Fold quad 7s? what do you think?

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I have that fold in me...not with those pot odds. My guess is he had a very strong live read on his opponent so it probably was a good lay down. I'm not a fan of showing the 7s though.

C

cadmu

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the topic of showing those quads after the fold. i suspect he showed them looking for the reaction, to confirm the read that he had to have.

in that article i posted a link to above it said he could see the disgust on villains face when he showed.

also, side note. poor maria ho just got knocked out of the main event with a nut flush draw A9d vs Q4d on Jd 8x 5d flop, Jx turns. 4x on river knocks ho out. terrible way to exit main event...

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I have that fold in me...not with those pot odds. My guess is he had a very strong live read on his opponent so it probably was a good lay down. I'm not a fan of showing the 7s though.

+1

I don't think that I could make that fold either, and I've laid down some strong doo doo in my day. Like cadmu said, he was probably looking for some kind of reaction. And like Poker247, I'm not a fan of showing the 7s. If you did have some kind of read on your opponent, I would think that the last thing that you would want to do is show a super strong lay down and risk giving it away.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no chance i am folding here. Hard to put him on Q10s.

PieterTerAar

PieterTerAar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for all i know its a terrible lay down. The villian would also push with straight, flush full house. I think he wanted to make a legendary move instead of making a decision whit commen sense.

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It clear to me that folding was the right decision.The possible hands that the other guy might have had was to big of a risk to pay.So i got to give him credit.Sure it s hard to fold but better to be on the safe side in a tournament like that where it matter how you play in the long run not one risky hand.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you fold quad, you have to fold all hands. the most funny thing is people have respect because is wsop lol, if that happens in a micro tournamnet everyone would be laughing.
I am a guy that i have had some success bluffing (my best bluff i did it a freerooll CC) , the best way to bluff it to shove and as opposive to shove a straight flush it's a non sense even more whit a board like that, think whit a simple low raise, Bowker would have called ( supposing he had straight flush) and at least would have been called, so i don't believe he had nuts.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fold in this situation may have been the 'right' call ultimately, but there is no way that anyone is generally going to fold unless they are going to go out and by staying in you make money! The odds are well in favour of calling, but then folding and then showing your cards sounds more like a publicity stunt than giving away a great hand.... I don't suppose the winner showed his pair of kings!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold? Can't win if ya fold. Right?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know how many of you have heard about this particular hand but i figure it deserves a little discussion. Its from last nights wsop main event day 2c.

Kyle Bowker makes what could be one amazing lay down holding pocket 7s, unfortunately his opponent didnt show, so we can never really know. i dont have all the info on the hand but from the wsop updates, it went down on this board.

Ks, 9s, 7x, 7x, and Js falls on the river, Bowkers opponent pushes all in. i do know chip stacks atm, or position.

Bowker makes the insane lay down and shows is quad 7s, figuring his opponent has to have Qs 10s, for the straight flush. personally i dont know if i have that lay down in me.. i may just have to see that hand and watch my chips float away if it is the straight flush...

what do you guys think. i will see if i can find more info.. or does anyone else know more of this hand.

Maybe we can know, depending on whether this went down at one of the feature tables with hole card cams or one of the outer tables. Odds are that it happened at an outer table. But if it did happen at one of the televised feature tables, then we will probably see it on ESPN. In fact I'm almost certain that if there is any footage of it whatsoever we will be seeing it on ESPN. There's no way a quad 7s laydown doesn't make the cut if footage exists. But I hope it was at one of the feature tables. I would like to see the hole cards.

L

leonidasG4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold quads. Not with those pot odds. But since he did, I like that he showed his hand.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like he was very sure villain wasn't the type to flat with KK or JJ. The 7s couldn't have helped villain, obviously. Not sure why he didn't consider QT NOT of spades though. If villain had shown to be too smart to flat with something that weak though...

Man. Either he had it, was dumber than the guy thought, or pulled off the sickest bluff I've ever heard of.

Jean le Grand

Jean le Grand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold this hand. Changes other guy does have a straight flush is marginal.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold quad 7s? are you crazy, for me? call that for all in.:p

S

Sobrosa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who am I to say, but I think it was completely crazy, and I think this hand will pursue him in his nightmares

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy confirmed he had the nuts, just so you guys know. Since 90% of you thought it was a terrible laydown. I just read this now and already knew the outcome, so didn't form an opinion. But didn't it say he only bet 1k on the turn when he had the quads? I'm all for value betting, but you think you figure out what is going on sooner, don't bet so small on the turn and not so big on the river if you really think 10qs is his best option.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did he confirm it? I would still like to see the cards. I don't necessarily believe what poker players say they had unless I see the cards. I expect them to say whatever they think is most advantageous to them. How many times have you seen a player take down a pot with a bluff then tell they're opponents that they were holding cards nowhere near what the hole card cam showed them holding. He could be telling the truth. But like I said above, unless the hand was played on one of the tables with hole card cams I don't think we can know for sure. I would at least like to see his reaction to the fold.

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe we can know, depending on whether this went down at one of the feature tables with hole card cams or one of the outer tables. Odds are that it happened at an outer table. But if it did happen at one of the televised feature tables, then we will probably see it on ESPN. In fact I'm almost certain that if there is any footage of it whatsoever we will be seeing it on ESPN. There's no way a quad 7s laydown doesn't make the cut if footage exists. But I hope it was at one of the feature tables. I would like to see the hole cards.

A friend of mine went wicked deep in the WSOP Main event this year and I sent him that hand and he loled. He said he'd never fold because you beat way more hands than you lose to. I think the cameras are a big reason that fold happened. He'd rather it be a legendary fold than a Youtube bad beat.

K

kmart99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg how. Couldn't the other due have had KK, JJ, 99, or AsQs? Qs10s is 1/5 in villain's range. I could NEVER fold that hand. If he as a straight flush then sobeit

JAQK_T

JAQK_T

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrendous fold. There are a lot of hands our villain will be shoving here. Flushes, full houses. And our 7s are very hidden. Even if he does have a strait flush, it's still a bad fold. IMHO

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
way too likely to be against a fullhouse or even a straight to fold.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1.

If you get KO'd by a straight flush it's just an unlucky cooler.

I'd be all in.

:top:

Of course YOU'D say that. You're one of the worst maniacs on this site! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Folding in Poker