Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I faced AA, had KK, all in preflop, that cost my tournament, i was thinking how hard is to lay down KK, do you guys ever folded an KK hand? In which situacions? When you are a long time waiting for a good hand to play and that happens, against a agressive player, how to fold?

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The premium hand also loses a certain amount of time, it can be difficult to reset even QQ, and two kings are reset very rarely.
If you constantly wait for two aces from your opponents and drop KK, this is a negative decision at a distance.

B

Beetech

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I faced AA, had KK, all in preflop, that cost my tournament, i was thinking how hard is to lay down KK, do you guys ever folded an KK hand? In which situacions? When you are a long time waiting for a good hand to play and that happens, against a agressive player, how to fold?

Never say never, but you have to think you'll be facing a worse hand most of the time. AK, AQ, QQ etc. I've never done it. Maybe in a regular game with friends when you really have a strong tell on someone you know only ever is all in with AA preflop

P

pokerteddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not an expert at all so maybe this is just unnecessary but if someone not too experienced (hard to know) goes all in preflop maybe thats the time you fold unless youre the one sitting on pair of aces. Id probably do the same as you so i should not really be talking here xD

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The premium hand also loses a certain amount of time, it can be difficult to reset even QQ, and two kings are reset very rarely.
If you constantly wait for two aces from your opponents and drop KK, this is a negative decision at a distance.

The man's got a point here.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It doesn't make sense to fold a couple of kings, preflop, especially at the beginning of the tournament. Obviously, you were just unlucky today.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i made a thread some time ago with the title "would you ever fold kings preflop" . you might want to check the thread out at some time

i would personally only fold KK in these situations preflop :

- in a cashgame when i build a nice stack and am deep and face an all in preflop . i might just not risk it . i might not even risk it with AA . but then again maybe it would be better to leave the table alltogether at that point lol

- before the bubble in a tournament when i would get a lot of cash or a ticket to a big torunament once i make it to the money . if the bubble money is not much i will call

- if i face several players going all in preflop at the same time . no matter what type of game . i will fold

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's very complicated to fold KK pre flop, but there are a couple of situations that I could fold this hand. Like when I'm playing against multiple players in all in pre flop or when the other player is very tight and I know I'll be probably facing a very strong hand, like AA.

L

Laddys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold KK preflop. I think that if such a hand has gone, then you need to try your luck)

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I will fold KK when facing very tight players at the bubble period. But in other cases, I mostly don't fold KK.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go all in at JJ,QQ,KK,AA many times I ma not folding at this type of the cards but I am so lucky so modt times with this cards I am winning I think that it is not good to fold on this type of cards.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its usually never a good idea to fold high pocket pairs pre flop. You cant guarentee with any two cards pre flop that you can win but if say on a freeroll 5 or 6 players are all in, then you fold cause its just absolute chaos.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

There are situations where the best possible solution is a fold. But not in your case. On the preflop, with pocket kings, all-in, otherwise, there is simply no point in playing poker.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games I never fold KK , but at a later stage of MTT I can easily fold

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Normally I would never fold KK preflop. Once I folded KK, but it was in a satellite when I was in the chip lead and there was no point in risking it.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very hard to fold kk, in any situation! saying that if its fold and get paid or stay in and get eliminated , i think i would fold just to get paid. But if you feel lucky and want to win, you will need to take risks and get lucky!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
KK I could fold in some cases , but generally it is not easy to do so . QQ personally is very easy to fold :)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Many times it happens, they don't give you anything for a while and suddenly they give you a high pair and you face another higher one or simply if your opponent has a higher card than your pair he is opened. It's hard to fold with a pair of KK preflop, to do it I would only do it while in the bubble of a ticket satellite and having mine secured.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is almost no situation where i would fold KK preflop. Maybe if there were 3 players before me all-in with 200bb stacks then i would

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Bad luck and variance I also do not throw the pair of KK pre flop .... :D

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Normally, I will never muck KK preflop. If I run into AA then I am only are 4 to 1 underdog and still have a chance to win...

There are a few very specific, well defined situations where I would. Such as in a satellite qualifier that is paying the top 20% of entrants. A hundred people with a payout to 20 survivors where I have a stack where I could sit out and coast, if someone with a bigger stack went all in I would muck KK and AA since winning a hand DO NOT give me more than I already have locked up, but losing costs me a surefire cash.

Jim

Last edited:
DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Pre flop it's hard to really fold the KK.

I only give up when I have too much information on the opponent. Difficult situation in MTT.

Folding in Poker