**Awkwardly Assinine April Tournament Chat Thread**

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I had to move down after managing to lose money every day for 15 days and dropping ~$100 some days.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm most likely not gonna hit any of my goals this month. I've been playing mediocre and on top of that running terribad. Things have gotten so bad that I'm only barely over 100 SnGs this month (goal was 300). My volume is way down 'cause I just can't stay motivated when I'm running so bad. 25+ BI below EV through 100 games.....nice:mad: .

In addition to dropping down at the end of the month, I'll likely be moving back to DoNs where BS like this doesn't happen. Initially I did pretty well when I made the switch to regular SnGs. My ROI for the 1st couple of months was double my ROI for DoNs. Not anymore. Now it's actually below my ROI for DoNs.

No sense in staying with the regular format SnGs when I can actually make more at DoNs and play way more volume, too, since I can multi-table many more DoNs than regular format SnGs. I would like to say it's been a fun experiment with this format, but now this BS is just pissing me off to no end.

rileyl

rileyl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyday I'm shufflin', shufflin', shufflin.

Last edited:
duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm most likely not gonna hit any of my goals this month. I've been playing mediocre and on top of that running terribad. Things have gotten so bad that I'm only barely over 100 SnGs this month (goal was 300). My volume is way down 'cause I just can't stay motivated when I'm running so bad. 25+ BI below EV through 100 games.....nice:mad: .

In addition to dropping down at the end of the month, I'll likely be moving back to DoNs where BS like this doesn't happen. Initially I did pretty well when I made the switch to regular SnGs. My ROI for the 1st couple of months was double my ROI for DoNs. Not anymore. Now it's actually below my ROI for DoNs.

No sense in staying with the regular format SnGs when I can actually make more at DoNs and play way more volume, too, since I can multi-table many more DoNs than regular format SnGs. I would like to say it's been a fun experiment with this format, but now this BS is just pissing me off to no end.

go for the one that you enjoy more, i mean if you prefer DONs then fine but if you dont i suggest changing to something you prefer,
also dont keep track of your EV, i dont iv never looked at it it only tilts you if you are under or knocks your confidence if you are over.
all the talk of ROI likely means your sample sizes are insignificant.
frankly DONs and STT are the last thing id play,
MTTs,MTTsng, Cash HU,Cash FR,Cash 6m, HU sng, STT, DONs

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone MTTing on here or just sng?

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go for the one that you enjoy more, i mean if you prefer DONs then fine but if you dont i suggest changing to something you prefer,
also dont keep track of your EV, i dont iv never looked at it it only tilts you if you are under or knocks your confidence if you are over.
all the talk of ROI likely means your sample sizes are insignificant.
frankly DONs and STT are the last thing id play,
MTTs,MTTsng, Cash HU,Cash FR,Cash 6m, HU sng, STT, DONs

Well, DoNs mostly bore the crap out of me, but they're easy money and they fit my naturally nitty game. I actually prefer the STT format, but I'm just running unbelieveably bad so it gets depressing. I know, I know.... DON'T check EV, but I just can't help but take a peek after my 7th, 8th..whatever bad beat in a row.

As for preferences.... I like the MTT format a lot, but I have a couple of issues. Time is a real consideration. It's easier for me to set aside several separate 45min blocks of time throughout the day for a set of STTs than it is to set aside several hours at one stretch. I've also never been able to effectively multi-table MTTs since I have to stack my tables and you miss a lot of information that way, even with a HUD.

HU cash? No. Just no. Maybe if sites like PTR didn't turn it into a mass bum-hunting exercise. But, it also doesn't fit my naturally nitty game.

FR cash? This is where I came from after several years. Mostly just got tired of the cash format, I guess. Played a little 6-max, too. Ran decent at FR, about break-even at 6-max.

So, for me, I guess my list looks like: STT, DoN, MTT, FR cash, 6-max cash, HU cash. With the provision that I may be flipping STT/DoN around if things don't pick-up soon at STT.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont personally know you so i cant say,i just think if people play solely for the buzz there in the wrong frame of mind to make money,,you know that saying "its a hard way to make an easy living".ya well if your that effected by variance then you just wont make money.

Theres many reasons why people play poker/different player mentalities towards the game and imo there categorized into the following..

-The pure fun player
-The fun plus that bit of ego added in.
-The fun plus a little bit of spending money
-The semi-pro
-The pro

Each category is obviously getting stronger(if you want or any1 for that matter i can break down each category and how they approach the game) and is a general better player as we move down,and so looks at the game in a complete different manner.
I just thought you took it more seriously then what you do as you were looking into getting investment not so long ago.
I do take it serious. It doesn't mean I don't get a buzz when I'm up/down $100 in a short space of time.

R

rick laszlo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HAVE U PLAYED ANY888 POKER

I PISSED I GET DISCONECTED BUT MOSTLY AFTER I BET AFTER THE FLOP AND IM AHEAD FOR SURE, THIS EVER HAPPEN TO YOU

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I PISSED I GET DISCONECTED BUT MOSTLY AFTER I BET AFTER THE FLOP AND IM AHEAD FOR SURE, THIS EVER HAPPEN TO YOU
This has happened to me on pretty much every site I've played on at one time or another 'although' it's been a long, long time since it's happened.
This seems to be all-consuming for you though as this is the SAME thing you've posted now on 5 different threads. (don't ya think once was enough?).

I'd suggest investing in a better internet service provider. You live in canada right (eh), who's your internet provider? I go with shaw cable & never had any problems in the past 2yrs.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be more pissed at my lack of literacy skills if I was you tbh.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Rarely. Can't even remember the last time tbh, pre-BF for sure. If it's a constant issue for you, why do you continue to play without changing your ISP?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Headed out to Salamanca in the morning for their Hillside Poker Challenge $10K GTD Send me some Run-Good.

Attachments

• hillsideapril21.jpg
    hillsideapril21.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 79
O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a fun hand:
Nut low FTW!
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
Hero (BB) (t2020)
Button (t980)
Hero's M: 67.33
Preflop: Hero is BB with K
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif

Hero bets t60, Button calls t40
Flop: (t120) 6
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
, 2
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t80, Button raises to t180, Hero raises to t1960 (All-In), Button calls t740 (All-In)
Turn: (t1960) 3
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
River: (t1960) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: t1960

Seat 1: showed [Kd Js] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: showed [4d 3h] and won (1960) with a straight, Deuce to Six

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodness me. That's why we love tournaments, right?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
anyone MTTing on here or just sng?
I play MTT's (never SNG's anymore, but used to play a bit of MTT-SNG, 45's & 27's reg. speed).
I play ALOT of priv. stuff across many sites but will add in a handful of $5-$30 mtt's depending upon which sites I'm playing on at the time (typically only 3 to 4 sites at a time). Occassionally takin' shots at bigger buyins if sattied in for them or won them via some promo game.

Hoping to play a half-decent schedule tomorrow (sunday 22nd)... depends on how late I work tonight :(

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moved back to HU and it's finally took me out of my downswing. Also managed to win enough to be rolled to play $3.50's. Really unsure at whether I should start shot taking at $7's when I get to like $500 again because that's what set off the downswing (although the $3.50 6-max hypers did most of the damage).

Graph for year is pretty lolbad

TotalProfitByGamesPlayed

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cake is offering a FR on it's Facebook page with a 25K ticket for the winner.

Hope to see you there. :)

-

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers make me want to cry some days. Took someone down to 1 chip and lost the game. I bet 1 chip short of putting them AI because it amused me. How I've lived to ****ing regret that. Think I need a few months break before I end up tilting everything away.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers make me want to cry some days. Took someone down to 1 chip and lost the game. I bet 1 chip short of putting them AI because it amused me. How I've lived to ****ing regret that. Think I need a few months break before I end up tilting everything away.
Why not just give up on Hyper turbos? Maybe just play 6 max turbos instead?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not just give up on Hyper turbos? Maybe just play 6 max turbos instead?

Because I'm drawn to hypers for some reason. Don't think I want to go near 6-max in the near future after what happened last time at them.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea spewed a bit last night, it happens blue,

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals for this month:
1. Really really really try to stay away from Turbos
2. Continue to follow Jennifear's BRM system, and cash out $400

Well, as we cruise into the last Sunday of the month, I've fallen short of both goals:

I had to drop down a level, so started on the turbos again to try to make up the volume. Looks like I'll cash out just under $200. Considering taking a shot at a Sunday MTT with 1/4 of the cashout...

On a positive note, I did not stray at all from my chosen BRM strategy -- so I do have a shred of discipline :top:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Shaping up to be a decent last Sunday of the month (now if only it could start raining tonight... it's over 75F here).
Won a $109 ticket to iPoPs#1 ($200k guar.) today & going to use one of my Bodog100k tickets tomorrow too. Then there's that trip to Malta...

Attachments

• iPoPs#1 ticket.gif
    iPoPs#1 ticket.gif
    5 KB · Views: 37
  • bdog 100k ticket.gif
    bdog 100k ticket.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 37
  • OFC Malta app pie.gif
    OFC Malta app pie.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 38
O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Malta is nice. I went there last year. Won a package in a big overlay fishament.
Hope you win it.