definitely call.
In the beginning i played to get ITM, in the money.
Now i play to hit the final table.

You should be ashamed folding AA, 1 against 1....:aetsch:
this was not 1 v 1 this was 3 allins on the bubble with chip leader one of them

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, a tournament game can affect the decision-making process, so I wanted to know your game in this situation:
you keep AA on BB with 30BB / 28 players, only 27 paid left. You are in 16th position, and the commander who provided you with coverage is all-in.
What is your decision?

Depends on what kind of stack you have and it has. If he has the half of your stack. That is not. I would not answer all in. If a quarter of your stack is possible.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Whe it comes to AA , there is never good ICM reasons for me to fold this premium hand :) Now if I am on the FT , 3 are all in , and the prize increase after the 2 busts out is good enough , I might do it , but in no other circumstance . But on a satellite , if I am guaranteed with the ticket for the next round , I would undoubtfully fold it , let other players bust one two more players , I would play conservatively :) KK I would think about it , QQ instant fold :D

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's your decision ?

id fold on some days while calling on others

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's always a doubt

AA is not an invincible hand, but in poker you should take a risk, I think it was time for you to take a risk, but I do not condemn your fold to be condemnable always a tremendous doubt this is your moment, my action I would pay the all in, today I lost in a tournament with a pair QQ but I would need it because there were 10 players left for the prize and my stack was low and I would need to increase unfortunately I lost to a hand with AK

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
payment, I only foliate aa if itm is millions.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will pay without a doubt!
just fold that AA if it were a satellite, because I would already have my place guaranteed and there is no reason to risk it.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's your decision ?

AA is a very difficult hand to fold, I think it is a very complicated situation, but because I have a somewhat aggressive style of play, I believe that I would call and risk losing or growing in the tournament.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I have ever been in this situation. As mentioned by many posters above, it would depend on the type of tournament and the stakes. If it was a satellite and everyone ITN got a ticket, then there's no reason to risk it. However, if it was a cash tournament and there was a big $ difference between min cash and final table, I would call all in with AA.

I did fold AJ suited and AQ os with about 10 people to the money at the 2019 wsop Colossus because making a min cash was more important to me than possibly moving up a few hundred dollars. Getting that cash was like a win for me...had a blast...it made the whole experience of being at the WSOP so much better.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is clear, bubble, stack your opponent more than you, at this time, it is reasonable to fold even good hands, but to be honest I never understood if to fold KK and especially AA, what hands do we play?

I think if you fold such a monster hand it is better even not to think about it after.:)

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's your decision ?

A very complicated situation, however, which is why it is important to analyze the playing style of all the opponents around us, so, I will find out if the CO is a bluffer, if not, and thus, I will make my decision with my AA.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very extraordinary situation when you have AA on the BB and there is one player left before getting into the prizes. A player with a CO having a larger stack went to all-in.
If you have a bad feeling about it, then it is better to dump and be content with a minimum. In other cases call. AA is a very rare hand in a tournament.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion there is only one solution,to call.
AA is starting hand with best odds,so just call and don't regret.
With this cards you have chance to fight for better place,not pnly for 27.

Folding in Poker