Can anyone fold a straight flush 9 to K?

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what is your position on the table,generally I call

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Point well taken guys. Just plain calling his reraise in the river is the best move here. Its just that greed has taken over logical reasoning, thats why i never considered him having the royal flush.

what were you thinking he had? (especially given the action)
I mean aren't you always at the very minimum thinking about what your opponent has? Nevermind thinking what they're thinking you have.... or thinking about what they're thinking you're thinking they have. Real poker often involves thinking a few levels deep.... except if we're playiing vs. other bad players then it's often best to be only thinking one level beyond them (but this is always higher than level 1 thinking... ie. level 1 = "I gots Top Pair!")

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It PS. I am not surprised. What position did you had? May be you should fold this hand preflop. And because you got a cooler not in your favor

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have folded such a hand. The probability of this situation is very, very low.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
no, i will never fold hand like this one.
..... hm, maybe on the late stage of some big mtt, or on the bubble... :D no, im all in, and let my 9d win against opp straight.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Had you stopped and asked yourself why your opponent kept raising your bet on the river I think you could have probably saved some chips on this hand.

Especially if you consider that they just called the turn to 'slowplay'... I wouldn't have folded but I wouldn't have kept raising until I was all-in either.

Good luck to you! :D
This ^^^^
K9os?
Had you folded the hand preflop, you wouldn't have put yourself in that situation.
And this ^^^^
Here comes the rigid TAG preaching their way is the only way.
He isn't wrong.
Rigid?, That is the only way my wife will take it.;)
Ask him for his cash grinding graphs.

😂😂😂😂

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold when I have straight flush because there is more change to win with straight flush then lose with same hand because situcations like that are very rare.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no reason to keep raising on the river. Any hand with ace of diamonds in it beats you, so you should just call on the river.

I agree with this, your hand is super strong but can still be beaten. What do you think your opponent may have after re raise you, bluff??:D

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this, your hand is super strong but can still be beaten. What do you think your opponent may have after re raise you, bluff??
I would never fold when I have straight flush because there is more change to win with straight flush then lose with same hand because situcations like that are very rare.

M

markrh13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a similar situation in a cash game once. I tanked for a long time, as one of the only hands that made sense to have was the A of that suit. It was the river that completed both straight flushes though, but it also paired the board so I hoping for an overplayed full house or maybe even quads.
If the board hadn't paired I may have found a fold, as nothing but the A made sense when opponent raised the river.

Sent from my SM-G903F using CardsChat mobile app

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played that similar hand the same way one time. I had the low end of the str flush like you did. I kept re-raising and so did the other player. After I was so happy to get all of my chips in, I lost.
Next time I had the similar situation, I called his re-raise on the river and was happy that I didn't lose as much as I could have.
Hard to give up a str flush, but it was easier to not get all of my chips in. You figure that the odds of us getting our str flush was high, the odds of someone having one higher? Have to be way above that. lol

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is like that, sometimes you find plays that you can not even imagine, the risk you assumed was great, a pity that you found that A, do not feel bad you did what every poker player would do ...

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given how the board was i would not have folded but I would not have kept raising either. Then again that is while stating so while not in a game and not dealing with visions of doubling my stack lol

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would have done the same, sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you aren't. Maybe you should get aware when somebody is calling every hand you are playing and you are playing deep.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By developing the game was suspected of the Ad, but in the heat of emotion maybe we do not think about it. And this is one aspect to improve.

jomaaan

jomaaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation having a straight flush doesnt add any more value. Full house or quads is impossible to have so its just about who has the highest flush.

Ask yourself: if I have the second best flush, would my opponent be playing a worse flush this way?

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never fold that. only online would you get beat with a hand like that

zviko

zviko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never folding!!!! if i lose i lose lol!

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should fold Aces pair, K pair, Q pair. More never in the galaxy should I fold a Straight Flush. I'm proud to lose with such a game. It looks like a movie scene.

Shuler21

Shuler21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never fold this hand . This is nuts )

M

McSchwifty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a novice player, I see this as my worst leak. Not folding the second best hand. I agree with folks saying a call on the river was a better move but hindsight is 20/20. You mentioned you considered the villain had the ace, somtimes you gotta listen to what the chips are saying. A raise on the flop could be a bluff but if v keeps barreling they probably have something. Perhaps, you could have reraised v on the flop, repping 3oak and they might have folded their 4 flush with Ad. Big hypothetical, although, if v called the reraise and fired agian on the turn it would be a little more obvious they had the nuts.

Last edited:
M

McSchwifty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh oops I got that wrong. You said you bet on every turn to the river. Yeah, everyone else is right. Should have called the river.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no way I'd ever fold a straight flush - not happening, period.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's quite difficult considering that more often the aponent has nothing and he will just bluff, I would not have folded until I lost the straight flush throw I could not)))

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker