Do you think playing only 4 Sunday Storms a month could be a good plan?

8emaragas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And of top of that playing the freerolls.

Do you think it's a good plan to make a profit or do you think there is too much variance with the Sunday Storms (11$buyin, 300k prize pool or something like that).

Thanks for your advice.:D

I can't imagine that someone will enter pokerstars only one time per week if he wants to increase his bankroll. from the other hand it is a good thοught regarding the amount that you will be spending in a month,it would be even better if you earn the 11$ ticket via satelite( 1.45$ or 2.85$ somethinglike this) but you should be even more calm and concerate due to the fact that in this satelites most of the times you go all in with your 500 chips and probably you have to pay 2 or 3 of them and then you loose it...(tilt)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`m curious,,how did you do on sunday? Still chasing the Sunday Storm dream? :rolleyes:

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m curious,,how did you do on sunday? Still chasing the Sunday Storm dream? :rolleyes:

Oh hello there! Sorry, I completely forgot to give the results!

I did okay, the late reg just finished and I lost, so nothing amazing.

I did better in the smaller tourneys meanwhile during the week, I am often ITM now, I don't win a lot but I still make back what I invested at least.

For the satellites that a few of you guys brought up, I know it's a good solution that I should consider but I don't have much time to play so when I play it's to play a real game... I will give it a shot tho if I have time.

Alright, last chance next Sunday guys and girls!Let's hope it's gonna be a good one! ^^

S

sarniack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember this; Bankroll Management (BRM) is for cheap people. After a few (10's, or 100's of) deposits they say to themselves "Self, there has to be a better (cheaper) way!."

I would say BRM is for grinders ;) I never have bankroll to be able to play comfortably on the stakes I play, but this is because I play for fun. If I made my living being a poker player, I wouldn't play stakes that are too high for my bankroll (or at least I would try).

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope you run deep and cash big! Good Luck to you;)

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this is not enough, but it all depends on your goal in poker

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not play 2 sunday storms & use One $11 to play the Mega Satellite for Sunday Million and One $11 for Big $11 which has a prize pool of $100,000.

Both are good games.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone. So I have carefully read all your replies.

I decided that I will try it. The 44$ is ready and on the side for the 4 Sunday Storms.

I know there is a lot of variance and that the field is so huge, but I want to try the experience.

I will give you the results every week, maybe I will lose the 44$, maybe I will win something, will never know if I don't try it. :)

Thanks for the advice, I will keep you up to date!
I think that you are doing the right thing - the advice that was given is not absolute truth, and your plan is very good. Good luck :)

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What time is it?!

Ohhhh yeah! The 4th and final Sunday Storm of this month!

Good luck everybody, lets hope i make it into the money this time eheh

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play more mtts you cant just play sunday storms. better play 2 sunday storms a month and play every day some micro mtts or just 1 sunday storm

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost ITM tonight! Not a lot of chips but still there and alive! 6000 players left! :D

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the result!

PokerStars Tournament #1918485062, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
25193 players
$23070.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $275000.00 USD
Tournament started 2017/05/28 13:00:00 ET

Dear lajeandom,

You finished the tournament in 1043rd place. A USD 34.56 award has been credited to your Stars Account.

Happy but very sad. It was a good run tho, happy that I made it that far :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bink! :D Nice score! :marchmell

D

DiscoBadger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday storm

I have played the Sunday storm for the last 8 weeks and cashed 2x, I usually can breach the bubble but end up cashing at the bottom tiers, it feels like allot of hours effort for squat lol. Need to up my mid/late game playing!!! Good luck to everyone wanting to come first. LIVE THE DREAM.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good game man you need cards help you a bit to to pass forrward.Is still nice casshing when 25k players are in

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to play only 4 tournys ,is not a good idea..You need to be playing many more to keep ur poker mind on track,
if we all could only play 4 a month and win ,why not play the sunday million an win

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think smaller tournaments are better. An detail, in the next Sunday Storm, the total prize will reduce again. It was 300K, decreased to 275K and in the next tournament, the total prize pool will go to 250K.

The money collection increases, can even break records every quarter in revenue and there is a awards decrease.

Congrats, Pokerstars!

Last edited:
A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like every one else has already pointed out, it's not a good idea to do that (esp. when you understand a bit about variance and everything).

Instead, what I would recommend is to go for the off-hour tournaments, less entrants (Big $11, $8K Guaranteed; that kind). You'll most likely be able to justify the investment.

Cheers!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wih a bank roll yes but maybe must combine with others MTT in limits like $5.50 or $7.50 playing the Bigs, Hot or another in this limit. But all depend of your bank roll, if you don´t have is try to look for lucky maybe.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played the Sunday storm for the last 8 weeks and cashed 2x, I usually can breach the bubble but end up cashing at the bottom tiers, it feels like allot of hours effort for squat lol. Need to up my mid/late game playing!!! Good luck to everyone wanting to come first. LIVE THE DREAM.

Exactly man, this is weird. I just noticed this last time when I was playing. Made it to the top 1000 and I just cash in 35$?? 5 hours of playing and you give me 35$ in a 25 000 players tourney with a 275k prize pool....??

It's weird that the only ones getting good prizes are only the 100 firsts. The final table has really big prizes, they should lower the bigger prizes so it's more interesting for everybody. It really sucks to be grinding for so long and then get a 30$ cashin...but at the same time I would be happy to be at FT or near it....