Do you multi table? If so how many tables do you feel you can still play good poker?

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I did try multiple tables, 3-4, but it's stressful in my opinion.
I agree, for me, too, playing on more than 3 tables causes stress, due to the fact that I do not have time to control everything,and make optimal decisions.

S

ssj3gokudbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 12 MTTs at once where i have my highest winrate. Sometimes i have more than 12, maybe 15-16 but it s significantly harder to keep up with everything.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to play 4 at the same time regularly when I had a desktop computer and soft leather office chair to sit on, unfortunately had to get rid of all my office furniture and settle for a laptop so now although I could manage 2 games I rarely do, I prefer to play at a more relaxed pace and I enjoy playing and concentrating on one game at a time.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like at least 3 tables so I don’t get bored and play mediocre hands, back in the day I was 8+ and did well, but you lose the ability to learn the players at your table.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like at least 3 tables so I don’t get bored and play mediocre hands, back in the day I was 8+ and did well, but you lose the ability to learn the players at your table.

As I play mostly 8 and 9 max MTTs, the 4-6 tables are the ideal for me, however I agree, you lose the ability to focus for all tables and players same like playing only 1 tourney.

Otherwise, most of the time it takes 8-10+ hours to reach the FT bubble, and there are usually just few more phases, when I should focus more for one table, it rarely happens simultaniously on more tables, so I can manage it, even there are mistakes because of that, but playing on micro, low level, I can live with that, it is still more profitable than playing only 1-2 tourneys. Especially, I run out from patiance easier in that case, or I have to do next to the poker something else, as I can't just focus for the same tables sometimes for hours without any action, then comes the mistakes, too.

It was okay playing 1-2 tourneys, when I did not play everyday, just once in a week.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play at most four tables, but I noticed that I can focus best only if I have two months open, of course, using a lot of mobile applications.

tomoha321

tomoha321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, 2 tables is the limit, at 3 tables I already get confused in cards and lose the stack

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is something totally relative to the person and the type of table / tournament that is being played. When you feel that being losing your concentration there you should reduce the number. The ideal is to play the amount that you feel most comfortable with. More likely than not because it will affect your game.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
play multiple tables? I do not see it as profitable or favorable at all, I prefer to concentrate on one or two good tournaments per day and advance, I do not know who will have made a good capital at the expense of multiple tables; It is required, additionally, to have an excellent laptop, a very good connection and to be attentive to 15 20 screens. I have seen there tutorials to play multiple windows at the same time, I do not recommend it