Final table. Bubble. What is the best way to play?

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Screenshots MP opens at 40.9%, SO opens at 13.7%

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20220516-172107.jpg
    ice_screenshot_20220516-172107.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ice_screenshot_20220516-172124.jpg
    ice_screenshot_20220516-172124.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The second screenshot shows how CO should re-raise against MP's open raise?

And what spectrum did you assign for BB? If there is an aggressive player in the BB who likes to isolating-reraise, for example, on a 15% range, then is that good for us or not? He can make others fold...

P.S. Raise is written on the screenshot, but CO only called in this spot. So maybe the real answer be different?

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Screenshots MP opens at 40.9%, SO opens at 13.7%

The second screenshot shows how CO should re-raise against MP's open raise?

And what spectrum did you assign for BB? If there is an aggressive player in the BB who likes to isolating-reraise, for example, on a 15% range, then is that good for us or not? He can make others fold...

P.S. Raise is written on the screenshot, but CO only called in this spot. So maybe the real answer be different?

ICMIZER is a program that calculates only shoves or folds. Shown is the range of CO he should fight back with. On the BB, I cannot set the range, unless I specify it as a participant in the distribution. Here is ICMIZER's estimated range that the BB should be pushing. (screenshot 45% below). This range is intended for a fairly aggressive player in the big blind. For more complex calculations, there is another SimplePostflop program. This program shows ranges and calls and 3 bets and so on.
I don't think the answer will be different. For calculation, CO is indicated as a caller. And the range with which he should push is indicated. If the CO didn't push, it's likely that the CO has weaker cards.

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20220518-050122.jpg
    ice_screenshot_20220518-050122.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 8
Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, calling here is of course the most negative decision that we don’t even consider, AJ’s hand is quite suitable for doubling up, but there are two short stacks, the decision is of course not easy, but I would play all in, since the prize money is still not that big, well, even if we we get a call from someone, our chances of doubling up will be quite high and we will be able to claim higher places, in general, the decision is debatable, but I put all in in the hope of fighting for the victory in the tournament later

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whenever ICM is involved, it's always OK to fold, especially when short-stacked. hero is more likely to make money by folding a pretty hand like AJs, and hunt for a better spot. caveat: if the money jump is worth the wait.

also, having 8bb at this final table can ladder up well (i.e., more money by folding) considering that there are at least two other players severely short-stacked. yea, it's not fun to fold when we are short, but we play poker to make money.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let the other players take each other out.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel like there wouldn't be much of a chance to get any better hand than that so late in the game. For me, I'd be all in for sure. It's a hand I am ok losing with, but I sure hate losing with it against poor hands.