Do you often try to provoke your opponent to bluff?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends in many factors but yes I do it.In a dry board like this you don't need much protection so well played!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a mind game. If someone is susceptible to getting tilted easily to bluff against us, we have to exploit it.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have much experience but I also think it is very useful at the right time.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponent and on my statistics on him

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you often try to provoke your opponent to bluff?:captain:
https://www.boomplayer.com/32446394_B7402DCD47
Checking back vs a very aggressive opponent - often provides a greater number of chips, if they call the re-raise.

However - in this exact situation - the opponent should have just folded on the flop IMO. Any short stack that min-raises obviously has strong cards. Donk betting out - is an obvious connection with the board (or bluff) but more often connection. I would have folded on the flop if I was opponent.

A more interesting question is - what are you doing min-raising a strong hand like this with only 10bb.
You whiff - and are left with 8 - and essentially have to get a hand like this or stronger to get a double up. Essentially - seems quite weak to min-raise A/J. If I was A/Q opponent - I'd probably just pre shoved on you - put you to the ultimate decision.
Nice board runout though. worst hand won.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no, but I understand that some players if provoked make mistakes!

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do provoke bluff sometimes vs aggressive players.
But this hand with this stack size i would always go all in preflop.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
provoking a bluff is not an easy task, much depends on the opponent’s game.

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes and when they do it it feels really good tricking them, checking a pair of Kings with a an ace kicker in the flop if an ace appears, checking the turn and even wait for the bluff even if it's a tight player.

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course thats a part of strategy sometimes on river i bet too small then he go all in

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but everybody doesn't fall in the trap

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A more interesting question is - what are you doing min-raising a strong hand like this with only 10bb.
You whiff - and are left with 8 - and essentially have to get a hand like this or stronger to get a double up. Essentially - seems quite weak to min-raise A/J. If I was A/Q opponent - I'd probably just pre shoved on you - put you to the ultimate decision.

good question. play as the situation dictates and don't overthink it

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checking back vs a very aggressive opponent - often provides a greater number of chips, if they call the re-raise. A more interesting question is - what are you doing min-raising a strong hand like this with only 10bb.
I don't like to put all in preflop. I showed with a minimal raise that my hand is weaker than it looks. But if you put all in, it's very likely that I would have called and my luck would have been good on the flop.:five:

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sometimes if that's necessary, and the bluff in the game is

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not at all, i think this is a dumb play in poker if you do it usually, because you never know with cards your opponent really are, so the chance you loose is always there

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a very valuable tool, if you use it irregularly to balance your game.
I usually tend to think - ok, if I raise on a flop, what will my Opponent think? Either I raise in order to value bet (=i.e., I have flopped strong Hand) or I bluff. Most Beginners really Play straight Forward, means if you raise = you have strong hands, if you check = weak Hands. I like to exploit this Train of thought, especially in the first couple of rounds when People don't know you and assume you are a newbie. In this cases I just relax, and press check / call..most of the times, People get so annoyed by the river, that they bet a huge amount. That's when you can potentially even re-raise..

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to exploit this Train of thought, especially in the first couple of rounds when People don't know you and assume you are a newbie. In this cases I just relax, and press check / call..most of the times, People get so annoyed by the river, that they bet a huge amount. That's when you can potentially even re-raise..
Most players tend to think a check is a weakness. So I use the knowledge and sometimes the villain is betting for me. This puts a lot of opponents off in the next hands. Sometimes the opponent has a high chance with a draw, and our hand is not strong enough. Calldown helps out well.:captain:

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always good to bluff, but not too much, so that your opponent does not detect that and so he pulls more often, you must give your best game at the poker tables, and be focused on the play and not start talking things in the chat without sense, take advantage of that time to analyze the play from the beginning.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is the best weapon if poker ..it's just how you can use this weapon if you are on good place or you have the biggest stack

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I always try, but only against the regs, vs fish I try to get the most value