Break

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long have you made a break between playing a tournament?

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took 7 years off poker.
lately its been like a week off or 4-5 days off.
2 weeks off.
I don't play like I used to.
used to all day every day for 10 years

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One day rest from poker in a week. I stopped playing in many poker rooms because heavily tired. Now only play in PS and ACR, and this gives me a chance to relax at least one day.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Sometimes I took a break for 1-2 weeks. The break always helps me. I noticed that after a good rest, I make more correct decisions. And the results are, obviously, better than they were before the break.
Good luck.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After pokerstars left australian players i took about 1 year off, im back playing at ACR now. The break was actually really nice, feeling refreshed and improved afterwards.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My maximum break is 6 months, but it did not concern the tournaments and the poker as a whole.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Basically, I take a break twice a year if I go to rest. But honestly, I think that meditation brings more benefits than a break.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I'll take a 2 or 3 week break just to clear my mind and get a rest then I get back at it with volume and hours and it works really well when I do that it is just a thing to stop then break down and tired mind syndrome from kicking in and the rest does me well before I get back into the grind.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I’m on a run bad luck or get frustrated I have no problem taking a few days to refresh my mindset. Taking a break can do a lot of good. Running bad and variance can result negatively on one’s game. Frustration can lead to poor habits and decisions. Better to clear one’s mind and refresh.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your question is a break between tournaments on the same day. As of an hour or less. And if it comes time without playing poker I have spent almost 6 months when I run out equipment.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
breaks

The biggest break was for 4 years, when I didn’t play poker at all. Then I went back to the game and started playing with breaks from several days to several weeks. Now I try to skip tournaments as rarely as possible. I think breaks are normal for a game like poker. they give you time to think about the game and a simple rest for the brain. at the same time, you need to learn, improve and constantly improve your skill class.:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

First 20 years of my life was probably the biggest break :rolleyes: but since then when i became (legally) old enough to play poker i've played pretty much some tournaments every day although there are some rare days where i stay away from poker sites :cool:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Even speaking I do not take a break because for me it is a way to make money. I know it is wrong and a month should be taking a break but can not afford it.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When I tried to make money playing multi-table poker tournaments, I didn’t have a specific time allotted for a break and rest. It was time to start, from 8 pm. Then I participated in all the tournaments that started no later than 2 am and then just finished playing until the last, and then went to bed.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for only one year. My longest break was about 10 days. After 10 days, I realized how much I love this game. :D

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My longest break was 1 month since I started playing!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm on abouit a year and half right now. I'll get a SnG in now and then.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being retired I have the time and play most days.:):):)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly my breaks were forced. And they were no more than 2 weeks.
But now I am thinking of quitting online poker for good. Online poker is only suitable for training, this is my opinion. Since there is an intermediary in this type of poker, it is the owner who intervenes in the game in all possible ways, through software, in order to increase his profit. First and foremost, users suffer from this.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any occupation sooner or later begins to bother, that's when I take a break, the break is not limited to, as soon as there was a desire to play, I will shrink and start playing poker, but most often it happens after 1-2 weeks break.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a couple years off myself. But if I play regularly and start to run bad I will take a day or 2 off.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Specially pereryz do not. Basically, and for domestic problems. I treat the game as lhkomyslyno and I think that this is a solid scam, especially at low limits.:bandit:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
for me, the break between a tournament and another depends on the start time, I usually do not set a goal to rest, I only consider the start time and the time I want to register, but I do not think much about how long I want to rest