Final Table with 99

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 on calling.

There is a point you get to where you have to say, what hand exactly are you waiting for? Easy call.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the fact that the pay jumps increase dramatically after two more eliminations, I would fold here. There's a chance you're behind anyway, and even if you aren't, there's a decent chance your opponent will catch if he has even one overcard.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I don't see how you fold if he only has 9bbs and had been re-shoving a ton.
Even if he's UTG that could just as easily be 2s-8s A9-AK. My guess is you ran up against an overpair and are looking to see if you made a mistake, not really imo you just got coolered by circumstances.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for 90% call deepends how he was handling rishing/calling/folding before.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call seems like a good decision here.
It seems like this guy got used to steal blinds with no action whatsoever and with 9BB his range must be really wide here. With 99 you are good to go

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not call, but all in) There are still blinds after us) But in general this is a border decision. If he is so loose and given his stack, then I think the range will be even 22+. He counts on fold equity, so most likely I would be pushing

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have no choice but to fold it n let the rest of the table fight for it

A

Aslama01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well. This seems to be "obviously" down the middle. My input is you could probably go either way. I personally would call as I'm playing to win, not to ladder. I would feel I'm usually ahead here and having those additional chips would give me a lot more strength. I won't always win, but It just means my situation isn't any better. I'm still alright with everyone elses stack. There's still blinds to colect so its 75% profit or 50% loss on what seems like a favorite. I call.

alexgrin

alexgrin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unambiguously you need to call or all-in

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he is loose with his all-ins You should call. He push from UTG, it's strong, but If he doing it a lot, than I think 99 is very good hand to play aganist him even If it would be a coinflip :)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold ...
9BB too much loss for a 50/50 chance ...
good luck and on in the game ..))))
:icon_stud

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post... this is really a difficult one.
I guess it depends on how well you can read the aggressor.... the fact he is shoving a lot doesn’t guarantee he is not holding AA right now....

It also depends on how the other players behave... are there many all ins and it is likely that you make it to a higher position fast? Then folding might be more profitable than going into a coinflip for just 9 BB.

The gambler in me says call him... he is weak!
The more analytical part says keep yourself out of
Break even plays and wait for a real monster while
others bust by making these calls...

I was too lazy but I think that doing an exact analysis
against the range of the aggressor might show that calling
and folding are going to give you almost the same EV here...

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have dropped 99 there for sure the hand is better than QQ + and we will lose half of our chips.

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen so many bad beats in pokerstars because of that I think I wouldnt have called with just 9s.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just do a quick overview on all his hands played and get some info so I can get his chip to my stack. But I think I would jam here due to his all ins lately. It seems that the table is playing tight and he is getting value of it.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG shoves all-in with 9BBs,( he's been shoving since we were at 35 people left, 14 or 16 times or so, without being called once ), and you're on the button with 19BBs, pocket 9s, in second place with 7 people left. The payouts go up dramatically starting at 5th place. What do y'all do ?

1010+ thats opinion of good one reg(not mine)

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably call, to sit to ladder up does not work out that often, but for one spot or two

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I don't see how you fold if he only has 9bbs and had been re-shoving a ton.
Even if he's UTG that could just as easily be 2s-8s A9-AK. My guess is you ran up against an overpair and are looking to see if you made a mistake, not really imo you just got coolered by circumstances.
totally agree. Even if you lose chips this time, it is the right play and in the long run I think you will get more winnings with a call here.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have very little concern of making the top 5 I play to win. If I see things like this I call. If it was for my entire stack I may fold but when I have him covered I call. If he wins the pot more then likely he'll slow down allowing you to play his game. Shove your stack and play the aggressive small stack.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If only 19bb and we secound in chips stacks are tiny u should prob reshove for isolation in this pot as stacks so short u getting about 30 bb if win this hand can put ton leverage in icm situations he can have wide range hands any pair any ace x any 2 Broadway's etc maybe even wider as he knows blinds could cripple his stack in few hands so def Isolation shove with 19bb u need to gamble in plus e.v spots in poker can't always have aces this I think plus e.v and if u win this pot u prob getting top 5 or better with icm pressure u can put on opponets

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG shoves all-in with 9BBs,( he's been shoving since we were at 35 people left, 14 or 16 times or so, without being called once ), and you're on the button with 19BBs, pocket 9s, in second place with 7 people left. The payouts go up dramatically starting at 5th place. What do y'all do ?

I would call. It's very unlikely that he has overpair. If not overpair, you have 50% to win at the worst case - overcards. With 28BB and chip leader you can rule the table after that. If you lose, you still have 10BB and chance to double up.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would make the call myself .... he is probably betting a lot of air ... if he has overs it's a flip ... you have to win some sometimes to make it to last one standing ...not only that, its my opinion if you play out of fear and try to survive on monster hands you have to get even luckier to get that monster while your stack doesn't grow and even dwindles from being to cautious...

They could have you beat, and maybe they catch on their 4-10 off, but you still have two outs to a set and maybe something else freakish .... happens all the time.. it's poker...but I will not play like a lamb, when I have a decent hand and try to slide in with probably a smaller and smaller stack...especially when he has been shoving every hand ... to quote Doyle Brunson talking about similar situations " he's just going to have to show me " and even then as you described ... they aren't your last chips ......

I’m totally agree with you, on that spot showing is only thing that I would do. ,, Who dares, wins “!!!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If your opponent made an all-in with UTG,

If your opponent made an all-in with UTG, it's likely that he has either an overpair or an overcard on his hands. I would pass if I were you, because I absolutely do not like pair 99. I lose 70% of hands on this card, and I can not understand why myself. Just not lucky and everything. But on the other side in your situation, you could call, if you say that he often did all-in before getting to the final table. It's hard to say which decision is correct in this case, for this I need to be in your situation.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold.
Your stack is not so large that losing 9 BB will not worsen your position. And 99 is not the strongest hand in this situation. If we assume a typical range for such an all-in, then this will be the finished pair 99+ or A10 +. This makes your chances of winning 50/50.

Why are you assuming a typical all-in shove range when the Villain's behaviour hasn't been typical, though? He has been shoving abnormally. I would say you can add all pocket pairs to the range, but to be fair 55+. He had very likely been pushing with medium and lowish Aces, and KQ too.

I would assign him 55+A7+KQ. That's puts you slightly ahead. To be honest his range could be wider as well. It's a tough spot alright. I would consider the following.

How deep is the rest of the table and the blinds in particular. Is there a likelihood the blinds will interfere?

Middle and low pocket pairs lose value dramatically the more players enter. The lose value faster than broadways. If I had any doubt that blinds will interfere I would Fold, unless the blinds were below 6BB so I would have a chance to dominate the side pot.

Is the rest of the table shallow in comparison with you? If yes I would go for it. If not say 1 or 2 players have 15 bb+ I would not. Losing the pot would put you into disadvantage. On the other hand, you'd reaffirm your image that you won't be f with.

I think I'd be slightly pivoted towards folding to be honest because you dont know what the blinds hold. Although Im sure they'd be happy if you eliminated him. At best you are going for a coinflip pretty much, though the dead money is tasty. If I had JJ I would go in. I would fold this. It is a very hard fold though. If you were more shallow you'd need to call.

My 2 cents.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would assign him 55+A7+KQ. That's puts you slightly ahead. To be honest his range could be wider as well. It's a tough spot alright. I would consider the following.

The odds Calculator says that even if the villain QJo your chances of preflop are about equal. Why risk half the stack?

4878539915.jpg