Do you multi table? If so how many tables do you feel you can still play good poker?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I don't play as much I'd like to play 8 but 6 should be good to keep the focus up.
Usually mix with cash games & tourneys, not sure if that's a good idea!

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly
Same for me. I prefer 3 tables and the 4th window is for the replays to take notes. works best for me

I think Cash games are less situational than MTTs, therefor your ABC game works with 10+ tables. still you might lose a few bb/100 if you Play more tables because you Play only your Cards and don't have time to take notes About your opponents.
Everything at 10+ tables Looks like Assembly-line work to me

CallMeAnSee

CallMeAnSee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same for me. I prefer 3 tables and the 4th window is for the replays to take notes. works best for me

I think Cash games are less situational than MTTs, therefor your ABC game works with 10+ tables. still you might lose a few bb/100 if you Play more tables because you Play only your Cards and don't have time to take notes About your opponents.
Everything at 10+ tables Looks like Assembly-line work to me

thanks for all the replys. alot of great responses an make alot of sense as i dont play a lot of cash! an mtt an double throughs seem to be quite hard for me to play anymore than 4.

thanks again ladies an gents:D

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 was easy for me for years, 6 per each screen. sometimes played 16. Hard to play more, need to change the setup.

It's easy to learn it, and it will help in your other activities.

You need to improve 2 things:
1) your APM (actions per minute) - by installing APM counter and clicking-clicking mouse and keyboard buttons during many hours to start feeling comfort at 120+ APM

2) practice at 12 free tables for 1 month if you want to play 9 tables for cash in the future... or practice 9 free tables if you want to play 6, or practice 15 for 12. It might be hard to play 12 free tables for start, but body is getting used with time and brain adapts. When you'll be comfortable with your decisions at 12 free tables - you can try to play 6-9 tables for min cash or lowest buy-in SnGs/MTTs. You will find it boring when you're stepping down from 12 to 6 tables...

and ofc, you need a good setup. one large and one or several additional screens needed, minimal setup is laptop + 24-32" screen or more. Monitor of the laptop for lobby, and other monitors for the tables.. Keyboard shortcuts for bets is a must have, mouse with 5-7 buttons, binding and using most of these buttons is another must have. 12 tables is actually easy. I don't know, maybe I could play more tables with comfort at just one big screen, haven't tried it in past, and not going to try this in the future, enough for me.

P.S. In the past, like 20 years ago, when I was young, I was playing StarCraft at the battleNET and was in top 100 several times, played against Elky and other top 10 players in the world, that's where I've learned to click :))) the best Strcraft player in the world - Slayers_boxer had APM above 320... that's more than 5 actions per second, and such actions are not like typing. It's something out of this planet.... It's hard to explain, and games are different today, Starcraft was like chess compared to todays games for dummies.Elky was the reason why I've paid interest to online poker and started to study it :p

By the way - Enjoy the video, his setup is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwDLbceGEY4

That’s way to intense for 95% of poker players out there. To be that fast, sharp, and lucid takes a rare brilliant mind. Most of which do not have the blessing of having unfortunately. My max is 2 tables for online. I don’t care for the frenzied pace. I know I enjoy playing players online who multi table more than 5. Their play is always predictable and usually straight abc poker since they have so little time to think. I tend to almost always make money off these people.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2-4. Tend to try to stick with 2 or 3 and sometimes even 1. Maybe I will bump that up when I become more comfortable with my play, but not likely.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
2-4 tables are ok, when it happens, that this will be more, it becomes a bit stressful for me, lol. If it is too much for me, then I reduce numbers of tables by the importance of tables. I minimize tables then and play them further when I have fewer tables again.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello.
I usually play an one table at a time. For me this is the best option. Good luck.

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played with around 6 before needless to say it was hectic af, now I will only play one usually two max whilst I’m still learning to play properly as I find it much better to focus on one table and notice and work on your mistakes, that way although you are playing less you can improve quicker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually 4. However if I am running deep in a multi table tournament or get short handed in SnGs, I will reduce the number of tables.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play more but now only two or three tables at a time

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do, sometimes 6-8 tables with a second monitor, but I prefer 2-4 tables.
3 are the best number for me because I can usally Keep up with the Action on all 3 tables and have the replay window open as my "4th table"

4+ feels like Assembly line work and I can't Focus 100% on all tables so my game is getting worse.
I can't imagine playing 10+ MTTs at the same time though

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2 22in monitors....I play 4 on each comfortably......6 if i want to push it. I want to upgrade to 32s

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play 4 tables at the same time. To make a decision and consider all the factors, I do not have enough time, because on other tables will be my move. I feel comfortable playing on 2 tables at the same time.

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if I am playing SnGs then I can play 4. MTTs I normally play 2, sometimes 3. The less tables I play the stronger my game because I am able to read and gain information on the players at the table more (besides using a HUD). My RSI also restricts me from playing too many tables

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt used to have a 4 at once SNG with the 5th prize being overall. I had a great ROI in those. But, all the same players. That would be my limit though.

waynecorts

waynecorts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mutitable

Yes i love playing like that im not so bored haveing to diisaplan mysealf training

waynecorts

waynecorts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Busy

I think muti tables keep me shstp and on my toes

waynecorts

waynecorts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep depovation

I stay up so long i think i hear the bell thinking my turn freeks me out i stay up 72 hrs playing whats the lingest any yall stayed up playing

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play in the cash, especially my favorite zoom, maximally comfortable for me the 8 tables,
by condition, that I feel yourself is very good... If these tournaments sit & go, more the 2 tables
is better not need, and if this tournament with the normal structure, especially important
for me, better if only 1, that not lose concentration, because the most prize money are
for the final table! Good Luck the ALL!:rolleyes:

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
The smaller the table size the less tables you can play action comes around too fast. You should be able to play more tables if you are playing double or nothing as those do not go headsup.

If you got 2 screens I reckon you should be able to 8 or 12. 4 tables should fit on a screen comfortably on a 19 inch or less. If you have like a 24 inch you should be able to fit 6 tables comfortably on it.

I stress the word comfortable you must be comfortable when playing. It is most important and everyone is different just because one person can play 16 tables at a time does not necessarily mean another person can do it too.

The best option is to try many things and see what works for you.

Y

yosif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yosif

if i play more than 4 i make too many mistakes

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me, 3 tables max, otherwise I'm just clicking buttons.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to keep it at two tables, maybe three sometimes if I'm feeling it.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hi im quite new here. i just wondered how many tables people feel is a good number?

i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly

thanks for any opinions!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I can play 2-4 comfortably but generally I prefer to play one at a time at a higher buyin and focus on the opponents at that one table. I take thorough notes during play. This is much harder to do when you are playing more than one table at a time and I think taking notes is a much undervalued part of online poker.

S

skeiwotscher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me three tables are ok to play. I need to get a feeling for bluffers and for the others