Do you think playing only 4 Sunday Storms a month could be a good plan?

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think you need more tournaments like this because there are the best players and only playing against them can be improved, also the prizes are very good

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly man, this is weird. I just noticed this last time when I was playing. Made it to the top 1000 and I just cash in 35$?? 5 hours of playing and you give me 35$ in a 25 000 players tourney with a 275k prize pool....??

It's weird that the only ones getting good prizes are only the 100 firsts. The final table has really big prizes, they should lower the bigger prizes so it's more interesting for everybody. It really sucks to be grinding for so long and then get a 30$ cashin...but at the same time I would be happy to be at FT or near it....

This is a dilemma all poker rooms have, both online and live. It is usually described in the 'Structure' area and is always something you should investigate. Structures vary widely. I prefer a wide payout structure, and tend to shy away from the narrow structures. Wide would be that 25% of the players win something, narrow would be 10% of the players get ITM.

All tourneys are going to be top heavy, meaning the big money is at the final table.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a dilemma all poker rooms have, both online and live. It is usually described in the 'Structure' area and is always something you should investigate. Structures vary widely. I prefer a wide payout structure, and tend to shy away from the narrow structures. Wide would be that 25% of the players win something, narrow would be 10% of the players get ITM.

All tourneys are going to be top heavy, meaning the big money is at the final table.

Interesting. I didn't bother to check the structure that much before...maybe because I was not reaching the ITM that often lol.

Thanks for the info.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

So you get to win even less (if you win). Pretty sure this is something that is sought by rookies mostly.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is it, ladies and gent! The Sunday Stooooorm!

But they lowered the prize pool to 250k :s

Anyways, good luck to all! ^^

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is it, ladies and gent! The Sunday Stooooorm!

But they lowered the prize pool to 250k :s

Anyways, good luck to all! ^^

Once upon a time it was $100k

CC member JoeShowdown final tabled the Storm awhile back when USA players were still welcome to play on Stars, UB, FTP, etc. etc. etc. (all the great sites back then... sigh :( )

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once upon a time it was $100k

CC member JoeShowdown final tabled the Storm awhile back when USA players were still welcome to play on Stars, UB, FTP, etc. etc. etc. (all the great sites back then... sigh :( )

Didnt know that!

So I ran like a god at beginning, I was 17th position at some point, and then a made a terrible mistake (or was it a mistake?)

I went all in against JJ, I had AQ.

No As nor Qs came out.....a King came out tho, just to tease me -_-'