fighting the boredom of long tournaments

O

OgnianMikov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 10-20 tables and I am rarely bored, but when they shrink to 3-4 I I am usually deep somewhere and start paying more attention to the players, check whether they are loosing or winning players, write notes.

Of course, sometimes I take a glance at my Fb, tv..but try to stay as focused as I can on the tables. Sometimes when I have only 1-2 tables I even play some bullet chess (1min) : )

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be bored, I go to two tournaments at the same time.Breaks at one time,so there is time to go to the toilet. And music as background...

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a large stack then just take a nap at the table or ur computer desk. I heard a rumor that Phil Ivey used to sleep at the table with his eyes wide open back when he used to play long live sessions.

Kappa

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I browse trough FB or play 2-3 tables at once

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play and increase your bankrol to such an extent that you can absent yourself in some moments, another option would be to play two or three consecutive tournaments so that boredom becomes fast decisions and a bit of adrenaline

D

Dajamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often watch movies, listen to music, or play xbox while i play poker.

I know playing xbox while playing poker is really bad because im 100% distracted when not in a hand lol. Not getting any reads on players and how they play.
Unfortunately I get bored very easily and have to do something to kill the boredom, and I love xbox so thats what I do :p

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes the boredom or lack of time can lead to looser play,
get lucky and get more interest in the game for some more hours,
or go out and get on with life.
It's not good, but it happens.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you go deep why you get bored it mean more fun more focus... if you bored when you go deep then poker is not fo you.. appreciate the luck that you get mate..

Nikolay Goncharov

Nikolay Goncharov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing poker, not to be bored, I listen to music and open a table of other players, including professionals, and, in parallel, watching them play, still watching broadcast channels on Twitchy players in poker.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I include some sort of movie , or play alongside the cache or spin & go )))

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I start to get bored of the game, this is the first sign that I will soon lose. Tested more than once. During the game it is necessary to focus on the game. Neither public television, on mobile calls, making family problemm not allowed. All this either before or after the game. I started to get bored or distracted, in this case it is better to turn off the computer - so there is a chance to be the case of the ITM.

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then Just Play Tournaments With Time Limit. :)

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I will begin to play the league and I hope to be able to compete for the first places,

C

cardschad1130

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually put my ear phones on, listening to Iheart or TuneIn, something like that.
Playing two or three tables, also helps.

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We must play when you want, and then when you do not have mortgaged themselves)

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really like distractions that take the focus off the game.

The big problem is that people get into long games without planning the time they can spend .... playing in a hurry these tournaments is not a good idea.

Create an environment, comfortable place, good music and without much external interference

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mess around on here a bit maybe play some slots on the tablet.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just try to watch others play when I'm not in a hand. Keeps you interested.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The secret for you not to have this boredom is to listen to music that you like and if you think it is taking too long, just open more tables, so you will not have time to be there. As soon as you make a move on one table, another will open, and so on.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best not to get bored in a long tournament, this is to buy another tournament, but if it's boring again turn on the TV and find a funny transmission and will not be bored I'm so peretyzhuju boredom

D

dainius.ramanauskas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get bored it's usually a couple things for me... either the top prize doesn't interest me enough, I am not in the mood to play AKA I was already super bored and I decided to play, not enough tourneys going at once. What I mean by that last one is usually the most boring part of poker is the early stages of the tournement, it is usually the part where you should be playing pretty tight and waiting for the nuts so the fish can pay you off so what I do is start 5 tourneys at once this way you have a hand to play most of the time or a huge pot to watch. When I do this by the time I'm down to 2-3 tables we are getting to the money and if I'm lucky I get 2-3 into the money and usually at least 1 of them I can take pretty deep. Of course you'll have days where you bust all 5 of them within half an hour but that's usually when my computer goes through a wall and than I get to buy a new computer so I'm not bored anymore!

CloYndone

CloYndone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
concentration is difficult, especially when the long distance!

Indeed, the constant concentration is difficult, especially when the long distance!
Personally, I do so, at an early stage I do not focus too much on the game, I watch a movie, because I play only with good hands!
But on the middle and late all attention to the tournament!
Above correctly said,
Watch each hand is interesting! There is no time to be bored!
But I understand my mistake and am working on its elimination, which is what I wish for you!:)

O

Orangeroof

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In early stages, I stroll around on forums and watch poker lessons on youtube. I put the warning sound on, because I have sometimes missed my turn.

R

Reddaniel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker boredom

I think it's classically said, "good poker is boring."
I don't think it has to be boring.
I play an up beat movie in the background.
I scan the internet
I'm always glancing up at the game
Taking in what is going on
I like the feeling of watching from above seeing little trends and not getting emotional.

See

R

Reddaniel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker boredom

Also you need to have goals for the tourney
Not just cash/win
But, really where should you be at x blinds
What is my strategy for hr1, hr2, hr3
I need to refocuse at 30 left, 20 left, final table, what is the cash?

Final 3 now it's a game!