Fold KK

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the bubble of an expensive tournament, this is easy to do.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play not so long ago and therefore I still had to throw out a big pocket pair. I'll think about it.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry, I'm not good enough to ever fold KK preflop. I can fold KK postflop.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hehehehehe if you don´t play KK what would you play.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To fold KK the board has to have an A or three cards of the same suit before I
fold .

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's part of the poker game and IMO you just have to go with kings preflop every time as your opponent will rarely have aces and have you dominated(especially nowadays when people are way more loose and they 3-bet/ 4-bet/ shove late mtt with even hands like suited connectors...); at least, I'm with you Rachidao and I'm not that 'good' to fold kings preflop in an online tournament* maybe I can do it live when I have a good read on my opponent and/or in a satellite where I have the ITM finish pretty much guaranteed and it's not worth the risk...

GLGL all at the tables BlessRNG

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don´t think that I have ever folded KK preflop but I have done it many times after an ace hit the flop. But to fold kings on the flop with no overcards? I never did that and ran into aces several times...

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding Kk is not easy 🫣

Today I faced AA, had KK, all in preflop, that cost my tournament, i was thinking how hard is to lay down KK, do you guys ever folded an KK hand? In which situacions? When you are a long time waiting for a good hand to play and that happens, against a agressive player, how to fold?
Theirs a lot of hands that are hard to fold ! I did fold them pre-flop very rarely but I did it a few times really depend how deep your in a tournament and how much chips are involved !💵

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have KK's there's always AA's. Good luck next time.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For sure i do or die with kk........we cant fold that....

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don’t fold them, so I have lost with pocket kings before. I have folded before at times. If there is a flush or straight draw and an player bets a lot I will fold unless I believe they are bluffing.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
doblar kk

hello. It is very difficult to fold KK. I would never fold KK if I did it with QQ. and JJ. but KK never. and I have lost and won.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Yes in some cases.
Especially if an opponent raises an all-in preflop. I always fold a king pair in a "freezeout" tournament, simply because any ace card would crush me at the very least.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I faced AA, had KK, all in preflop, that cost my tournament, i was thinking how hard is to lay down KK, do you guys ever folded an KK hand? In which situacions? When you are a long time waiting for a good hand to play and that happens, against a agressive player, how to fold?

You can't play poker by folding KK in your hand. Incidentally, the same situation is also confirmed when you have AA. I myself am on such a bad streak that I managed to lose 4x in a row with AA in hand. Horrible. But if there's a situation where you should consider folding KK in your hand, it's when you're about to burst the bubble and your stack doesn't hold up against an all-in from villain. I particularly hate it when these premium hands show up when we're about to burst the bubble. Another situation where we might consider folding KK is when you already have 2 all-ins on the table. There will always be aces or pairs in play and the possibility of going bad is great. In that case, consider your stack against villains and your position before making your decision.

But always think about the golden rule:
If you don't go all-in with KK, AA or QQ, what are you going to push all-in with? 27th?

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn't fold on a pre-flop, and it is very hard to fold such hand later too, but on a flop and later you need to act rationally and evaluate the situation. If there is an obvious hand that would for sure be better than a pair of kings and an opponent is betting hard, that would be a red flag.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't remember such a moment in my game that against one player I folded KK !!! But I remember the hand when I folded this hand preflop when three players went all-in before me and it was very close to the bubble (I could win this hand with KKK even though my opponent had a pair of aces) !!!

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
think it's a thing of not having luck. all in KK pre flop is not bad, especially against an agressive player

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard and i dont like to fold but after loosing yesterday 2 times with AA it doesnt makes it so hard to fold

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding KK preflop is a statistical blunder. I might lay down Kings only under severe ICM pressure.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Unfortunately, you can't win them all. If you keep waiting for AA to play, the tournament can go by and he won't come. Accept the risk. Poker is it!

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK Fold

Never. Just can't do it. And bit the dust most of the time. Now if I'm on a final table.......nah still aint doing it

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope i would never ..
i mean i just cant ..
i mean i just wont fold KK
lol

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never fold KK in preflop situations. Only in posflop.

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
On tournament i don’t call all in when i have KK 🤣

Folding in Poker