fighting the boredom of long tournaments

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing online poker tournament in the parallel I usually play computer games, can do their own thing, I read books. But all this is not very good effect on the game.
Honestly, need to pay more attention to the game: pay attention to the rivals and pay attention to the lines of the distribution. Even if you do not participate in the distribution, this does not mean that it is impossible to obtain some benefit for themselves.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy New Year!!! :icon_sant :party: :icon_sant

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get bored when I play poker, I love it, it is interesting for me. How playing poker may ever be boring for you?

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get bored when I play poker, I love it, it is interesting for me. How playing poker may ever be boring for you?

Well it can be since you need to fold for example 20 of hands and there is always a player who uses his extra time like forever.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Agree that music and facebook help but a good movie to watch is also good.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay attention and start labeling players and making notes, unless ur making enough money to support playing for a living ur game can always improve by being more interactive

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Live poker- music, candy crush, Facebook.
Online - I rarely play only one tournament so always got action or I play SnG, Spin n Go.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simultaneously watching movies and TV shows, sometimes live broadcasts.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes long tournaments are not easy to get through. However, getting bored is not a good thing. Need to pay attention or add more games (mtts, sngs, cash games) whatever it is to help you maintain focus. Make yourself some small goals to achieve each hour... Like get to 100bbs before the next break... or 3bet an opponent from the blinds that has been getting out of line.
Keep building your stack and playing well.. It's a grind but that's part of it.

good luck

stoke

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest solution seems to be just play multiple tables at the same time. You will have more decisions to focus on and will be constantly stimulated to avoid boredom.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a throwback to an earlier era . I like to read the newspaper while I wait for playable starting cards .

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can not be bored if you play poker :)

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play a tournament and get acquainted with the girls in social networks)))

D

disorder64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You may search around the forum for interesting hands or other cool topics or you may enter into another tournament/cash game. I prefer to enter into a turbo Sit&Go for 9 players so you may enjoy a fast 30 minutes game, while the tourney is taking place.

Also there is also the useful habit of putting some notes to the players on your table. Those notes could be very valuable if you meet someone of them in decisive hand.

Agreed - start taking notes on players; you'll find those useful later!

I have been sticking to freerolls and such lately, but when I would play bigger tournamnets, I would sometimes also have a freeroll or even play money game open that I could kind of 'play around' in, without risk, to keep me from getting bored and playing loose in the bigger game. I could use this game to try new strategies and such I hadn't been quite ready to risk money trying!

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came here to read because i'm bored to tears and just want to go to bed. It's been almost 6 hours in this 12K MTT.

I'm rather surprised to have made it this deep. I figured the KK 2 hours ago was going to me the death of me, instead it was a triple up.

I'd like another one of those about now, i feel due for a good run of cards and maybe get to the final table, that would wake me up some. LOL

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch TV if I am only playing 1-2 tables.

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to get way too bored when playing the same tourney for hours on end. Even though it generally means you've ran deep and are doing well, the money just wasn't enough incentive at that point for me to keep my focus.
Boredom cost me a lot of tournies as it would effect me and I punted off a lot of stacks by either massively overplaying a hand or simply playing a bunch of hands badly because of not concentrating properly.

It's not an issue these days for a couple of reasons. 1) I've simply become more patient as I've gained more experience at the tables. And 2) I play a few more tables now and almost always have a cash table on the side. Purely from having a couple of extra tables, there will be action more often so the boredom doesn't have as much chance to creep into my mind

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy poker, but if you find yourself getting bored then turn on some music in the background or open up some more tournaments or sit and gos and play then as well. Just make sure you're not overwhelmed with tables.

bub1egume1

bub1egume1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it of course is bad to distract, but I turn on the music with it easier a game goes. or serials, but it at me all on one monitor

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play a long tournament, I try to play multiple tournaments (such as 8) to play a good hand, and it was not boring.

YuriNepo

YuriNepo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The next time when you will be bored playing go to our forum cardchat.com)))))))))) talk and forget about boredom))))

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game it seems to me not to distract better, in any case to me it doesn't do well. And not to fill up music it is possible to listen.

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a decent chip stack, sit out for a while go for a walk but not to for long, you will blind out.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything fits this moment, watch tv, watch some videos, take a shower, play other games, read a book, stop and breathe, meditate. Almost any other thing can be done haha