**Awkwardly Assinine April Tournament Chat Thread**

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given his stack i like the shove ,,,i guess he could of 2.5x your cbet but ehhhh.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scoop satellites started today!
Means I can be more choosy with what tourneys I play.
Already won a ticket to one of them!

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going to try to play a few of those games as well, im going to start playing the satellites tomorrow

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposited $50 and got my free ticket to sunday storm. 150K (will be more by the time it starts) would be such a sick win. Defo wouldn't have to go college on monday.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get the point in satellites? Why not just play your regular games and BI like normal?

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because you can get into higher buyin tournaments by spending less money

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get the point in satellites? Why not just play your regular games and BI like normal?

Aside from shot-taking there is the added value of T$ and building a BR that way. I know of people who have grinded sattys and steps purely for this reason.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought a lot of yall"donkament" players played sat's to grind tourny $$$.Because of the weaker fields etc.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought a lot of yall"donkament" players played sat's to grind tourny $$$.Because of the weaker fields etc.

I still do that sometimes, but i'm dreaming of getting lucky and getting a big score lol

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The satelites on Full Tilt were the softest. I have tried some on PS but haven't been able to crush them like I could the sats to the 50/50 on FT. Anyone got any PS sats they'd recommend?

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to grind the triple shootout satty's to the Sunday Mil a lot way back in the day. I could usually get 6 or 7 tickets throughout the course of the week yielding a good profit. I think they were $11 TSO's.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aside from shot-taking there is the added value of T$ and building a BR that way. I know of people who have grinded sattys and steps purely for this reason.

Yea I get grinding them for T$ but I don't get grinding them for entries. Say If my usually stakes were $10 and I wasn't rolled for Sunday mill I may as well jsut play a $50 game as a shot take to try and win enough to get a ticket than a satty, which is what some people seem to do. Bar exceptionally soft fields it's pointless (and most of the sattys I've played people actually play better than in the actual SnGs)

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, loved the FTP sat's. Much better structure I think.

Satellites are usually quicker than tourneys. And has lower variance than big MTT's.

Like someone said above, helps you play bigger games.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managed to have another losing day as well. Cashed in 44% of games and actually managed to be down for the day. Quite an accomplishment lol.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managed to have another losing day as well. Cashed in 44% of games and actually managed to be down for the day. Quite an accomplishment lol.

Are hyper-turbos really profitable in the long run? I dont know much about this type of game.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are hyper-turbos really profitable in the long run? I dont know much about this type of game.

Yea they are. People still make profits pre-rakeback at higher stakes where villians are going to be tougher.

Graph of one of most winning regs at micros (no idea why he isn't moving up or why he just seems to be able to dodge variance).

TotalProfitByGamesPlayed

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a nice graph. I have thought about playing these games, but I want to try to perfect my turbo game first.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I don't think they are all HT but certainly a lot of them are. If you do decide to play them feel free to hit me up if you want talk strat/swap HH or w/e.

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will do, if I play them im sure I would make a lot of basic mistakes due to the different blind structure/stack sizes. I might give them a shot sometime soon just to see what they are like

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea you will probably make a lot of mistakes, I've played close to 1000 of them and I'm still not sure what to do in a lot of spots at early blind levels. Doesn't help that I broke PT3 so I can't even analyse data atm. A few at the top of the SS leader board that I've played still make some mistakes imo.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regarding satties, people dont play them optimally on the bubble, so they spew off equity to you, plus you can fill up tables if your into a session with them as they dont run for that long and are relatively straight forward

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, after finally depleting my tiny bankroll, I made the decision to make a more sizable deposit that could withstand a bit more variance. Had $200 dollars in my account at the start of last night, then placed 2nd in a $2.20 Badugi Freezeout with about 60 people (I love the game but don't consider myself to be very good) to grab $24, then first in a $2.20 bounty tournament to snag $78, plus $10 worth of bounties. I definitely got a little lucky in some spots, but I played well pretty much throughout.

I'm sure these seem like tiny cashes to most people, but for me this is huge, especially since I had been on a bit of a downswing. :D I do feel a little silly about depositing now, since I deposited $200 then made $100.... As if just having those $4.40 in buy-ins could have led me to the same spot, but there's definitely a case to be made for not being scared money!! :p

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea they are. People still make profits pre-rakeback at higher stakes where villians are going to be tougher.

Graph of one of most winning regs at micros (no idea why he isn't moving up or why he just seems to be able to dodge variance).

TotalProfitByGamesPlayed

Most of the time these types of players have tried to move up, but are not capable of adjusting to differant ranges and playing types. They have basically worked out a close to optimal strategy for beating the really low limit games, but have no confidence to beat higher. It's pretty easy to dodge variance at the super small limit games because there are just so many bad players.

You just wait until you move up, the swings are brutal.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah, loved the FTP sat's. Much better structure I think.
agreed. I knew of a few players who strictly played sattys & did really well (I think one guy only played bridge?)
Satellites are usually quicker than tourneys. And has lower variance than big MTT's.
this ^
Like someone said above, helps you play bigger games.
& this ^
If I'm planning on playing MTT's on a Sunday, I'll typically play a $6 super satellite to that $30 70seat guar. on iPoker (decent structure in them too.. for satties ie. 3,000chip 10mins.)
I thought so too
regarding satties, people dont play them optimally on the bubble, < or during mid/(& lat'ish') stages, often see a few players trying to accumulate chips like it's a regular tourney, spewing off big stacks.. playin' it like there's a chance to win 2 tickets/entries or somethin' so they spew off equity to you, plus you can fill up tables if your into a session with them as they dont run for that long and are relatively straight forward
basically cuz they're +ev (don't really know this for sure though... cuz I've only played ~500 of them... & don't know my 'true roi' but have found them to be profitable. Maybe I was just on a heater though? (< it's hard for me to tell if I'm actually better than the donks on my table)

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wizzim went through some of my HH and gave me some tips, looks like I've been tightening up too much in some spots. Felt like I was playing better today but still finished down. Nearly gone half the month without even having a profitable day lol, how depressing.