Final table. Bubble. What is the best way to play?

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

I folded. For some reason, i didn't even consider the option of calling; call will cost only 1.5BB into a 6BB+ pot, i.e. pot odds 4:1. There is, of course, the possibility of a squeeze from a player on BB. Further, even if we deliver and do not catch anything, then we have 2BB more than 2 shorstacks, and the 3rd shortstack in the next hand will be in auto-all-in. Waiting for one of the two players to be eliminated is relatively easy given that they will post the blinds while i am on free positions.

According to the push/fold chart from one of the schools of poker, SB vs MP shoves (regardless of how the opponent entered the game) at 7bb or less, and we have 8bb, i.e., sort of, the advice is to fold. I don’t know if this payout structure changes anything, maybe push can be considered here.

Or is it safer and more correct to fold?

I.e., i want to know which line is better: push, fold or call.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Folding is never a good option specially if you're in FT and have hand like this ^ ...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Folding is never a good option specially if you're in FT and have hand like this ^ ...

Professional high stakes tournament players from another forum wrote that here and AK can be folded because such short stacks at the table. And the shoving choice lies somewhere between tt-QQ+ hands.

What is your answer based on? Have you calculated the hand in the icm calculator?

I often saw how you push in freerolls with all sorts of trash hands ))
In this scenario, of course, AJs will seem like a strong hand that can never be folded...

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you decide it and agrees with your game study, then with this stack the best option is all in. If you don't want to play AJ suited just fold!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not a calculated opinion, but for me thats a fold all day long, on the actual bubble, with a 0.5BB gonna be all in next hand. AK for me is a fold, would I fold is a different question....but looking at it without emotion, its a clear fold due to the short stack.

It also depends on size of min cash.....even just taking CC freerolls for example. on 888 where min cash is often $4, well that's much more equity you are risking than say the Stars $100 typical min cash of $1.

Plus both those guys who are in the hand could easily call your shove. You'd want more fold equity too to shove I think?

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The fact is that large stacks will no fold to an all-in due to high pot odds. Nothing will be paid for 7th and 6th places...

I simply do not have the opportunity to calculate in the icmizer program, because i only use a smartphone, not a computer...

Maybe there is some site where you can get icm numbers in the form of matrices like in the icmizer program?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what tournament is that?

to make a more precise ICM math, I would have to know the number of chips (not BBs).

probably FOLD is the correct play in this situation.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove it. Chances are your'e not getting a better spot with only 8 bbs

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICM considerations should impact all your decisions. Apply pressure if you are large stack.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
to make a more precise ICM math, I would have to know the number of chips (not BBs).

probably FOLD is the correct play in this situation.
Is there any difference how many chips? It seems to me that the proportion is important and no matter how many chips the BB equals. Or am i confused about this? Level 300/600, ante 75. Ante amount 0.87BB.

Shove it. Chances are your'e not getting a better spot with only 8 bbs

It's most likely impossible to push. I don't need better spots as long as there are stacks shorter than me. I need to hit itm. And in this tournament, the first payout is 6 times the buy-in.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a stack, the best option is all-in.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d forget about any charts for this scenario. You need to be able to read the table. Most likely you are ahead pre flop here. To win a final table 80% of the time you will need to be the aggressor. As the blinds are so big a couple of all ins could nail a top 3 payout.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I’d forget about any charts for this scenario. You need to be able to read the table. Most likely you are ahead pre flop here. To win a final table 80% of the time you will need to be the aggressor. As the blinds are so big a couple of all ins could nail a top 3 payout.

It is not very correct to be an aggressor with 2 out of 3 very large stacks included in the hand, given that i have practically no fold equity in this spot. At least one of them will call my all-in with almost any 2 cards. Most likely, the chip leader will do this, as a closing action in the hand. And even with a hand of 72o, it will be profitable for him because of the high pot odds, because he wins with this hand about a third of the time, and he only needs to call 6.61BB to win a pot of 14.48BB, which is a pot odds of 2.2:1

With such a stack, the best option is all-in.

That's right, the only question is with which hand it can be done ))

Would you also push with Ats? What about Ato?

An experienced MTT player wrote that the minimum hand for shoving here is approximately between tt and QQ.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion, Fokding is not a good option, but depending on your position at the table and the analysis of your opponents, your option prevails

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's been to some final tables of some free tournaments, but the best classification I had was second place i haven't won any free tournaments yet:D

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Depends on the size of your chip stack. If you're low, lay low and don't engage till the bubble bursts. If you have a big stack, you can play loose and pick up a bunch of easy chips.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just play the same way that got you to the final table!

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I probably would have shoved given the chip stack.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I probably would have shoved given the chip stack.

You can't consider only your stack...
Just considering the stacks of all players, AJ cannot be shoved. And AK is also impossible.

P.S. Also, winning by shoving won't get you closer to 3rd place in ICM.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Here's another feature: if opponents play quite loosely and often push not very strong hands with relatively large stacks, for example, with 13BB-20BB, despite the fact that there are short stacks at the table, then we should use the largest "icm penalties", when playing with a short stack. This is especially true for tournaments with small buy-ins.
Sometimes you can fold JJ-QQ.
And in some rare cases even KK-AA :D

Sometimes i just sit and fold with a short stack at the final table, and opponents with larger stacks are eliminated from the tournament one by one, giving me higher prizes ))

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hola

Being in a bubble I am very reserved, I try not to enter any hand (unless I have premium hands) otherwise I do not enter and I try to wait to enter prizes before continuing to play and so I play calmly.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not very correct to be an aggressor with 2 out of 3 very large stacks included in the hand, given that i have practically no fold equity in this spot. At least one of them will call my all-in with almost any 2 cards. Most likely, the chip leader will do this, as a closing action in the hand. And even with a hand of 72o, it will be profitable for him because of the high pot odds, because he wins with this hand about a third of the time, and he only needs to call 6.61BB to win a pot of 14.48BB, which is a pot odds of 2.2:1

That's right, the only question is with which hand it can be done ))

Would you also push with Ats? What about Ato?

An experienced MTT player wrote that the minimum hand for shoving here is approximately between tt and QQ.

Well, I already know how the opponents at my table play. would focus on their game too.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes fold because of icm plus short stack is all in the next hand!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you have reached the final table, it means that you are a good player, you can also play the same way that brought you to the final table.
In general, I think it is better to play at the final table with more patience, with the pair and monsters hands and the board if possible, and to wait and not rush.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably would have folded. But had I decided to play, I would have pushed, to maybe scare someone away.