Any tips on how to win a freeroll?

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed

freerolls are minefields to navigate through. You will have to get lucky alteast a couple times to win as players will put you all in constantly with junk and may suckout on you.

Yes, exactly my point. Very frustrating. But thanks for your answer :)

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will!

The big number freerolls are depressing.
Study hard and learn as much about poker as you can.
Make as many quality posts on this as possible, join the League and the Freeroll Club when you qualify, and you will find freerolls much more enjoyable:)

I will do that, hope to join the league and freeroll club soon :)

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm afraid just like any other tournament, it can even be a little more difficult because there are a lot of inadequacies in freerolls that are exposed to each hand while they are not beaten out of the tournament ... in one word, play it right and you will win.

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
avoid involving in pot with marginal hands..or tight and tight

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is the place where 57o win from KK + going to all in

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, only play with monster hands such as AA KK QQ JJ 1010 AK AQ and after the bubble burst, you have to stop playing with only these hands and start playing with hands with less gaming power.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
That is exactly what i do, but even with AA or KK or AK i lose against the noobs. It's what you said, bingoplayers. Why play poker if you can't be a little bit serious. What's the point of going all in with a bad hand preflop. Oh well, i don't think i will ever understand such people :D

I know how difficult they are, but it's better to get it all-in with such a holding than wait for hours to be knocked right on the bubble;)

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, but i notice its harder to win those, then when i play for real money. How do i beat the people that go all in with every hand?
Wait good top pair and answer !
bigslickhjerter1.jpg

andrew0211

andrew0211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super tight and agresive with nuts

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In the very early levels try to play as tight as you can. Observe your opponents tendencies!! The first 3 to 4 levels are the ultimate donkfest levels. Non stop all ins with no reason and some times with any two cards. Avoid as much as you can to battle against those type of players. Personally I muck even some monsters because I don't want to eliminate from a flip. I am a post flop lover!

After those levels maybe you can play some poker, depends on the players who still run the freeroll. Try to open your high equity hands and try to play as much as you can in position and play abc poker. No need for fancy plays and no need for bluffs because it is a freeroll!! And again at these levels observe what some players tend to do. Some of those apply over and over again some specific patterns ie. bet/check/shove or check/check/bet , you got my point! Try to catch them red handed.

I believe those two are the most important rules! By gaining experience you will understand more by yourself.

Cheers :)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, but i notice its harder to win those, then when i play for real money. How do i beat the people that go all in with every hand?

There isn't much strategy that goes into freerolls since players are more looser and aggressive.

Your best strategy is to wait for a high pocket pair, an AK or AQ to defend an all-in or in the big blind if nobody goes all-in, check and hope to flop a monster to catch them off guard.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As your opponents become looser, you become tighter, as they become tighter you become looser. Good thing about freerolls is they are free which allows you to try out a bunch of different strategies with only the risk of your time.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The first few levels are like walking through a minefield and it should be avoided unless you have a big pocket pair or Ak. Once you get into later levels you can open up your opening range and 3bet range. Do not be afraid to steal some blinds to help keep your stack healthy and in good shape.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play only in good starting hands. Make big raises and big bets more than in a normal game.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Play them as much as possible ! Good luck !
5e5c99bd47d58bd7113d8f9f2878c0df.jpg

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's simple. You need to wait for a good card and throw it in Allin too. If the opponent throws each hand into an allin, then he does not have a very good card. If you sit and are afraid to play then you will be left without chips.

B

barefootbear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

the last few days I've been doing a lot of bluffing when we get to the higher blinds and a lot of reraising has been working in my favor for example when the blinds are 1500/3000 and its just me and someone else in the pot when they've bet out the minimum 3000 I noticed its a good chance there just taking a stab at the pot so ive been picking up a lot of pots re raising them

stealing the pots when the game gets to the high big blinds keep you in the mix when they get that high a lot of people play tight and wait for primo hands to try and double up with I've even messed up a couple times and made a bad bluff or two than have to 3 bet a big bluff to win the pot I showed my cards a couple times with as bad as 4 high for a huge pot lol it upsets people but then they think I always bluff and when I do get a good hand and make a bet like I don/t want them to call they call

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight.. dont bluff.. eat well.. give love.. respect people.. forgive your enemy.. read book.. watching movie.. drink beer.. women first.. be a hero.. sports.. smile to every people you meet.. sing a lot.. stop hating justin bieber.. all in..

A

acpas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of freeroll players are not interested to play serious poker. be patience and wait till most these players are out of the game.

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight.. dont bluff.. eat well.. give love.. respect people.. forgive your enemy.. read book.. watching movie.. drink beer.. women first.. be a hero.. sports.. smile to every people you meet.. sing a lot.. stop hating justin bieber.. all in..

hahaha Love your answer. I am a woman tho, so women first? Not gonna work for me ;) Stop hating Justin Bieber is pretty hard. :(

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play super tight with best starter hands at the beginning of the tournament.
Do not bluff.
In the middle phase try to play your normal game cause many of the careless people tend to not go that forward.
Luck plays a huge role as well. Some people even go all in pre flop with 7,2 and win.

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the very early levels try to play as tight as you can. Observe your opponents tendencies!! The first 3 to 4 levels are the ultimate donkfest levels. Non stop all ins with no reason and some times with any two cards. Avoid as much as you can to battle against those type of players. Personally I muck even some monsters because I don't want to eliminate from a flip. I am a post flop lover!

After those levels maybe you can play some poker, depends on the players who still run the freeroll. Try to open your high equity hands and try to play as much as you can in position and play abc poker. No need for fancy plays and no need for bluffs because it is a freeroll!! And again at these levels observe what some players tend to do. Some of those apply over and over again some specific patterns ie. bet/check/shove or check/check/bet , you got my point! Try to catch them red handed.

I believe those two are the most important rules! By gaining experience you will understand more by yourself.

Cheers :)

I try to do that, however its very tempting to play monster hands. I observe every player :) I think patience is something i need to learn, and stay calm and not get angry and frustrated when i see donkeys go all in preflop with weak hands and still win. I know they won't get far when they keep doing that but still... Thanks!

C

crazyjess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play super tight with best starter hands at the beginning of the tournament.
Do not bluff.
In the middle phase try to play your normal game cause many of the careless people tend to not go that forward.
Luck plays a huge role as well. Some people even go all in pre flop with 7,2 and win.

Yes, that's my point. But in freerolls they keep doing that, even in level 4 or 5. When they have won a few weak hands, they think they can win it all. And i hate it when they do, haha

A

amemex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do i beat the people that go all in with every hand?

--I've won a few freerolls on ACR, and I've done so using two strategies, the latter being the most effective.

1. Sit out first few hands (unless I receive top 5 hands) and see what people are shoving w/. If a loose player wins the shove, I tend to call their next few shoves if I'm dealt a mid-high pair/ or top 5 hands. You've got to be lucky to win freerolls, so sometimes I like to use my luck in the beginning stages when calling shoves. I am usually never the first to shove.

2. Late-Registration entry. This strategy has won me more freerolls than the former. I purposely late regi. towards the later levels because at this point, most of the shovers are either eliminated or have a large enough stack size to begin playing "correctly". The dynamic is different and allows me to play tight while still being able to play more hands without entirely worrying about shoves left and right. Sure you'll be below stack average, but having a shorter stack than the rest in the early-mid stages puts you in better position to shove if need be.

T

Trey Cole

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play real tight at first for sure. A lotta donks will call anything early

Watch of for the players who constantly shove every hand

U gotta get that early double up and then play good poker

The key is consistency

Avoid the donks early on

Last edited by a moderator: