And then see what they will do
Rgds

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call and see a flop. You can get away from anything then if he puts the heat on post flop and if overcards hit. Your flipping or a slight underdog against his UTG raising range

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It´s depends your position...usually i call and i see the flop...

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OVERVALUED

Final table, I was chip leader, 5 players left, with 550k chips. Utg small stack stack raised 3x on 15k/30k blinds and I was in button.

If I call I would become #3 stack if I lost. I re-raised, and he re-raised all in and I called. HU I lost to his KQs and I became small stack, and eventually busted out. I still had 240k chips after losing exchange, but did I make the correct decision there as chip leader? If I finished even top 3 I could have made several hundreds more.

First of all your the chip leader here, why would you ever raise the UTG raiser with a hand as vulnerable as tens. UTG raise has to be something, at the very least your 50 50 with whatever hes coming at you with. Your raise was poor, you overvalued your tens. As well you were in position to play a flop with a strong hand and you can fold any overs and get in in on any small board. If he happens to have you beat on a small board so be it, call it unlucky. Giving him a 5 card run-out with whatever he could be holding from that position will never be a good idea. You were chip leader, who cares if you called and were left in 3rd after you fold the flop, that is still a real good stack to carry on with. At these levels its easy to chip up your lost chips if you lose a small amount. Going all in with a hand as vulnerable as 10 10 is a huge mistake(very fish like). You have to play to win I get it but putting yourself in 50 50 races with a strong stack size is a mistake to do, let other donkeys play like this, and you chip up in better spots. All that said, a call was the only play and fold the flop wait for a better spot. All in was a rookie mistake, anyone that says different is a fish, fishing with mid pairs to get lucky so I wouldn't listen to them if I was you. A fold here is a mistake to as 10s is a strong hand to play in position with, especially with the slight chip lead. You made a mistake, take it on the chin move forward and learn from it, like your trying to do by posting in this forum. Chips mean a whole lot deep in tourneys to risk them all pre flop with mediocre holdings that is a huge mistake. Even at the point he re-raised all in you could of folded given the pot odds you were receiving( i'm not sure what your raise was and his re raise) but just fold and wait for better spots. Why raise a mid pair in the best possible spot to play from?, to get it all in pre 50 50 like a fish??? I would never do this in a million years, some may, but it is a mistake, just call next time. Unless you don't trust your ability to play heads up flops, then go for it all in and fish away. Its highly unlikely he is re raising all in with 99 or worse after you raised unless hes a fish which then it would be 2 fish battling it out and may the best flounder win. Hope this makes sense to you. Cheers.

Y

yosif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yosif

depends on the position and actions of the other players

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like pocket 10s, I usually play them pretty strong.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it is a final table and the prizes increase a lot from one place to another, in this situation that you described, I think there would even be room for value.
But I do not condemn the decision. It is a very complex situation for decision making!

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket pairs

pcoket pairs can be tricky hands in final tables, personally in a 5 player game shoving a pocket T is not a bad decision but it certainly is a risky one that will get you about 50% of the pots against the range that is gonna call your bet, you have to take into account the times that your opponent might fold to your shove to consider if it is worth the risk of going all in with a mid pocket pair

Folding in Poker