think i am as nitty as the next guy, but you got to get it in
think of all the hands your ahead of and how few you are behind

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DO NOT FOLD. In fact, probably dont ever fold KK of all online poker pre flop. I run KK all the time into AA. But nothing justifies folding KK preflop unless its a buyin out of your range and ur getting too close to the bubble, or theres circumstances like your daughter is going to die to lose this hand. Even if u put him on Ax, its still roughly 70/30 and its not worth folding. But if you're ever worried about someone having aces when u have kings, or one ace and hitting an ace on a later street, just flat it if its like 20% of ur stack and see if an ace hits, but i personally like to reraise to the sky with JJ-KK or AK Depending on where in the trny im at, BBs i have, and all other factors like player types, position, etc. Same with AA, but i slow play more often with AA in position for some circumstances as well. But yea, dont fold there for sure.

A

AlexSimion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the call was the right decision , considering he was the big stack , and re-shoved a small stack's all in , the first impression would be to isolate him, you'd think that he'd just re-rase in order to get more chips in. Anyway , congrats on your result , just wondering , how much was the buy-in ?

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call without hesitation, even if i had QQ i would call. You cant fold KK preflop at this stage of the tournament if you want to win it.

S

smihailov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call without hesitation, even if i had QQ i would call. You cant fold KK preflop at this stage of the tournament if you want to win it.

Completely agree. My be on the bubble if I risk whole of my stack I would fold, but on the final table call with KK is the best decision.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People saying they aren't happy to call or maybe fold on the bubble are being a bit absurd, only way I fold is if I am too busy fist pumping and time out

N

Number1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have thought they CL was trying to isolate too but all depends on how so many omitted factors I've got to admit I've been in similar situations and won and lost but would not fold I don't play for 7th place ;)

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call. His range is way too wide here to put him on AA (even AK you're favorite). 1st hand vs chip leaders and ss open shove. I'm shoving behind here too. You lose, you're out in 9th. You win the hand, it's your tournament (as you did take it down). Can't play scared and try to move up. Thats a great opportunity to make a huge jump and your're getting your money is good 95% of the time. Scared money doesn't make money.

A

adepoker11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the value to the action brought his luck in their favor

C

Cleobulle

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have paid without thinking, you know that, at a final table, you will be "forced" to take chances, what better hand than KK to do that? In fact, in what situation do you fold KK pre-flop?

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To adequately give you an answer you have to answer my questions
1. Describe the big stack (player stats if available, your "feel" for the player" etc. without information I think we have to call here.
Why? When short stacks in poker go all in they have a wide range. Larger stacks therefore call with a wider range. However, one of the first things new players learn about is "isolating" and they don't really know what it means or the application of it. As a matter of fact, your opponent should have flatted with the aces so that you could come over the top with a hand as light as 1010 or JJ. They were fortunate you had KK. However, I think because of the fact that low level players don't understand how to play these spots it is generally a call. You are miles ahead of their range and when they do have AA you still have equity (as the hand illustrated).
Also, another consideration is the payout structure. Is it a flat payout structure or top heavy? If you have a $100 bankroll and your in a position where a deep cash could increase your roll by more than 100% that is a factor you must consider. The reason why is that your opponent is the biggest stack at the table and has you covered. This isn't that relevant in this particular spot but in general at any final table its important to look at the payout structure and decide how you want to approach it.

G

GSPchamp315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still a fish but imo you should never fold K K pre-flop so I'd say you did the right thing there

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you have a read on the chip leader i think this is a call

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision here, easy call. Many hands out there you beat and only one you are beaten. Statistically, youre way ahead preflop. You said, its the final table meaning your on the money already. If the buy in is high and its bubble time, then i would think long here. But in this situation, easy call for me. The payout in poker is hyperbolic and so either no. 1, or none at all.

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
way easy call, yes is a final table, but i think that with kings you have to go, if you lose, you do it playing the best poker, because if you are playing to win it all, there is no better chance to derail the chip leader than holding queens, kings or aces and if he shove first being the chip leader and in late position against one shortstack, his range is wide open an aces are the more unlikely hole cards

and consider that you are the second in hips so you just need to beat the chip leader to stay alive, and with king against any two you are front runner in a 70-30

in this specific hand at first surprised to see him holding aces but the outcome was the first step to seal the final winning

+1 agree
best play

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised at all the people saying it's a difficult decision...

EASY CALL. Doesn't mean you have to feel 100% confident, or happy to get your chips in the middle, but there is really no other reasonable option besides calling. Out of every hand that it would make sense for him to do this with (TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK) you crush ALL of them except one.

you can't live in fear of the chip leader, or you'll never, ever become the chip leader.

There is a great chance they both hold an A....there is a great chance you are facing one pair and one Ax hand.

you never "get it in bad' with KK preflop.....you just get coolered.

In this case, he got coolered.

When you factor in the pot odds from the other short stack it's such an easy call.

pwning666hellmuth

pwning666hellmuth

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What position were you in? What postion were your opponents in?...I don't think I would fold here, sounds like the chip leader was in mid or late pos. I think a lot of people would jam there with AK,,QQ a lot the time there also..an maybe some would push there with AQs,JJ..but It really depend on yours an your opponents position.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not going into the tank at all on this. Snap call. It's a call all day long. You don't play MTT's to not take it down. Everyone can post as many stats as they like but I'm gonna snap call and fist pump.

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitly ill call. Crazy hand anyway , but it worth it! :)

W

wizz__

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know. everyone is saying, that it is tough spot, but that is false.. Very Easy fold, cause Chip leaders range against small stack is really wide - i think any pocket pairs , any Ace with any kicker, K10 , KJ , KQ , AK , etc. It is just too good spot for you to fold, i will never ever fold in that spot, mybe if only it is bubble, and you really need that money so bad :D , and i 100% agree to bolda3

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a snap call, I'm even close to ever tanking and folding here.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People saying they aren't happy to call or maybe fold on the bubble are being a bit absurd, only way I fold is if I am too busy fist pumping and time out

Lol.

Folding in Poker