Do you think playing only 4 Sunday Storms a month could be a good plan?

P

plan_B

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And of top of that playing the freerolls.

Do you think it's a good plan to make a profit or do you think there is too much variance with the Sunday Storms (11$buyin, 300k prize pool or something like that).

Thanks for your advice.:D

ещоб подтянуть навыки в СНГ и в течении недели катать к ним сателиты. если будет много билетов то их помоему можно обменять на Т-деньги. и дальше спины и вывод на кассу)

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only 4 tournamets? thats not enought I use to play 40 or 50 tournamets weekly

I still play a couple freerolls and small buyin tourneys, but the main plan this month is 4 sunday storm.

Let's see where it goes ^^

And for Plan_B, sorry but even with google translate i don't understand what you said haha.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished in the 12 000s for today on 26 000 players

Last hand my A9 against A7, a 7 came out on the board.

Happy that I went through half of the players tho. :p

Better luck next week, I hope.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't understand the thinking here.

If you're a good enough player to be profitable in those tournaments, then the best way to make money is to play as many tournaments as you can. Limiting yourself to just four a month is crazy.

If you don't think you're a profitable player, then there's no point even playing four tournaments a month - you may as well quit and save the money or just stick to the freerolls for the lulz or something.

I like to way you think, I never thought about it, that way :)

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't understand the thinking here.

If you're a good enough player to be profitable in those tournaments, then the best way to make money is to play as many tournaments as you can. Limiting yourself to just four a month is crazy.

If you don't think you're a profitable player, then there's no point even playing four tournaments a month - you may as well quit and save the money or just stick to the freerolls for the lulz or something.

I like to way you think, I never thought about it, that way :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Finished in the 12 000s for today on 26 000 players

Last hand my A9 against A7, a 7 came out on the board.

Happy that I went through half of the players tho. :p

Better luck next week, I hope.

Having fun is the main thing.

Have you considered taking one of your buyins & using it to try to win a couple satellites into the Storm? I don't know what ones they have these days but there used to be some $2 ones that ran on the hour.

Good luck next week.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have you considered taking one of your buyins & using it to try to win a couple satellites into the Storm? I don't know what ones they have these days but there used to be some $2 ones that ran on the hour.

Good luck next week.

I considered it but I have put the money on the side for the 4 SS already eheh.

Thanks for the cheering I hope to do better for the next one.

And cool for the 44th post haha I didn`t notice ^^

But no, it was not the night, maybe next Sunday it will be! :D

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good luck next week.
Even better they have 33c turbo deep sats that start at xx:44 every hour and they are incredibly soft

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a good plan, usually freerolls bring good prizes in addition if you do not have much free time for your work would be great idea ...

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do you think it's a good plan to make a profit or do you think there is too much variance with the Sunday Storms (11$buyin, 300k prize pool or something like that).

Yes, If You Win Every Time :D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember this; bankroll Management (BRM) is for cheap people. After a few (10's, or 100's of) deposits they say to themselves "Self, there has to be a better (cheaper) way!."

I am one of those cheapo's.

I wouldn't be if I was making too damn much money. But I'm not. If I were, I'd be perfectly fine with constantly depositing. Maybe figuring out how to write it off as an entertainment expense.

So when someone hits you on the head with the BRM argument, tell them that money doesn't matter to you. I guarantee it will change they way they react to you. Might even get invited to a party or 7.;)

If you have budgeted for this, then it will never be a problem for you.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you bankroll allows, why not:)

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your answers crack me up! :p

So it's this time of the week again guys and girls! Sunday Storm Number 2!

Good luck to all of you! :D

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow....what an horrible story....

So, I had 8 and 9, the board was 8 9 something, so already 2 pairs...

The turn, another 9.

So i check since I have a f*king full house, 2 other guys are against me.

The river is a Q.....I am telling myself....the only thing that could beat me is QQ.....So since its very unlikely, I shall go all in now, to make them believe I have AQ you know......

One of the 2 guys had QQ, giving him a Full house full of Queens.

Yep....sad story this week, see you next week for the third Sunday Storm.

I will go cry in a corner now. lol

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow....what an horrible story....

So, I had 8 and 9, the board was 8 9 something, so already 2 pairs...

The turn, another 9.

So i check since I have a f*king full house, 2 other guys are against me.

The river is a Q.....I am telling myself....the only thing that could beat me is QQ.....So since its very unlikely, I shall go all in now, to make them believe I have AQ you know......

One of the 2 guys had QQ, giving him a Full house full of Queens.

Yep....sad story this week, see you next week for the third Sunday Storm.

I will go cry in a corner now. lol

Highly likely that no matter how you played that hand, the QQ was gonna see it thru.:(

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, on the freerolls you can't earn a fortune but you can't lose anything either. If you think that you are so good player that you can play cash tourneys without being in minus, just go for it.

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Highly likely that no matter how you played that hand, the QQ was gonna see it thru.:(

yes you are right, but seems that cards are randomly generated before appearing on the board so maybe it would have been different if i would have go allin before...

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, on the freerolls you can't earn a fortune but you can't lose anything either. If you think that you are so good player that you can play cash tourneys without being in minus, just go for it.

in the last 2 months i lost around 200$....which is quite heavy I have to admit.

Perhaps after this little Storm experiment I am gonna slow down, and also change the platform....Seems that pokerstars always make me lose with the weirdest shit....everytime I was close to the final table I got fcked by something almost impossible....

It's quite annoying.

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is so much variance in the Sunday storms that even some poker pros often joke about how it's impossible to win it which i spotted on the Pocket5's forum recently. :)

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is so much variance in the Sunday storms that even some poker pros often joke about how it's impossible to win it which i spotted on the Pocket5's forum recently. :)

I believe you and them! But if I reached 1500 players, I can do it again...at least, I believe it! haha

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if you have the Money then just do it my friend and enjoy it.. good luck ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
maybe consider posting up some Hand Histories for feedback? (ie. that 98 hand...there's no mention of stack sizes... blinds, villain's stack sizes, etc.... which could make a HUGE difference in the hand).

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe consider posting up some Hand Histories for feedback? (ie. that 98 hand...there's no mention of stack sizes... blinds, villain's stack sizes, etc.... which could make a HUGE difference in the hand).

will try to do it if I get some time....thanks for your interest! ^^

It's starting soon ladies and gents! :D

GL everyone!!!

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have the Money then just do it my friend and enjoy it.. good luck ;)

Thank you! I really appreciate it eheh. I am not rich at all but I can put some money on the side for some poker project like this one eheh.

On top of that I won 43$ in a MTT 5$ buy in a couple days ago, feels good! :D

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good hobby, but in terms of making profit, you may have to wait a long time before you cash, if you play this tourney once a week. It depends on luck and also on your budget, if you're interested and can afford it, there are other $11 tournaments running every day besides the Sunday Storm.
You could also consider the satellites. If you play the $2,20 Sunday Storm sats and you have a good hit rate (more than 20%), it means you buy-in for the Sunday Storms with less money. If that's confusing, here's an example: if you play 10 $2,20 satellites you pay $22, if you can win 3 tickets (or tournament money, I forget which it is), that means your prizes are worth $33.