Do you think it’s worth playing freerolls properly

aworr226738

aworr226738

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Jam or play normal are freerolls worth the time to play normally and cash for a penny or is it better to jam every hand and not pay attention

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Persoally I would play them normally. These game can help increase your bankroll but are a great place to use to learn and improve your game. Yes you need to play agist people who may not care but it does have value if you learn from them.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
In freerolls, there are often maniacs who enter on any hand and who call with less than 10% for success and catch their victory) That's why these are freerolls)) My personal opinion here is to adapt to this style, but it's better to play at least world limits, where people pay some bai yin

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I believe playing for your rules properly is very beneficial for your overall game. Once the donkeys have been eliminated, it turns into a fairly normal game.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
money is the motivation to play well, and not just like it does not give a lot of adrenaline!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You should always pay attention to the actions of your opponents to make the best decisions. As freeroll players are very bad at the technical part of the game, the best thing to do is to always try to get the most out of your best hands, and not keep inventing games where you don't have the knowledge to execute them or bluff against paying opponents.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regardless of the game you play it is important to play correctly regardless of the final result so it will only benefit you in the future.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jam or play normal are freerolls worth the time to play normally and cash for a penny or is it better to jam every hand and not pay attention
Hi.
Apparently, everyone has their own vision of this issue. Personally, I adhere to the concept that freerolls should be played as patiently and disciplined as in regular tournaments. At least this approach will allow you to gradually improve your skills.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There no wrong play in freerolls so you dont need to play these "properly" ...

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I play them seriously all the time, because you have a great opportunity to make some cash or tickets...U only have to stand the late reg and then the field is thinned out so u can play with the "normal" players ;)

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it strongly depends on what kind of freeroll it is...if it`s 5k people competing for 50 dollars i would not care much and call alot..but if 1500 people are in the tourney and 1k get paid..i would think at least twice before making a lose call! :sneaky:
:giggle:

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi there

Normal poker will not work in the freerolls, at least to start with. To go far you have to double up quickly which is why you see so many All-ins. I usually start off super tight until I hit A suited, AA, KK, AK or QQ and raise big. QQ is not as much though, it depends on how many are left to act. If it's your day then they'll hold. If it's not your day you'll try again next time. Once the field has halved, then normal poker can resume against bigger stacks but beware of the short stacks. They'll still All-in you and hit some amazing outs.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will always play optimally. Why bother playing otherwise?

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There must be discipline everywhere, so you always have to play normally, practice new strategies, etc. Perhaps in the future discipline will play on your side.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Except for low stacked hyper-turbo FR where playing "normally" gets u blinded out in a jiffy.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
At the beginning of free tournaments it is to play all-in luck with any A and then when there are few players left if you can play poker correctly

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
I don't always play freerolls seriously! Unfortunately, I usually have the misfortune to lose pre-flop with the better hand. if I have paid a buy-in then I try to push myself. In a game where thousands play, it's not easy.

W

whoknowswhat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
think it's worth more just to improve your way of playing, even if there are some crazy people who don't care about the tournament and pay anything.

KANNE 1972

KANNE 1972

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Freerolls are definitely worthwhile, as you can build up a good bankroll without any buy-ins. You just have to get through the difficult phase at the beginning of the tournament

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls usually at the beginning, players are looser, trying to double their chips or fall soon so as not to lose too much time, but after blaind 100, players tend to hold a little longer and play with stronger hands, mainly getting close to the money.

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I would play them normally. These games can help you increase your funds, but they're a great place to learn and improve your game. Yes, you should play against people who may not care, but it has value if you learn from

Exact! I am of the same opinion. Greetings

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course you should play right, you learn to play correctly there and how to play against different types of players for this and many will play free tournaments right away, but you try not to be among them and play your game

aworr226738

aworr226738

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Thanks for all of the replies it seems like through all of these responses the general idea is play them tight at the start wait for late reg then play how you normally would

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I usually try to double up right from the start in these. Once I built my stack then I start to play tighter and treat it as cash tourney and hopefully win that seat.

It can be done 👍

Freeroll Passwords