**Awkwardly Assinine April Tournament Chat Thread**

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice PO, i took down a $33 10k for just shy of 2k to bring me out of a small downswing

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
nice PO, i took down a $33 10k for just shy of 2k to bring me out of a small downswing
Cool. You playin' the O.F.C. ApplePie tourney? (< yah I know.. pretty ridic. name for a pokersite).

Do you play on iPoker network at all? (almost $2K overlay in that iPoPs satellite I played in today).

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it me or does duggs just rake in the money?

seems like he makes 3 FT's a day, on a slow day.

maybe I'm in the wrong side of things..

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PO na i prob wont be playing, when is it? iv got mid terms all this week so prob will only get a sneaky friday session after one of them.

Campbell, Thing with tournaments is that I only post when i win and yuo dont get posts saying, busted 8 tourneys today, all super standard flips/ran into monsters. But its not that diff from cash imo, just a different dynamic. At the end of the day its still just adjusting your ranges to exploit others play without being exploited.

I really dont understand why people are sure you cant play both. (obv not at same time tho)

tbh i think im just a breakeven player that is borderline spewy agg when deep and that results in me either busting or getting a decent score. def just on the right side of variance although i am trying to improve.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone going to be playing scoop events,
and is it possible to play the small and midstakes version of the same tourney?

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see why you couldn't -- they are separate tournaments, right? I don't think I'll be rolled for SCOOP.

Took my monthly shot this morning in the Bigger $33 -- went out at the bubble w JJ vs AQ (river Q of course) but so barely squeaked ITM! Yay!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the 10k an hour before is a better bet for that buy in if your shot taking, as its got a smaller/softer field imo. and a decent prize pool.

yea bubble beats suck
especially when i actually have it for once and they get it in perfectly legit.
JJ v J8hh on J65hh board. super standard hand to get it in with given history from him but sucks when i have a big stack and had a chance to make a dominant run. got it in like 80bb deep in a 4bet pot when he 4bet jammed flop.

generally id much rather bubble than not accumulate chips during bubble tho

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also how conservative with you brm are you?
i generally only go off my abi so im technically underrolled for certain tourneys, with my spread of buy ins weighted towards smaller/middle lower end of my buyin spectrum.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting up for 6am here was pushing it enough -- an hour earlier and I'd be a total zombie today :)

I'm pretty conservative with BRM. There is a link to the system I use in the first post of this thread. I don't use ABI anymore -- I'm either rolled or not. I find it's easier for me to follow that way.

I rewarded myself for sticking with it this month by taking the shot with <25% of my months cashout. Figure I'll do that on the last Sunday of the month -- which unfortunately doesn't work for SCOOP, but I can live with that :)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally got a good score last night with 4th in the $11 $10k gtd. It's been a while. Have had a good month, getting some decent volume in. Gonna have to put in a few decent sessions to make SilverStar but I'll get there. I'll be playing a few SCOOP low and the low ME. I've been sitting on a $109 ticket I won over a year ago in a CC promotion and think it's about time I used it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Got less than 3hrs. sleep last night... falling asleep at my desk already :(
Might skip the Bodog100k today.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cool. You playin' the O.F.C. ApplePie tourney? (< yah I know.. pretty ridic. name for a pokersite).

PO na i prob wont be playing, when is it?
It is today at 15:00(est) ... 1hr.13mins. from now. Make min. deposit & you get $10 back in your account (from playing a $5 buyin MTT). There's also $1,000added to the prizepool & 1st place wins a Trip to Malta (less than 100entrants so far!!!).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Decided to open a few more sites, play a few more games (needed something to wake me up a bit) - - playin' on Titan, partypoker, Bwin, ApplePie, Carbon, & of course > 'ApplePie' (< wtf?)
Startin' off ok in iPoPs#1, just flopped quads OOP, villain bet flop & turn but fold when I lead out on river. :( Not a very big pot but still kinda fun when you flop quads & villain's betting into ya

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'fess-up.....

C,mon.... who else didn't make their goals for the month. I didn't even come close. I suck.

[ ] 300 ST SnG's (non-turbo) Fail. 230-240 depending on how busy I am today.
[ ] Profit (Something....anything.... Been barely above break-even the last 2 months) Fail. Huge fail. Down $55 for the month, down $85 in SnGs.
[ ] Figure-out how to make HM1 accurately track my tournaments, or, failing that switch to PT3. Fail. Apparently neither can track/report Bounty format accurately.... so, if I'm being generous, I guess this one isn't my fault.
[ ] Get and read the Moshman book on SnG's (can't remember the title right now, but it's the one everyone recommends). Fail. Really no excuse on this one except laziness. Located it on Amazon. Seems good, but may not apply too much to Bounty format SnGs since with 50% of the prize-pool allocated to bounties it changes things quite a bit.

So, those are my massive goals for this month. Hey, I'm startin' small.

Apparently, not small enough. I suck. Didn't hit my volume goal 'cause I got discouraged mid-month with how bad I was running. Toward the end of the month I figured WTF, I'll just play through this stretch of runbad. Ummmm....No. Currently at 220 SnGs, 40BI below EV. Lovely.

Things get compounded in the Bounty format since when you runbad you not only lose EV, but you are also losing out on a ton of potential bounties. Just makes things worse. I actually finished ITM 35% of the time. Still managed to lose $85 on just 220 games of $2.20 bounty tournaments. It's actually easy to finish ITM and actually lose money on these things if you don't pick-up a bounty or two along the way.

My issues were compounded with making it ITM, but not taking first nearly enough. With this format there is a large payout difference between 1st and 2nd based on acquiring that extra bounty plus having your bounty returned to you if you win. So that is a $2 swing right there in a $2.20 SnG if you fail to take first too often when you are HU. Normally I run/play pretty well HU, but not this month. Some of it was spew, honestly, as I let my runbad affect my play a little too much in a few SnGs.

**sigh** LOTS to work on next month. Either that or..... Go back to cash where I never had even a single losing month in over 3 years of play. Wish I still had an interest in cash format, but these %$#!!87-*&^%#@((* SnGs have got me addicted.....

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt make my goal to play 300 $3.50 SNGs only played 230 as I decided to put in some decent volume at 5nl.

I did make Silverstar status though and also made some nice profit too :)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Apr. 29 19.54.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Apr. 29 19.54.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 25
B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt make my goal to play 300 $3.50 SNGs only played 230 as I decided to put in some decent volume at 5nl.

I did make Silverstar status though and also made some nice profit too :)

I'll say.... 230 SnGs, about $1 profit per...... I hate you:p ....LOL. Congrats on the nice month.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll say.... 230 SnGs, about $1 profit per...... I hate you:p ....LOL. Congrats on the nice month.

Lol thanks, I havent had too many months since i started poker where I could say that I've had good profit. It is almost exactly $1 per game. 230 games $231 profit :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Still in the iPOPS#1 > 320/423 (bubble is 288).
Still in PokerFest#25 too. (only ~20bb's in that one too)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
structure in this blows. There's like 70 players with <10bb's

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sigh..
down to 12bb's (but TONS of SS's).. Btn with <8bb's 'minraise' soooo transparent/obv monster.. I'm in BB w KQss.. best I've seen in eons.. I'm ai.. he had KK of course, lol

& w 3bb's left.. a SS utg w <9bb's 'LIMPS' (< wtf? not again?!?!).. I have 66 in eMP.. I shove.. BB allin. UTG calls. Up vs BB's 72o & UTG's KJo.. 66 holds.. I'm still in it, lol (min. cash?)

... blinds just went up again.. :(

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice triple up there PO. Good luck.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sigh. just lost a flip on the bubble > 290th LOL

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
been a reasonable month, PT3 is spazzing out whenever i enter satellites, but i think had my first 3k month and got alright volume in at roi 60% over 174 tourneys. lol sample size i know but still think i played quite well in patches (although bad in other parts too)

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had such a great month half way through.
Then variance + bad play hit.

Thinking of getting one of those PT3 thingys. probably should have 3 years ago.