Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already folded a pair of QQs.
I opened from UTG+1 pair of QQ, and the bigblind defended the position.
On the flop it opened 578 rainbow

Binblind checked
my action was check too

on the turn opened a 6

the bigblind made a low bet and I called.

on the river opened an A
so I thought about bluffing the hand, but it wasn't a good decision, I made a half pot bet.
he raised 4x so I folded.

then he showed 9 10

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold KK preflop either. But if an ace comes up on the flop, I'm going to fold the hand without a doubt, in case defeat could knock me out of the tournament.

S

scuxbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to drop KK pre-flop, but in the amount of times you play, you'll have more wins than losses! :)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i hate KK, but i don´t fold probably would +ev for me if i fold lol

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't give up on KK until I see that on the flop it hits A and then only if it doesn't go all in ...

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
indeed it is very difficult to throw such a hand :); it also happens to me very often, that when I receive AA or KK it will be the end of the road :))

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's almost impossible to fold KK preflop. Postflop, this is common practice.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding 2 kings is not possible unless it is the bubble of a satellite!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
So many times I`ve lost the hand with KK! It`s important to learn how to play(fold) KK.One of the big poker questions.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm afraid I would have also lost the tournament. I can't seem to learn to walk away from KK or AA no matter how messy the table is and it costs me more than it helps me.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It happens and this should work chuechka.:eek:

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is GOLD

it's normal to fold with KK, you only have to win if you make a good fold. I know it's frustrating and we often make the mistake of paying, even if I'm playing on the board there's an A or 2 cards the same. It depends on everyone's decision in the end, but I stick to the opinion: you only have to win sometimes, fold with KK:rolleyes:

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold KK

Very unlikely to fold KK preflop.... it all depends on how everything plays out... dry/wet board... bet sizing.... and are you feeling lucky?? lol

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started playing, I never folded such a hand. I learned over time. This is in a situation where ICM, bubble. There were situations when the opponent had AA, more often this happens in short stacks and preflop. Post-flop, you already need to look at the situation, depending on the opponent's playing style.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started playing, I never folded such a hand. I learned over time. This is in a situation where ICM, bubble. There were situations when the opponent had AA, more often this happens in short stacks and preflop. Post-flop, you already need to look at the situation, depending on the opponent's playing style.

SAME:D If you can read your opponent well and classify him correctly, it is not uncommon for someone to hold aces in his hand while you have the KK.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kk

In all my life playing poker I always wanted to play aggressively, on that pair of kk it's better to go all in because only strong hands like ak or kq will pay to see the hand or pairs like qq or jj and you almost always win with those hands.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop if it comes to me free I don't fold but if I get a big barrel it depends on the player I bet big or I just pay and the next maneuver depends on the flop, I think it all depends on the player in front of us

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
yes. I get to fold even with a pair of AA since sometimes the variance is not comparing also taking into account the position and the rank of the tournament

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is a great hand, it means you are on the right track, look at how many chips your opponents have and where the tournament is.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already folded a pair of QQs.
I opened from UTG+1 pair of QQ, and the bigblind defended the position.
On the flop it opened 578 rainbow

Binblind checked
my action was check too

on the turn opened a 6

the bigblind made a low bet and I called.

on the river opened an A
so I thought about bluffing the hand, but it wasn't a good decision, I made a half pot bet.
he raised 4x so I folded.

then he showed 9 10

Your mistake here was not betting flop and raising turn maybe.

As played though, check river and if they bet small maybe consider call but generally check/fold river here.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
These "cowboys" can also give you some problems at the tables. Pocket kings have one main drawback compared to aces - this is the opponent's ability to make a pair higher than yours, in other words, your opponent may have a stronger poker hand from the first streets. You need to understand that KK is a very vulnerable hand, as the appearance of any ace on the board can easily give your opponents a higher pair. And even if your opponent doesn't have a second ace in hand, the mere presence of an ace on the board will be enough to scare you away from betting big and getting the most value out of your hand. There is about a 20% chance of an ace on the flop.

Folding in Poker