Chips
in big tourneys 1st place is most profitable, so you have to risk on buble

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in everygame of holdem there comes a time when you have no choice but to go all in.

its a difficult situation being so close to being in the money stages of the tournament especially if you are the short stack.

so being in the mid position every player has limped
you have 2bb left and you have JJ

do you A = push
B just call

ps i find that jacks are far worse than pocket 10s but what do you think???

I would push, because my goal is to be in first place.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble Bust

in everygame of holdem there comes a time when you have no choice but to go all in.

its a difficult situation being so close to being in the money stages of the tournament especially if you are the short stack.

so being in the mid position every player has limped
you have 2bb left and you have JJ

do you A = push
B just call

ps i find that jacks are far worse than pocket 10s but what do you think???

I just fell apart in a $0.50 buy in MTT. I had played for an hour, was in 5th place. 1 player to go to be ITM. I get QQ in BB all fold to SB he is chip leader he goes All in...My dilemma, do I fold and hope to get in the money? do I call and hope to raise my position?...side note the SB has been bullying continuously, So I call,, he has A 10 and catches the A...guess the smarter move would have been to fold..hindsight..

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day in the 888 sports bet freeroll I was utg and shoved with A 10. I was confident all would fold except the BB. All folded except the BB, he had A J. I lost. At the time I was 101 outta 211, top 150 get paid. I dont feel too bad cause I read the table right, just happened to run into a hand.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless there is literally one person to the money, I don't really change my game. If anything I loosen up a bit because most others tighten up. I've won a quite a few pots on the bubble that would let me go deeper into the money than if I had played more conservatively.

I would not hesitate to go all in with AA or AK or KK, especially against a short table. I might think twice about calling an all in from a large stack, but first in, definitely.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to shove. Google some push/fold charts and play them. At 2 BB you can shove almost any two cards.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes once in a while : AA ,kk and few times on two pair

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just fell apart in a $0.50 buy in MTT. I had played for an hour, was in 5th place. 1 player to go to be ITM. I get QQ in BB all fold to SB he is chip leader he goes All in...My dilemma, do I fold and hope to get in the money? do I call and hope to raise my position?...side note the SB has been bullying continuously, So I call,, he has A 10 and catches the A...guess the smarter move would have been to fold..hindsight..

No! You got your money in to double up with about 75% equity. If you win you're in a great position to win huge. Play for 1st.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

If I am short in stack and on the bubble then I try to not play a hand until bubble burst.

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually steal alot blinds at the bubble , because most of the remaining players become so tight and scared to call you even with a monster hand .
i think you have to take your chances and go all-in .
To me this is working fine , i make very good decisions, but maybe there is another type of play for others.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On bubble usually shove unless I have horrible cards.

In Mtt, if I'm on the bubble, I usuallygo all-in, except if my cards are 27o, 39o; horrible cards.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donkey2019 JJ are way better than TT and thats math thats not what I think, and close to the bubble the action depends on SO many factors like the average stacks size and the payouts and my stack and the icm implications...

J

jsk963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens when I get decent hand and I am shortstack.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sometimes in the bubble i m all in fpr adrenaline :D

G

Glondark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid these situation, but if the needs comeand there is no other option I would go all-in.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I continue to play normal for the most part. I try not to get too caught up in the bubble. Sometimes it works out for me, sometimes it doesn't. I just try to pick the best spots possible for me when I have the right hand. Position is probably the most important thing for me.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s advisable not to bring to such a situation - when you have a bb, everyone understands that with such a stack you will be closed with a wide range - therefore, it makes no sense to reset your top range

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is enough for ITM, I hope, in doubt, allin

C

Cbrady1315

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll go all in with 5 big blinds or less. Mostly in position. I find it gives me A good shot of doubling up before or everyone else is already tight I steal a couple of blinds and it can make a bluff work down the road pref flop with rags

S

Szocske2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is difficult the bubble.Sometime you cant go alin whit small prise.No allint front the utg.And the best to do play big blinds god cards All in

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the games I play, the ideal situation is that you shove all in and a few players call, then after the flop you get a loose big stack who shoves all in with nothing and forces the other players out, meaning you win. It generates a lot of bad feeling at the table.

However, I have folded AA short stacked at the bubble knowing other players were all in. In fact in a satellite it's the right thing to do in my opinion.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I got a tournament through a satellite, and the very first prizes have a significant addition to bankroll, then I throw out even AA

That's how I play as well without restriction when the cost of losing is too much. However, when I can afford to lose I become a different animal.