Any tips on how to win a freeroll?

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we start a business, as a rule, we have a great desire to achieve something, there is energy and motivation. But the achievement of the goal is not a sprint, but a marathon, and it takes a long time to keep oneself in an enthusiastic state.
Real success is almost always a long way.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice Jedi

Practice trusting your gut instincts, especially when you are feeling the happiest or most confident.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend, if I know how, he thinks I'll always win. :) But for now everything I have to do ... is to play.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are a bit if a crap shoot. This draw many inexperienced players to the table which is a good thing for poker (hopefully they deposit...those are out fish) but not so good for the freeroll as they tend to push with air.

I sit back and only play the top 12% hands for the first hour or so and then play them aggressively. I also show my cards when I crush it...yes yes that's not good poker BUT it messes with the minds of the the other players (and it is a freeroll after all). Later when you play a weak hand they tend to show a bit of respect and get of their weak hands.

Don't be shy to get it all in if you have the best hand.Yes sometimes you lose but it cost you nothing. sit back and wait for the next one.

C

cruisinman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight for the first few rounds - let the aggressive donks - donk out . . .

O

otaktay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, there are a lot of Bingo players, as I like to call them. You just have to be patient and play tight aggressive until all the Bingo players have been weeded out. Wait for your opportunities to flip against someone on a small chip stack. When you are in late position and someone on a small chip stack pushes, it is a good opportunity to flip against them with hands like AX or KX, even small suited connectors will win ~35% of the time, so if you are okay gambling a little, it can pay off big time. You have to play aggressive to get to the final table, but you have to choose your spots carefully. Hope that helps.

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't think you need to study, well good luck with that. That statement already gives me clues about your ability, your age, your arrogance, you over-confidence, your open-range, and a bunch of other mathematical and psychological weaknesses you probably have. If I ever found myself in a game with you, I've already adjusted to maximize my ev against you. The free-roll players that make it to the end are often not the bingo players. They will pick off the bluffs. They know how important position is to their action. They know the value of their starting hand. They know show-down value, fold equity, etc. If you think studying is not important, your game will probably not go very far. And those that do study want to play against you.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Public freerolls are hard...Lots of donkplays and pre-flop bingo...
You simply have to be lucky enough
to not get donked out...

The best strategy is to play really tight I think and to avoid multiplayer all-ins except with monsters like AA or KK

It is also good to fold more at the beginning I think, so You can watch some hands and get an idea of what kind of players are on your table. Once you have identified a pattern in your opponents plays you can exploit those.

Stay calm... You don’t win a freeroll in the first hour but You can very well bust in it.
If you have a starting stack of 1500 then don’t panic when You are down to 1000 and do not try to double up on purpose with weak hands... you can still build a large stack if you wait and get some strong hand later on...

Learn about how to play suited connectors. Many beginners underestimate them and miss great chances to win nice pots by not daring to play these hands against a raise. But also learn about their daNgers. Wise use of low suited connectors can help you big time in tournaments!

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait until u get AA KK QQ then all in.

C

CCAMPELLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
main is to analyze the table, dps if you play with pair ajs + sc this paying down p see flop and if you flop you will be nuts ..

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight -VALUE HANDS - WHEN TO REGISTER

Play tight and bet value hands. not junk. Be aware of position, mostly valued hands late. Observe table players habits, bets aces only, bets junk, bets suited connectors, folds easy under pressure. Watch out for blind players that have bet when junk cards hit the board. Lots of folding and patience for the right cards, right position, knowledge of other betters' habits, and don't forget bank roll management. Hope this helps.

S

seif azouz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm only playing freerolls in poker online because they are all rigged and I lost a lot of money playing with real money it's a waste of time and money
so I started playing freerolls few months ago just for fun and believe me I won some tournaments and I reached the final table many times, I won about $230 just playing for free I know it's not a lot of money but it's free and you risk nothing
if you want to win a lot of money play in real not online and if you want to play for fun play just freerolls tournaments

Last edited:
R

Ruppadup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea but mostly go all in at start with a low flushdraw and then hit the flush... the start of freerolls are just ridiculous. but hey thats the way it is ;D how many freerolls do you play a day?

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay tight, especially early. Avoid all in's unless you have a premium pocket pair... even then you might be beat. Patience is key...

S

seif azouz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea but mostly go all in at start with a low flushdraw and then hit the flush... the start of freerolls are just ridiculous. but hey thats the way it is ;D how many freerolls do you play a day?

I play about 2 or 3 freerolls every day (william hill,888poker,pokerstars)
but the tournament can take up to 6 hours or more if you go far in the tournament

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, but i notice its harder to win those, then when i play for real money. How do i beat the people that go all in with every hand?

Play with stronger hands in position. Be tight agressive.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question! Freerolls are tricky to play since you have many players who don't care about anything & will push with anything at any time, so I suggest playing moderately tight & playing a bit loose once you're a least double the average stack! Even with that said though, it's still a challenge!

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play really tight :) just wait for a hand and show preflop

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freerolls tournaments there are many players pulling all in at the beginning, you can have many badbeats.
In free tournaments you can not make bluffs, you have to have a good hand to double your stack, as the tournament goes on the level will increase, and you can play better poker, you will always have to be aggressive, if you want to go far in the tournament.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well timed aggression. I guess. The best I've ever done was 2nd place but I get really bored with heads-up poker. Probably going to be my downfall

D

Drefps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya a lot of people in free rolls will go all in with very bad hands. Best thing to do is to be patient and wait for pocket 10s or better. But in the end it all relies on luck. I would fold high low cards and jus wait for pockets or face cards.

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. When you get a great hand, like QQ+ or AQ +, then just go an all-in. If you have AA in late position and everyone folded, then you can make a 2.5bb raise and make a bets on a post flop. This all applies to the first 20 minutes of the game. Also, if there is a dangerous flop, then you can bet over bet (1.5PSB) on the turn, because it will be very profitable and they can be awarded with any draw. In the later stages, I can not say anything, you just have to be able to play above the average.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all of the above and:
unless you have a monster hand, keep your chips safe....:
stay out of trouble (don't call into a 4 way pot)
think twice before attacking an agressive big stack

Poker Tips