Best freeroll strategy

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes start playing in an aggressive manner with only strong hands
the main thing is patience to wait for these hands while the blinds have not grown much
the main thing is not rushing to increase your stack using patience and discipline, and then when there is experience, understanding will come to you

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure how others play freeroll but for me, I play LAG in the beginning of a tournament to build my chips. At mid tournament or after break i then play TAG.. then if i ever reach the final table I play nit:D

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal in freerolls is to win prize money. So I always play very carefully and thoughtfully.

uros1991

uros1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well freerolls are hard to set strategy till late game,because in 70 % of them,there are kamikazi players who just enter to ruin the game ... After that you can follow table players and set you game right

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, at the beginning of any tournament, even a freeroll needs to be played more tightly. Although it seems that the stakes are not high and you can watch the flop more often. But this is a mistake. When playing a freeroll you don’t feel the value of money and at the very beginning of your career you make a lot of mistakes. You can play a freeroll for a fan, but it can end quickly and then it’s also not interesting. Therefore, I would play more tight at the beginning of the tournament and open more widely as depth.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Trying to play against a specific player in the early stage of a FR is generally pretty pointless, often they won't stick around long enough. Just play TAG poker with your strongest hands, you will almost always get paid by the calling stations.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
many use different strategies, as you say some hope to get lucky at the beginning and that's why they bet everything that way, others have more patience and expect them to calm down a bit, among other types of strategies, usually I try to play like any other tournament, that is: following my instinct, applying the little knowledge I have, and having a lot of patience

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often I read here and there - “I got up from freerolls”, “I gave my word not to invest my money and got up from freerolls” ... I wanted to feed myself on this good deed, but it’s bad - it's hard to get into the prizes. Kiloton fields and a small prize pool, as well as a relatively small number of people in the prizes, are all about them, about freerolls.

About two years ago, I rolled twice a day on RedStar. And for two months with hits in the prizes I filled as much !!!! 2.5 dollars. Then he doubled a couple of times in DONs, then again merged to 2.5) Fun. After receiving a no-deposit, he successfully filled in the PS at the FTP for a month and, too, began to indulge in frisches. The difference is that there were 3,000 people on Redstar and 250 in prizes. True prizes from 2 cents. And on FTP, the prizes (if I'm not mistaken) of half a dollar, but out of 7.5 kotels, there are only 45 in prizes. Well, estimate the percentage? All are well considered?

Just now, he rolled Rush Omaha. In two hours of the game I got as much as $ 2 in prize money. Better than nothing. However, if you take into account that for 2 hours at work I get $ 10 and on freelance - $ 20 - I would rather make a two-hour coven) Although the fact that according to the "dollars per hour" indicator the chips are even inferior to NL2 is no secret. And if so, why the hell do freerolls ever play?

For a bankroll. Despite the fact that the ratio of $ / hour in freerolls is very low, you can increase the bankroll like that. If you have a lot of free time - go ahead. I sometimes run into some kind of freeroll during work and catch monsters) Caught - push. Not really bothering with rivals and other crap - all the garbage stupidly dumped. IMHO, in such fields it is not worth it. Unless in the late stage, when the game begins more or less adequate. And before that - pure luck. Those who want to put on any2 - a dime a dozen. That is why almost always in freerolls the number of players is reduced by about half to a break. And those who push successfully several times in a row become chips. And they either continue to push and fly out (because the supply of luck is not endless), or they begin to play tighter and, possibly, get prizes.
Personally, I think so after all the recounts. Than to roll freeshes and collect for 1 dollar, is it not better to earn the same $ 50 for 5 hours on purpose for this business (by making a scaffold on typesetting - instead of 50 hours of freerolls) and make a deposit? There will also be a bonus.
Perhaps you should make a reservation about private freerolls - there will be fewer fields. But the prize, as a rule, too.

For training. Purely playing hands, collecting statistics - yes. To work out some kind of muv ... hardly. Because most opponents are fish fish and either do not know how to play at all, or do not know how to play at all. Of those who know how to play, some just relax and do whatever they like, the rest sit tight and wait for the first birds to fly.
Probably, observation of opponents can also be developed. But in the later stages, when people begin to turn their thinking at the very least, and when you do not so often jump from table to table. Naturally, Rush freerolls on FTP do not concern this) it’s generally difficult to observe anyone there. Nonetheless, those who need it will adapt.
You can also learn to write notes. Only you need to make a note that this note is made in the freeroll. Because it happens to have fun and let off steam in freerolls, players average and higher are registered. And then like this you will meet a man with a note at a normal table - and he does not play at all as it is written.

For relax. The goal is directly opposite to the previous one. And pretty good. Perhaps this goal in the freeroll is easier to achieve than the previous two. You sign up for free and do what you want. You let off steam and perform something that you would never be able to decide on in your usual game (cache, MTT or CIS). For a change. You can, of course, let off steam in the game for candy wrappers, and just a punching bag. But in a freeroll, if there is enough lacquer supply, you can also win) In principle, medium and high-limiters for such purposes are simply micro-limits. But there, after all, you still have to pay money. And here it’s free.

To kill time. Perhaps, freerolls do best for this purpose. Another thing is that for the best quality time killing you will have to play them in different rooms, because in each individual room they are not so frequent.

So is it worth playing freerolls? It depends on what purpose to pursue. Perhaps there are simpler options to achieve your goal.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing field in free tournaments
Regardless of the size of the prize pool in the freeroll, such an event gathers at its tables those who want to have fun, play for free, brighten up leisure time, work out or make money without risks. In other words, there are always many random players who do not play according to strategy. Such a field can be considered weak in comparison with monetary events, but it creates certain difficulties for those who know how to play and want to get to the prize zone:

Many tactics do not work - for example, it will be more difficult for you to knock your opponents out of bidding preflop in order to preserve the value of your pocket cards. High raises will often be compared by opponents. bluffing techniques that work when playing against analytic players will be completely useless.
Reading opponents is difficult - the range of hands played by many opponents you will not be able to determine, since they do not adhere to any spectrum and do not take into account the position. Some of them will enter the auction with random cards from any position, remaining completely unpredictable.
Many participants - often free tournaments attract thousands and even tens of thousands of users. This markedly enhances the role of chance and luck. There is a much greater likelihood that you may lose due to failure, and not due to tactical errors.
In view of the foregoing, a strategy should be formed, taking into account the features of the playing field and the conditions that it creates. It should also be taken into account that the playing field is gradually, but steadily, changing from the beginning of the event to its later levels. The fact is that loose players, even those who collected high stacks in the first stages, gradually drop out of the event, losing their chips. The proportion of experienced poker players who know how to play freerolls is increasing, and the number of loose ones is decreasing. Therefore, closer to the prize area and the final table, the playing field is leveled and turns out to be like a regular cash tournament. Opponents are becoming more difficult, but now you can use the usual strategy and the whole range of tactics.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play according to the situation,I think there's no strategy in freerolls,most people play on luck like you said,because no one loses anything and nothing makes,so that all risk play absolutely all the hands,of course at the final table, the game will already be more careful and there is already possible to apply a tight style!

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in with monster hands and pray
cheer a lot and have faith

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! As a rule, when playing freerolls, you can see many players who do not study the theory of poker and do a lot of actions not according to the chances of the bank. I think in order to win the freeroll, need to play on tag style.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to spend time if you want to get prizes.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best freeroll strategy is to go all in with good hand

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play good cards and patience patience and patience again

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play solid and take some necessary like a flip since you have nothing to lose and when you double up maybe you play a bit more dominant or tight/aggressive!

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In these freerolls I think it should be very timely, play with a lot of calm and patience, this type of tournament lends itself to play in any way possible, all in after all in, so you have to be very patient and know what the moment is Timely when betting

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to see the weak of the table and try to remove many chips so that when the tournament is more advanced you can display your full potential

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice to you is, fasten it, do not play freerolls, this will only worsen your game, develop better in poker, learn more information, watch how professional players play, you will get amazing experience and skill, and just play small buy-in.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not a perfect strategy, but I prefer play in position or premium hands at first stages. I use this first stages to understand how others players play.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not a perfect strategy, but I prefer play in position or premium hands at first stages. I use this first stages to understand how others players play.
this is probably the most correct direction in this
at the initial stage you can’t rush[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Honestly. I do not think playing free rolls should be considered part of the learning experience. The play is wild and there are no discerning patterns to study.

I genuinely think it better to learn poker with play money. If you wait several days you can build a bankroll on a site such as pokerstars. You can then play selective games such as Limit Hold'Em which are not as wild and absurd as other entry level games such as No limit or PLO.

That will provide a better intro into playing poker than free rolls which frankly can be ludicrous.

Once you have gained some experience your perspective on free rolls will be more enlightened. You'll understand the play is crazy and yes, you adapt along the way.

What you will not be doing is thinking that free rolls are in any way shape or form the way regular poker is played.