Do you multi table? If so how many tables do you feel you can still play good poker?

B

BamaRaised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a long time casual poker player who just recently decided to start taking the game serious in an effort to make a profit, I am most comfortable playing 2 tables right now, but I am looking to try playing a 3rd in the near future. I think it just depends on the person.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two tables is about the best I can do with giving them both the focus and attention needed to be effective. I've seen people play 6+ tables and do well at it. I've tried, but never do well when I have to focus on so many tables at once. It's not really poker for me when I'm playing too many tables.

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heard stories about 24 tables at the same time, well, what kind of superheroes..
For me, playing 4 tables is already stressful, because I play on one small MacBook and switching between tables is just inconvenient

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 tables comfortably. I've tried 4 tabling before and it's just too many for me. I was mentioning this in another thread, but it's impressive that some streamers can multi-table 10 tables, but I'm sure they have hotkeys and just can navigate through their games so easily. That comes with a LOT of practice though. I'm sure if I wanted to invest in practicing, I could, but I'm happy with 2, even three if one is an MTT.

D3NSER75

D3NSER75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try sometimes , but 2 table is max for me.

C

Chibude4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi table is very hard thing for me. i like play maximum tables

Mariya

Mariya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!!!

I can play a maximum of 4 got up because I have a mobile application and the computer has already crashed like two or three months.:confused::confused:

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 max.. If i wanna real focus and playing.. Maybe because i did it on laptop, and its not easy

M

mousedrive636

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The flip side?

My personal experience around multitable playing especially in the early stage of tournaments is that it keeps me from getting involved where I shouldn't be, additionally there is the advantage that if you bomb out in one, you are still in play elsewhere.
The flip side I think applies to cash tables where one can expect a player sitting on four or more tables to be playing formulaic poker . While I dont play cash games often I have had success targeting these players.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As of now I don't. I've tried but I can't focus on multiple tables without my play suffering. So until then I'm sticking to a single table.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually play 2-3 games together. I can watch the action and gather the information! Sometimes because of the situation I play more, but it is difficult to play like this.

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i saw a part of the main event of the wsop 2019 on tv yesterday. There was an online player who, according to the commentator, plays up to 50 tables simultaneously. I forgot his name, but this is soooo crazy.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally play 6 to 8 tables so i can make good decisions and be aware of how other people are playing. Notes are important.

A

amokxo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good question! hats off to you guys that play 5 or more tables. personally, no more than 2 for me-- hard to concentrate and make good moves, also, you miss the little nuances of other players

Me too, I play poker by the fun and not like a professional.

I

ikarusalpha12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
i am a newbie poker player and play normally 1 Table or 2. I guess is up to your skills. If you can handle your Table perfect you can try play 1 table more and so 4,5,6. But i think for play table at the same time you have to be a Pro Player to play and make always best desicion.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 tables is the most I play at the same time. with two I feel concentrated and comfortable even. There will be those who can play more tables, but me with two is enough to keep a good game at both tables.

E

elevator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4 tables is good for me

didnt try more but i think 4 is max for me

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi table is a process for a player. Some player use to play with multi table. But as a new player its good to focus to one or two table. And then just add some table if you learned already the tactics or strategy.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, 4 tables are optimal, then I make fewer mistakes and show good poker.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
i talk with guy yesterday who has played 36 to 60 tables simultaneously at stars :O ..unbelievable!!

Well, this is stupidity and not a game, he wants to get into the book of the Guinness Book :):dancing2: