Best freeroll strategy

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being freeroll everyone goes all in, they don't mind losing, much more in this month of September than this wcoop, it seems that everyone plays luck there, at least at the beginning, when you put your dollar everything is different . Try to play with a dollar and you will see the difference.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the best strategy is to wait for a good hand early and maximize your chipstack early because there will be a lot of players pushing in the early levels. If you can get a nice chipstack early then have a good chance to build up chips by taking advantage of those who push all the way until registering ends.

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"All Inners"

I had just commented on another thread how I can't stand wreckless "All Inners"!!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the best strategy is to wait for a good hand early and maximize your chipstack early because there will be a lot of players pushing in the early levels. If you can get a nice chipstack early then have a good chance to build up chips by taking advantage of those who push all the way until registering ends.
reasonable strategy
the main thing is not to rush to create your own risk stack and begin to study opponents
entertainment lovers will come out quickly, but those who play wisely need to follow them and control the whole game

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy is to figure what type of opponents and type of strategy to use against them. Sometimes loose with mid pair or monster hands, etc....

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the freerolls you have to play for value, because players paying more, being a tournament without entry with real money, they lose nothing.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally I would play a very basic ABC poker strategy. Aggressively bet your good hands and make those passive calling stations pay to see their draws. They will get lucky and hit them sometimes, but you should do well enough.

Don't waste your time making fancy plays in a freeroll. Most players will have no idea what you are trying to make them believe.

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kind of difficult surviving in a freeroll,the game is wildly loose in the begining,cause no one has anything to lose,the blinds go up too often to allow you a tight play...you need to get lucky to survive..

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,dude! If honestly, the best advice relate by freeroll strategy: not to play in the freerolls!
So, more quickly grow up your skill. But, how always, next goes famous "but"...
If you is starting player, no bankroll, or want you grow up with "zero": try to play in that
freerolls, where less players... So, you can easier to hit in the prizes. Good Luck!;)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now the level of the game has grown a lot, players even use micro programs to collect statistics, even in freerolls there are less fish, it’s very difficult to play, although I would choose a tightly aggressive style of play

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, well, where to start, it all depends on the moment you play. At the beginning, during the first hands, you can dare to try the ground with dangerous moves, but a false step and the tournament is over for you. In the mid game you can go to the safe with the data you collected at the beginning, and in the late game, everyone advises to be sensible and skimp your chips.

M

M888AX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Style

I believe that in a long distance tight style will help move to the next level.
But you always need to look at your opponent’s playing style. So allin with air and allin with rockets looks the same.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best thing about free rolls is if you get knocked out you lose only your time. Use the experience to develop your game. If you make some $$, that's a bonus.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Playing with a strong hand the entire stack against the entire table is also luck.. Above already wrote about luck. A lot depends on it.

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it depends on prize pool. For instance $10 on demand freerolls on ACR arent really worth it being the top 10 only get the cash. Usually 700 people register in them. I play LAG in those and try to chip up early on (that means I get it in pre with AQ+ KQs 88+) but that's just me! Once I'm on a comfortable stack I start playing my normal game.
On the other hand, there are venom steps freerolls where top 50 get a ticket to step 2 and you keep climbing the ladder till you get the entry into the $6 million venom tournament. This freeroll is a little more sophisticated compared to on demand ones and you actually have a shot at winning a ticket. I tend to play these just like any other paid tournament but a little on the loose side.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The best poker strategy is winning the tournament. If he won, then the strategy of the game was correct. Tactical features of the winning strategy each winner has his own.

Y

yosif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yosif

Most freeroll participants are players who are new to poker or do not have enough experience in multi-table tournaments. Therefore, they are likely to make common and serious mistakes that you should take advantage of

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If it is a turbo freeroll and the blinds grow fast, you have to play more aggressively, however if it is a slow freeroll you can also adapt your game and play tighter, waiting for the opponent to make a mistake at the table. :saint:

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly. I do not think playing free rolls should be considered part of the learning experience. The play is wild and there are no discerning patterns to study.

I genuinely think it better to learn poker with play money. If you wait several days you can build a bankroll on a site such as PokerStars. You can then play selective games such as Limit Hold'Em which are not as wild and absurd as other entry level games such as No limit or PLO.

That will provide a better intro into playing poker than free rolls which frankly can be ludicrous.

Once you have gained some experience your perspective on free rolls will be more enlightened. You'll understand the play is crazy and yes, you adapt along the way.

What you will not be doing is thinking that free rolls are in any way shape or form the way regular poker is played.

DS3 is correct. Most freerolls are considered a bingo tournament. Some people shove the first hand and pray to quadruple up. Others lie in wait.

The freerolls that take more poker skill and less bingo are the ones with password protection. This way you know 100% that you're playing against a pure player with tendencies.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
TheDude6622

That is an excellent point. At least raise the difficulty/entry to access a freeroll which should ensure a better quality of player.

I hope I was clear about playing freerolls- as everyone else I am for playing them. I simply think playing them as a novice would give anyone the wrong idea about poker.

Playing even the lowest level of play money at pokerstars is the wild west. Which is why beginners, should have a little patience. If for example you register at PokerStars you can simply build a bank roll by checking in every so many hours at the cashier who will supply you more free chips. If you wait 24/48 hours without playing you can build a mini bankroll (never too early to manage any sort of bankroll). You can then enter cash games or tourneys and play in a more relaxed manner rather than getting a little panicky or dejected you have lost your first few free stacks.

I would play for several days at these stakes (once again prioritizing more sensible play such a limit holdem) find your feet and then venture into freerolls being fully aware you are in for a wild ride. Then as TheDude has noted, if you can raise the bar on entry to freerolls via passwords then the field should improve.

Last edited:
Mordecoke

Mordecoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a freerolls with agro type players, the best strategy is to play in position against these players. Don't be too tight against these players.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy for playing the freeroll tournament during the first stage of play all in with a pair 99+, and Aj +, open hands kj + raise from any position. In the next stage play tighter as playing any mtt money at the beginning of the tournament at normal and slow speeds. Before the bubble play to play hands k7 + A2 + aggressively during bubble play tight during the later stage when the wait will lose players who begin to play poorly when they come into money. After that, play a bit more cautious than before the bubble play. At the final table when you play the freeroll if the stack is big enough better to wait until the reduced number of players, and win a freeroll by playing aggressively.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. At the initial stage, play tight
2. Do not take defeat to heart
3. Play as many freerolls as possible
4. Do not try to bluff
5. Analyze your mistakes
After each tournament, analyze your game. Think about what you did wrong, and which move, on the contrary, was very successful and should you repeat it?

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Much depends on the freeroll in which you play. If 160-180 players participate in this freeroll, and 36 prizes, for example, then in such a tournament players will play more adequately and it is better to play calmly as in a tournament with a cash buy-in. And if 5,000 players take part in this tournament and 600 prizes for example, then you can try to play loose or aggressive, in order to earn a bigger stack, and take the highest possible place.