Best freeroll strategy

M

Mindflayer82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, I’m new to the site and a fairly new poker player. I was hoping to find out what is the best strategy for success while playing freerolls. I have noticed that at first, a lot of people play really loose and call with anything hoping to get lucky. Would the best strategy be to play tight and face off against one of these loose players with a strong hand? If anyone can give me a few pointers as well that would be great.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Different people play freerolls. If you watch the table, you can choose the best strategy against each opponent.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better to get against one early with the best hand and hope for the best. It's easier to keep those chips in freerolls than regular tourneys.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You already answered your own question. And play more relaxed.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tight and face off against one of these loose players with a strong hand? If anyone can give me a few pointers as well that would be great.

If you watch the table, you can choose the best strategy against each opponent.

these two together should do it. just don't get fancy till you been playing these awhile and know alot of the players styles. best of luck :D

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe to make a bankroll from freroll tournaments you has to be extremely lucky , this tournaments normally are turbo or super turbo that’s mean the blinds going up quick so you can be folding most of the time your hands you has to play aggressively Try to win whit the best hand and you don’t have the best hand cross fingers the made the best and win. Go on the tables

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For winning a freerol, you have to get good hands earlier. Other way you gonna lose.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no real strategy, it depends on the table, the players but being tight can be a good freeroll strategy

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, you have to play freerolls worth no attempt many bluffs, because being a free tournament players pay for more, and they donot care about losing.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep playing and pay attention, what works for others may not work for you. Learn by doing, Best advice if you are just starting, learn about position and follow it religiously until you think you know better, we all do hahahaha.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Best strategy in some freerolls is to join in the very last minute of late registration and then start ultimate timewasting in order to finish ITM :cool:
This usually works perfectly in 888 for example ;)

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other than something like the cardschat freeroll, which isnt really a freeroll if you think about the work you need to put in to get admitted to the csfr. other than that you need to just practice everything all decent players have, patience. keep in mind your position at the table and when you have a big hand just try and get teh chips in the middle early.

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best strategy in some freerolls is to join in the very last minute of late registration and then start ultimate timewasting in order to finish ITM :cool:
This usually works perfectly in 888 for example ;)
Risto have you actually done that and placed in the money?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Risto have you actually done that and placed in the money?

I did exactly that in lvl 30 today. Although sometimes this method doesn't work sadly ...
And in these daily lvl 5 tournaments usually just registration is enough to win min cash(i do that basically every day now and this month i've won 2-6 cents few times while sitting out entire tournament)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had the most success with shoving big pairs AA KK QQ and AK you will always get one or two callers early in the tournament. Hopefully you triple up and can play more standard after that being one of the larger stacks at the table.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best freeroll strategy is to always stay patient and only play with strong cards.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, I’m new to the site and a fairly new poker player. I was hoping to find out what is the best strategy for success while playing freerolls. I have noticed that at first, a lot of people play really loose and call with anything hoping to get lucky. Would the best strategy be to play tight and face off against one of these loose players with a strong hand? If anyone can give me a few pointers as well that would be great.

Good night! Yes it's true the problem that looses has many sorts is always end up giving bad beat it appears that the software always helps those who have more chips or who is more aggressive at the tables unfortunately :(

M

Mindflayer82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all so much, will try next time i play

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you'll get shovers at your table in every freeroll. wait for your spot and call. you'll win the majority of the time and you'll lose a small percentage with any 2 cards your opponent holds.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very true that you will almost always get callers with big hands in freeroll tournaments, particularly during the early rounds. The challenge is to get past the early rounds, so you can actually start playing some real poker, especially if you believe that you're a much better player than most of the field. To that end, I think the best strategy, especially in terms of time management, is to be very aggressive during the early blind periods and try to force the issue. If you lose, at least you're not going to invest anymore time, which is the real hidden cost of freeroll tournaments.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are the best option for those who want to learn and improve in poker. I believe you have a lot to learn in daily practice and practice.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to late register in most freerolls, hoping that those who went all in with gambling hands have busted already. I've already had aces cracked by 6-7 suited all in preflop. That way it's easier to put players on hand ranges.