Fold equity spot - thoughts

M

Mikeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What?

Actually, I really liked your analysis of this hand fluzi.. & prior to reading ur post it was in line with what I was thinking (OMG.. imagine that!?!?! sick thought or what?).
Thanks for taking the time to post it! (& gl in the $5mil Anniv!!!!)

Ok ill explain what, Pre flop the guy with A 10 raises 2.5 BB, the guy with 4s 7s only calls this bet, if he had a premium pair there is no way he would have just called he would have re-raised, if he calls with a premium pair he knows the Big Blind is highly likely to call too for an extra 1.5 BB to see a flop, the last thing a guy wants with a premium pair is to get involved in a 3 way pot with it.

Ok so this explains why the guy with A 10 does not have to worry about being up against an overpair, now to worrying about being up against a set, very short and simple if you are put all in after the flop by a guy with a set you are playing a guy who is an idiot, if he had a set he would want to extract the most money he could from this situation and by shoving all in is not a way he is going to do this.

So, glad i have cleared that up, if the guy who has A 10 is a good player he would not have been worried about a set or an overpair in this situation (unlike mr statto above lol) he would know he was up against exactly what he was up against, which was a flush draw.

And, like i said, a good player would not turn down 2/1 odds when he knows he is favorite to win the hand.

Oh and bonflizubi if you are in the sunday million how abouts you and i return to thisa thread tomorrow and we both publish what position we finish in?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop betting would tell me he is im not up against an over pair, and the shove post flop would not tell me im up not up against a set, Im going to label you a bad player bonflizubi because you have wrote so much crap in your analysis and failed to realise this.

Have a nice day
Lol hes so bad hes probably the top tourney player on cardschat. Please mikeg stop posting every single post of yours ive read is complete crap

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please mods Dont lock this thread

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought this discussion should only go as far as, : OP you spewed

thread boggles my mind

PS people stop overanalysing. If you raise a Tx, she is never folding it to the jam. And it is a woman, women are nits.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, why has everybody forgotten that op limped 74

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And MikeG is failing too ****ing hard to even comment

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok ill explain what, Pre flop the guy with A 10 raises 2.5 BB, the guy with 4s 7s only calls this bet, if he had a premium pair there is no way he would have just called he would have re-raised, if he calls with a premium pair he knows the Big Blind is highly likely to call too for an extra 1.5 BB to see a flop, the last thing a guy wants with a premium pair is to get involved in a 3 way pot with it.

Ok so this explains why the guy with A 10 does not have to worry about being up against an overpair, now to worrying about being up against a set, very short and simple if you are put all in after the flop by a guy with a set you are playing a guy who is an idiot, if he had a set he would want to extract the most money he could from this situation and by shoving all in is not a way he is going to do this.

So, glad i have cleared that up, if the guy who has A 10 is a good player he would not have been worried about a set or an overpair in this situation (unlike mr statto above lol) he would know he was up against exactly what he was up against, which was a flush draw.

And, like i said, a good player would not turn down 2/1 odds when he knows he is favorite to win the hand.

Oh and bonflizubi if you are in the sunday million how abouts you and i return to thisa thread tomorrow and we both publish what position we finish in?
You need to reread OP (I've had to several times) - you have the players backwards and are answering questions that were not asked. The Hero had 47 and the Villian had AT. The question about the possibility of trips goes to the AT/check raise, not the 47 call/shove.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Better yet, please post a link to your OPR, or list your PS nametag, so all may give you the respect you deserve.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better yet, please post a link to your OPR, or list your PS nametag, so all may give you the respect you deserve.

Im sorry are you bonfl or mike? Why the hell do you care?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you care if I care? Clearly this thread is upsetting you - maybe it's time to unsubscribe.

No it just you are sticking your ass into a situation that does not concern you.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My request stands.

demotivational-posters-hitler-on-a-magic-carpet.jpg

M

Mikeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to reread OP (I've had to several times) - you have the players backwards and are answering questions that were not asked. The Hero had 47 and the Villian had AT. The question about the possibility of trips goes to the AT/check raise, not the 47 call/shove.

I haven't got anything the wrong way round I know the hero had 47! read it several times more lol, People were saying once the hero had shoved then the villain with A10 would fold if he was a good player, I have disagreed and said why if he was a good player he would call.

M

Mikeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that you have retaliated, You need to take another look at the hand since what you just said isn't how the hand went down. Preflop betting basically told you nothing regarding an overpair. Yeah you could say its not a monster maybe, but JJ very probable. Plus 2.5 PF is very standard for a lot of people, no matter the holding (especially Negreanu devotees).
Then a check raise after the flop has got to be a wake up call when you are sitting there with 47s, middle pair and a draw to a very weak flush. No way you shove on this in the early stages of the tournament. You made a play at the pot post flop (NOT FAULTING THAT) and it got shoved up your *** - get out and wait for a better spot.

Have you been sniffing glue? I think it is you that needs to take another look at the hand because everything you have said there did not actually happen, Once the glue wears off and you realise the guy with 47 did actually shove, and you realise that fact that this thread is actually all about that fact then by all means come back to this thread and re read the gibberish you have wrote above.

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you been sniffing glue? I think it is you that needs to take another look at the hand because everything you have said there did not actually happen, Once the glue wears off and you realise the guy with 47 did actually shove, and you realise that fact that this thread is actually all about that fact then by all means come back to this thread and re read the gibberish you have wrote above.

MIke - so wrong in so many ways.

When villain chk raises 4x on that flop he obviously is showing a strong hand. Shoving a set there if OP has it is a valuetown move as it looks like a flushdraw and he is thinking obv villain values the hand. A shove is more likely to be called here than on the turn. Shoving also gets you value where when a 3 to a flush lands on the turn your action is killed or you are dead. to pairing the board.

Clearly shoving a set by villain makes sense as well since he got someone to stack off with TPTK.

<--------------big wins btw.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ This.

The OP's play at this stage of the tourney seems questionable enough, but Mikeg's analysis and calling out zubi is LOL.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think this is one huge level!

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very much dislike this play. The way you succeed is by picking your spots and this in no way looked like this was a good spot to pick considering your hand, the other players, the amount, the situation, your table image, etc.

Very spewy and over aggro

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't got anything the wrong way round I know the hero had 47! read it several times more lol, People were saying once the hero had shoved then the villain with A10 would fold if he was a good player, I have disagreed and said why if he was a good player he would call.
OHHHH.... I see - you decided to make the thread into what you want it to be about versus being about the OP. That was the reason for my confusion.
But I'm not sure who you are arguing with - nobody has been dogmatic about the villian will fold if a good player.
I said flat out there is no way she's folding.
BONFLIZUBI agreed
BWAMMO was basically saying what little chance of a fold that existed could only be executed outside the boundaries of donkatude. That part of being a good player is the ability to lay down a solid hand. Never indicated that a good player would actually fold that particular hand.

All of this was said to illustrate that a shove by the hero after the check raise in hopes of inducing a fold was actaully unwise and fruitless.

Folding in Poker