Best hand you've folded pre flop?

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA e folded this hand many times and although the statistics say that I will win 80% and lose 20% I totally miss the opposite, and when I get this hand I see ugly

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Summing everyting mentioned above there is no single tactic wether to fold pocket monsters or not. Everything depends on a precise case. The only thing I've already discovered is that going all in with AA doesn't give you even 60% chances to win a pot, so that more cautious and slow play tactics is to be applied in such situation. Any further thoughts, guys?:confused:

Sincerely yours, mrpolyglott
from Russia with love!

P

phenixnoir01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best hand I had to open the ball is k 10.

I think it is not a hand not bad there is no need for more so here it is

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK, AK

I've done lots of folds with good hands.
AA, KK, AK.
When I go out with these cards I play All-In before opening the flop, because the risk of losing is as great as winning the hand, since if you do not turn any of them ... the loss is certain.

almaihotz

almaihotz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Facing big raise preflop i even folded AA if it was a satellite and my stack was good and didnt need to play anymore near bubble.But in a tournament if i just wanted reach in the money ak may be the hand i mucked preflop .:cool:

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you are close to the money or a big pay jump. You don't really want to take risk right now but you look down at a big hand. Some players move all in which would put you all in. You go back and forth whether to fold or go all in but you make the fold. What's the biggest hand you've ever folded pre flop? What was the reason for the fold? I've folded KK once and don't think I ever will again. I was on the money bubble and regretted it. I would have won against 2 all ins.
Ace high flush but possible beaten by one card straight flush.

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK, QQ in the post-stage I drop after the action with two or more players to hit the final table

I

Ihab El Mlafi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ AQ unsuited

AJ AQ are foldable preflop I also think that AK is overrated especially when I'm not in a strong position in terms of stack size

B

BukuDuckets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold KK preflop, but I have folded AQ off, rarely do I fold AQ suited though. I always fold AJ, in fact, I damn near never even play it unless action is folded to me and it's suited.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very often discard 8 8 9 9 5 5 and so on,sometimes dropping and and a And 10 when intuition suggests,sometimes dropping everything except the aces when the money there is very little

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday played, turninr was the situation I'm BB with AA and the flop is 567 shows a pattern in AA such flops ready for street ?

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend fold AA in early stage od live MTT... Thats crazy, but he is ultra recreational player (I don't want to call him a fish :p)

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Q ! When you do not have any where, you have to throw it away.

C

clayvision

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold QQ here and there, folded KK once, folding JJ pre isnt too uncommon either

J

jasonlh21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Hand

The best hand I have ever folded was quad j's
:mad:

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folded even AA if it's the beginning of _really_ cool tournament and some fishes mindlessly go all-in.

There is not enough info to know if this is a decent lay down. Isolated all in against one person (or most likely one person), folding AA is terrible. As more people are in for all-in, value obviously decreases. But to fold AA because it is a cool tournament is a terrible excuse. Much better to end up with double chips early in the tourney and then use that stack to make moves and chip up even more.

And the worst I have folded pre is QQ.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ and only because of the player that 4 bet me was a very tight passive player and only showed AA in this spot in the past.

H

HipHopotamus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded QQ tons of times preflop in my 17years of poker. I've also had my "spidey" senses go off with kings but can't lay it down PF.

E

EGOR77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the best cards that I threw off on the pre flop were AK, or 10.10. I threw them off because I was not sure I would win, but I could wait until the prizes without it.

J

Jazeapokergod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK about a half dozen times. AA once on a 6 way all in on the bubble in a freeroll... (yeh, an ace flopped). Two guys chopped a str8 sooo...lol

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker