Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Without a doubt, I will go all in, and in my opinion this will be the right decision in such a situation.
Good luck.

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have probably done the same thing (if not just jamming like a jackass first :p) but im sure an ICM calc would argue fold being a better option than push here :)

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you made the right decision depending on the flip I would've played it the
same

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To raise call the flop raise or fold

R

reppair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite pocket! I rarely fold it and it almost never fails me! :)

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite pocket! I rarely fold it and it almost never fails me! :)

Today I folded pocket 10s when utg big stack min raised and calling would have brought me to a danger point of being on the bubble and busting out of the money. It was a painful fold, but I'm glad I did because it helped propel me to final table after I was able to play normally after ITM.

It was crazy, I folded pocket 10s, 5s, 5s in that order. I got that the straight times early position preflop as slightly bigger than ITM bubble stack. In the past I'm so used to shoving at least with one of them but I stayed patient this time and it paid off.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in that situation I would have played with more care, I just paid to see the flop, in that moment it is when more should be analyzed a little more the plays, if you must take risks but you must have a lot of security

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think that you made a wrong move, but you sure should have been more csreful abd just payed to see the flop

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t mind the line you took. If you won the 58% favorite you probably don’t second guess yourself. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. Obviously you felt you were ahead and you made the correct decision. But we all know in poker we can do everything right but still lose. When I have a hand like this I always gotta assume I’m flipping as a slight favorite or I’m a heavy under dog. I personally may have played it a little less aggressive by calling to see a flop and then evaluate from there.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot for 10/10. 3x open from under the gun is representing a lot of strength. I would have flat the call and taken the flop. with continued aggression from him on a kq board I would have let it go. as played probably fold to the jam. bottom line is you got it in ahead and lost. it happens.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like 10 10. Looks strong but is very vulnerable. My track record for 10s is a win about 1 in 9 times. If I was in your shoes, I would probably get rid of them. You had such a nice chip stack to play with to pick a better spot.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing carefully, taking the flop is a safer route. If you are hoping to get your chips in with a slight favorite to double your stack then your decision isn't wrong. Depends on what you thought process at the time was.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like 10 10. Looks strong but is very vulnerable. My track record for 10s is a win about 1 in 9 times. If I was in your shoes, I would probably get rid of them. You had such a nice chip stack to play with to pick a better spot.
1010 is good in a heads up hand it's just unfortunate that it was a coinflip. KQ suited is a strong hand against 1010. I know that's not the case though because it is hard to tell what he has before the cards are flipped. In my opinion I would have just flat called before the flop. Because there are 16 overcards in the deck still waiting to pop up.

But I do not blame you short handed like that and putting him all in. It's just a bummer that he hit on you. Maybe see the flop and fold when you see the overs and a all in next time. At least you got the experience and you will know what to do next time. That's what's good about these posts.... 🤠[emoji812]️[emoji815]️[emoji814]️[emoji813]️

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold and wait for a better situation.

Your three options are call, raise or fold.

Calling is the biggest mistake. His range should be strong UTG, and you will rarely see a flop you will like with 10 10. 40% of the time you will face an over card that smacks his range. Even when the flop is all low cards you will face a c-bet most of the time where you are just guessing if he hits or misses. The best you can hope is to hit a set but you don't have the implied odds to make it worthwhile with the short stacks.

Re-jamming is Ok with your stack size but again his range should be strong - at best you are flipping at worst you are dominated. I don't think reraise/calling or reraise/folding are correct either. Re-raise calling is to induce but his range is too strong. And reraise call is the same as rejamming.

Just fold and and get it in better in a better situation.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 5 players left I am calling a 1bet and folding any raise in this situation. I need to see flop because I know with pretty much certainty that someone has an overcard or better. I love 1010 and it looks good but it's a very vulnerable hand preflop.... sometimes you have to let em go posflop.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always, I would need to know the players. Without any knowledge on how they play, I would called and seen a flop in position.

If I felt my opponent was one of those that likes to raise preflop but buckle to any pressure, I would put in the raise and hope to take it there.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your decision was terrible, because there came a K or Q on the board without a 10. If there was no K or Q on the board, your exact same decision would have been a perfect one and you would have probably won the tournament. That's poker, folks!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10's are the same thing as JJ, 9's, or 8's. Yes it's a pair, but it's not that strong when the flop hits other people. If other people are willing to put their chips in with face cards, just smooth call and see a flop. This way you can get away from becoming a short stack.

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening;

I have a doubt.
My hand is JJ and the opponent's hand is KQ, and the community cards are
JKKAA.

What is the winning hand?

I have this doubt, no fighting!

Graciously;

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening;

I have a doubt.
My hand is JJ and the opponent's hand is KQ, and the community cards are
JKKAA.

What is the winning hand?

I have this doubt, no fighting!

Graciously;

His, KKKAA againts your JJJAA

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everyone, I agree to make at least the call to see the flop. But anyway it seems a strange move on the part of the UTG, having a short stack do not make shove. It smells like he was looking for action. Maybe he had aces or kings.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 550k, and left with 240k after losing, that means utg had 310k. On a 15k/30k blind structure that's 10 BB (I'll assume there are also antes). I'm shoving pre against this player. The blinds will only join with a very nutted range, since the shortest stack is in risk and there are probably huge payjumps. I think he is almost always calling, but he may fold some of his range (unlikely though), but with TT we are good here. He may have underpairs, or at least we are fliping investing less than 50% of the pot. If we lose, its devastating, but it is posible to reenter battle if we double up.

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table, I was chip leader, 5 players left, with 550k chips. Utg small stack stack raised 3x on 15k/30k blinds and I was in button.

If I call I would become #3 stack if I lost. I re-raised, and he re-raised all in and I called. HU I lost to his KQs and I became small stack, and eventually busted out. I still had 240k chips after losing exchange, but did I make the correct decision there as chip leader? If I finished even top 3 I could have made several hundreds more.

Personally, I'd have folded when he went full mental. 10-10 isn't great when someone bets like that. He could (and obviously did - but talking generally) have at least one over card, and quite possibly a bigger pair.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending what you know about your opponent but without know anything about him I call and see flop.

Folding in Poker