Best strategy in this game

H

Hoolay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 buy in with unlimited rebuys for 1hr.
50k chips. 18-26 players. 9 player tables.
Starting blinds.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to play vs players in this game
who are mostly players who will almost never fold to any bet. Even if blinds are
100-200. Entire stacks often are in the pot. Is it better to play this game tight and get
paid on your made hands or limp any hand you can and try to get lucky?

Just to give an example many players in this game will put their entire 50k with just a pair.
Will call any draw no matter the bet etc.

If you need more information about the game and players ask away i'm not sure what other
information is relevant.

Thanks

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting blinds.

who are mostly players who will almost never fold to any bet. Even if blinds are
100-200. Entire stacks often are in the pot. Is it better to play this game tight and get

Just to give an example many players in this game will put their entire 50k with just a pair.

If you need more information about the game and players ask away i'm not sure what other
information is relevant.

Thanks

Thank you for posting.

More data that will help is # of players per flop and pre and post flop aggression level.

You state they put 50k in with one pair-is it by calling or betting? When do they get all-in with 1 pair? Flop Turn or River?

Based on the data you gave we have to break up our range into smaller sections preflop

AA KK very large raises preflop to try to get head-up. we can even shove them both for stacks pre.

AK AQ raised smaller but played as drawing hands because we get no folds post flop

QQ-22 set mining or over pairing vs a player who will stack off with AT on T2468.

Axs raised but played for the flush not the pair.

Connectors limped multiway but played to make straights pot controlled even with 2 pair as needed and flush draws are dangerous if flop was multiway.

The key to most of our range will be to play to see a cheap flop multiay if we have 0 fold equity post flop. Why build pots preflop to miss when they pay us off post flop when we hit. We want to be paying 1bb to win 50bb as often as possible but we need to make nut like hands to continue.

When we make the nuts we over bet it. When we think our V has a weak draw on the turn we over bet our better hands and we check back more with our marginal hands as our V may over pair us with their draw and not fold when they hit the river.

The rebuys help as our V will suck out or have hidden nut hands so we just rebuy when that happens.

No need to chase thin equity draws why take a flip for 50bb when you can get all-in with 90% 5 hands later.

Hope this helps
:):)

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Again wait be patient you shove at the top of your range. Fold meddling pairs though flop might kill your hand. For the most part don't be scared they just shoving light most of the time any ace usually and worse less then optical hands.. really I done caught them all once you build a stack though preserve it they will stack themselves right out the tournament.

H

Hoolay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limped hands almost everyone is in there, but other than a few players most of them will call
raises with almost anything if they have a "feeling."

We also have a royal pot which is $2500 so there are alot of people playing the royal cards right now. We have a single card one for half the pot as well so people have been in pots with pretty much anything this has gone on for months now.

When I say they will put their entire stack in on anything, I also meant at any given time stacks seems to go in on every street. I'm trying to exploit such play but I find myself taking horrible bad beats quite often.. but all of your tips have already given me ways to avoid that.. like not racing for stacks when they will punt it a few hands later when you are 90%.

The only thing I didn't quite understand about AK AQ.. when you say drawing hand do you mean not continuing post flop if you miss?

Thank you so much for the help.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many strategies and styles of play personally i identify with strong hands pair of AA KK QQ with these cards i go with all medium and low pairs or connected or suited cards a strong raise. :D

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limped hands almost everyone is in there, but other than a few players most of them will call

We also have a royal pot which is $2500 so there are alot of people playing the royal cards right now. We have a single card one for half the pot as well so people have been in pots with pretty much anything this has gone on for months now.

When I say they will put their entire stack in on anything, I also meant at any given time stacks seems to go in on every street. I'm trying to exploit such play but I find myself taking horrible bad beats quite often.. but all of your tips have already given me ways to avoid that.. like not racing for stacks when they will punt it a few hands later when you are 90%.

The only thing I didn't quite understand about AK AQ.. when you say drawing hand do you mean not continuing post flop if you miss?

Thank you for responding.

You are playing in a game where extreme exploit play has the best ROI. That means big bets when we have it and no bets when we are marginal.

Post flop if our V are going to shove 1 pair on the flop we never c-bet if we missed.
When we play this player type we have to make hands and strong hands at that most of the time 2 pair + to win pots. So when we miss with AK we can fold it unless we have a read.
We do not have to fight over 9bb pots when our V are calling off in 50bb or + pots near dead.

That does not mean play scared to lose it just means pot control most often. This has value vs this player type because we can hit turn cards that will get us stacks at times.

Ex We have AK IP flop is QJ4 vs standard V we might bet 1bb as a blocker but if these V are then shoving with a Qx hand and we have to fold. So we check to see another card. Turn K we check again weird I know but how do we call if the V now shoves when we bet? River is a 4 they shove we fold. Y because it was a shove it is ok to be bluffed by a player who the very next hand will give you their stack. It is the players who are stingy with their chips that we have to build pots and use MDF calls etc to win not these Villains.

However if the river is a T the V might still shove and we risked nothing to win their stack.
We want to conserve our chips for the strong all-in spots. In order to do that we win less in the marginal spots.

In a game like this we are over folding most often -then pot controlling when we do play marginal hands and then getting stacks in when we know we are the favorites. not 60-40 favs but 70-30 or higher favs.

Hope this helps

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In this player format limped pots are a fist pump wooohooo for us. So we are being charged 1BB and our V are putting their stacks on the line with 1 pair post flop OMG juicy.

The important thing to remember is this is not poker it is Crackers and Coolers. That means 98% of our range is played as a limp to hit boards hard.
If you look at a GTO chart for 50bb stack BB calls vs BTN min those are the hands you can play from every position if you are strong post flop.

We just have to not reverse implied odds ourselves post flop. That is your study point for this game post flop play in multiway pots. Use Equilab to check your equity.

Hope this helps

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion and strategy would be different if I knew a bit more, such as, are you ready to rebuy unlimited for 1 hour, or are you more conservative and would only want to rebuy once or a few times. Is everyone passive limping? Are the reraises passive? rhetorical questions based on the academics of the game.

My assumption is, if you will rebuy at least once, then you should take a chance early to make some ground, with the right cards in the right spot. You will need to play a solid game, and stay out of most hands until it’s time to play the field.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting blinds.

information is relevant.

Thanks
The presence of a large number of weak players partially compensates for the variance, and it is possible that the ROI at a distance in such tournaments will be higher. But variance is not ROI at a distance, but chart stability, which is very dependent on AFS, because when you lose a coinflip, you don’t care if you play against a fish or a reg, and the more participants in the tournament, the more often you have to play coinflip. Of course, it is better to mix, focus on low AFS - this is useful for development + a more stable schedule, and add tournaments with medium / high AFS in the hope of a big drift.and the game is no different from regular tournaments, just play your A game

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
in mtt tournaments the best pricez are first three placez. so You need to win triple all ins minimum two times, ;p

youu need play LAG agreesive, hitting draws brodways, back doorss, bluffs, semi bluffs, nuts, enyway you cant even go to final table

Top 10 Games