Do you often try to provoke your opponent to bluff?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on the player and situation. there are just some players who will never bluff and others who shove if given a chance to bluff.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you often try to provoke your opponent to bluff?:captain:
https://www.boomplayer.com/32446394_B7402DCD47

That's a nice hand, very well played sir!

I generally like to induce bluffs in a couple of situations

1) Against players with aggression factor over 4.0 I usually go with a check call line
2) When all the draws have missed in a big pot on the river
3) When i can only beat a bluff on the turn, I prefer to check back and induce a bet rather than bet myself
4) When stack to pot ratio is less than 3 on the flop and I'm in no rush to start building the pot with a hand that has flopped tons of equity (like 90%+)

If there's any other situations I missed, please add!

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play with chat turned off, it tends to be too aggresive

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I wouldn't play bluffinduce very often. This way of playing often only works with crazy maniacs who always overplay their cards. Most of the time you miss out on getting even more chips out of an opponent's medium hand. He wouldn’t bet himself, but he’s often called a bet from you.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the preflop hand is badly played by the 2 players, and on the flop it was check raise, never check call, because for 800 chips, you risk 4000 chips, in fact I prefer to put 1/3 on the flop because a good player will he checks behind on that flop.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he offer me this chance why not, especially with good cards in hands

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make it very dependent on the opponent. If a calling station is involved then I like to bet on all streets. If my opponent is very loose and likes to bet with ace-high after a check on the turn and river, I also like to some kinds of bluffing that way and do a check-raise. Against TAG I also bet more often to build up a pot. Of course it also depends on the board texture (with a draw-heavy board, I don’t like to give free cards) and the number of opponents in a hand.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a nice hand, very well played sir!

I generally like to induce bluffs in a couple of situations

1) Against players with aggression factor over 4.0 I usually go with a check call line
2) When all the draws have missed in a big pot on the river
3) When i can only beat a bluff on the turn, I prefer to check back and induce a bet rather than bet myself
4) When stack to pot ratio is less than 3 on the flop and I'm in no rush to start building the pot with a hand that has flopped tons of equity (like 90%+)

If there's any other situations I missed, please add!

I like the idea of using the Aggro factor to decide when to let opp lead, and the river play. I'd also add blind vs. blind when you led the action pre-flop. I find a lot of ppl are willing to bluff into a coordinated/high card board if you play these spots passive, and ranges should be wide enough that most hands are just bluffs.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure, explore the bluff.
Even more when it is raised with the certainty that it will take the pot, then you just wind it up.

Exploring the bluff is always welcome, the bad thing is when I bluff and get caught up in it.

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting some 1 to bluuf always pays bigger pots in the end. but keap in mind if there are more players in the hand, dont let them see cheap turns or rivers. protecting your hand is key

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he provoke me, i will fight him until the end

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the right situation, I try, but it doesn't always work out.In freerolls and micro-limits, it is better not to do this.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to get people to call when they really shouldn’t with throwables, might not always get me anywhere but also gives me something to do to relieve the boredom of constant folding sometimes :D

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i have a strong hand i will usually slowplay the hand provoking a bluff from villain. Also a weak bet or checking fast might also be a good strategy if i have a strong hand because villian will usually think that he is ahead and will make a bet and then i can just make a call or a reraise.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do this with middle hands msm suit and compact

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think , that , the most important in poker , is to mix your game. Players at table are watching you , and they easy can read your hands :)

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never tried it, but it would be interesting to learn)

E

Ellah10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how aggresive the player is and how strong my hand is.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When sitting on a monster hand, either a min bet or an over bet makes your opponent want to sniff out this fishy bet

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you often try to provoke your opponent to bluff?:captain:
https://www.boomplayer.com/32446394_B7402DCD47
If there is a player against you who is bluffing too much, you better provoke him even further than try to stop him. Let's take an example similar to the one shown earlier with exchange poker. Once again, you, as a dealer, open trades with two aces or even queens, and the aggressive player, who initially folded, now calls. This player draws one card, and you are sure he expects to come. Since you want him to bluff, you'd better draw three cards, even to the detriment of yourself, but by doing so you show that you have only one pair.Now, if he bets, you will call. Even if you only slightly increased your opponent's desire to bluff, you still managed to provoke a bluff, which is already a plus. You are more likely to win this hand if you call your opponent's last bet than with any other option.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is an excellent strategy, it always works, I play preflop with a premium hand of 5 to 8 blinds and if luck is on my side and I hit, I run out of time and pass it, if I pay the high bet I will want to bluff or I hit too ,, well until forcing him to bounce and if he does not have to continue to the end ,, this is how it works for me, almost always short-term, strategy strategies ,, dominated by the variance effect ,,, luck guys ..