Any tips on how to win a freeroll?

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not call all in against players with bankrolles that are several times bigger than yours, so players are constantly made all in, because they know that the poker room program is built in such a way that as soon as possible to reduce the number of players. Yesterday I call such a player with AA iin his hand was K 9 on the table were the following cards K 9 2 10 9, this is certainly impossible in live poker

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is probably the best approach.

Just go all in as well, and if you bust just hop in the next one. It's free anyways.

This way you'll have a lead on the rest of the table and can push around when you get the good hands.

L

lowscore23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight always helps but I go deep in a freeroll and still get donkeyed

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, but i notice its harder to win those, then when i play for real money. How do i beat the people that go all in with every hand?

you wait until they stop going all in. Also you need patience to play your hand and play a very good one. Takes practice and patience.

L

lowscore23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll luck

There is no strategy to winning a freeroll If you are lucky enough to win the races you may finish well

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i won the first time the CC free roll , i play tight on start of tournament and mid aggressive on the midle when i was on final table with 9 players i play aggressive to attack the leader table , for this i won. the lead of table was more aggressive , but i was more thant he.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you played any Cardschat freerolls yet? Very nice tourns. smaller fields and better players . Jusr won my first on Sun. on ACR .

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play 1000s of free-rolls then you'll win one just by chance. play tight....you lose, play loose...you lose. just play and learn but dont take it too seriously. i only win 3% of free-roll. my cash tournament is 30%.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you need to get really lucky,in ealy stages you should go all in wider then normal,if you get lucky there try to use your big stack to get even more chips

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most freerolls are like walking into an alternate universe where the laws of physics don't apply. What you think is up, will most certainly be down.

From what I have read in this thread so far, there are two main philosophies being thrown about. One is playing "tight is right" during the early rounds, and the other is throw caution to the wind since it is a freeroll. Get your chips quick, and if you bust, move on to the next one.

I am in the mindset of playing tight. I avoid even trying to limp in from any position with any of the non-top ten hands. I avoid raising with a power hand from early positions, because I know the fish are going to come out to play. Guard your stack like it was gold, and resist the shove unless you are guaranteed only one or two other players may possibly push with you.

Another thing to watch out for are tournies with late registration. Even after the fourth round, you have a whole slew of other threats coming at you. I would treat them as being short-stacked and possibly dangerous.

During the middle stages, you can loosen up a bit. Be a little more aggressive, but conservative at the same time. Avoid bluffing, unless you have a large enough stack to bully your way through it. The best time to bluff the hell out of them is during the bubble. Folks have come a long way to get to this point and are craving some type of payment for their efforts.

The above is about the normal NL freeroll tournies with 10-minute blinds, Holdem, Omaha (rare to find), etc. Turbos and Super turbos are another strategy altogether. And one freeroll tournament I refuse to even register in are the fixed limit type. Don't get me ranting about them.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play in the initial stage is very tight. Even with the monsters do not go all-in, if you have already 3-4 all-in. I'm assuming that the rooms are configured to receive more rake on the tables, so in one hand there can be AA QQ KK JJ. More bank - more rake for the room in cash games. In tournaments, cards are distributed the same way) Therefore, do not go into such hands.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In any friroll there is a great number of players who will go in oll-in with many hands at once. These companions will also become for you the main source of counters in an initial stage of a tournament. Sometimes such players thanks to good luck manage to make to themselves a huge stack, winning oll-ina with marginal hands. At you can the temptation will appear to begin to play in the same style. But you remember that in poker the one who makes the correct decisions at a distance wins, and players of similar styles live bright, but short tournament life.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play in the initial stage is very tight. Even with the monsters do not go all-in, if you have already 3-4 all-in. I'm assuming that the rooms are configured to receive more rake on the tables, so in one hand there can be AA QQ KK JJ. More bank - more rake for the room in cash games. In tournaments, cards are distributed the same way) Therefore, do not go into such hands.

You,my friend, were playing the FRC game last wednesday, with only 30 posts and not being in the FRC, which makes you a password thieve and with that were making against your fellow CC members.
Therefor you better not go in any hands at all.

Poker Tips