Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hasn't really affected stars yet as far as i can tell. Still around 100k people in the client.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lobby says there's about 37,000 signed into Full Tilt. TBH I can't remember how that compares to a normal night about this time...

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HH´s probably need it to a more acurate comment (always confuse to read merge hands in this pict), but for what i can see you are getting in trouble really early with out the need.

First pict you are in sb with blinds in 30/15, if you fold will lose 15 chips (and you have 1785), but instead decide to push A4o to a shorstack (with 323 chips), not sure why?, if he fold you win what? 45 chips?, if he call 323 is like 20% of your stack that you risk to gain like 3% of your stack if fold, i don´t see the point to risk this early for that little reward with A4o.

Pict 2, blinds are 50/25, player raise 3bbs from EP to 150, you have 1295 (25bbs) with AQo, 3bet to 400 (8bbs) wich leaves you with 895 left, then player shove so you end allin (with 25bbs) (lower 3bet amount should be better if decide to do it).

Last hand you have 35bbs, blinds again in 50, player with same stack than you raised 2bbs to you (to 100) and now that have more room to 3bet decide to shove 35bbs with a pot less than 7% of your stack in value and risk 100% of your stack. (usually pot should be at least 20% of your stack to be wort the risk.)

So end allin with 50+ bbs/ 25bbs / 35bbs. with blinds still in 30 and 50. and risk large amount of your stack to gain very little.

Probably someone can help more, but that´s what can see at first look.

Thanks for the feedback.

On that first hand you can see were down to the last 5. I was in the SB and everybody folded to me and the small stack was the BB. So im thinking there's a small chance he has a Ace since I do (I know its possible but when only 5 people is playing I know there is small chances two different people has a Ace.) He could have King something or Queen something and want to call so he can double or get out. I was right, I had the better hand pre-flop but he caught the Q on the river.

I think your right on the A Q hand, that was just tough to lay down pre-flop though. I think I might should have just called the original raise and saw what happen.

When I had A 10 I was in the BB and everybody folded to the SB who had been playing very loose. He shoves me all in...I needed to double up and I had a Ace with a alright kicker plus this guy had been raiseing every hand almost. I had the better hand pre-flop but he hits runner runner diamonds on me.

On the last hand I thought about re-raising this guy but if he just calls and Q or K or A shows up on the flop then I will be afraid my hand is no good any more. So I decide to
push. Couldn't believe called K 10 off but he hit straight on the river.

Beside the A Q hand I had the better hand preflop in all of them. Just drawn out on me on the river in all of them. Maybe I was in too many risking situations. I'll be aware that next time.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So obviously my plan to seriously build on Stars through sngs is over.
I am going to go for bodog now. I started Saturday with 34 bucks and ended with 65. I only played one last night and bubbled it, figures.
Then for some really stupid reason, I didn't go for another but registered for an MTT. So I am now down to 57 and plan to take this back up seriously tonoght.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beside the A Q hand I had the better hand preflop in all of them. Just drawn out on me on the river in all of them.

It looks to me that you think was way ahead in hands, make a right move (considering risk versus reward) and just get unlucky.

But...

46.134% { QdJd }
53.866% { Ad4h }

43.474% { KdQd }
56.526% { AhTd }

to me looks more like coinflips, wich mean you don´t get unlucky, this is the way is going to be every time you do same plays, (win only half of times).
And more important considering risk versus reward you shove 35/50 bbs and if players fold you get 45 chips of reward but risk 20% of your stack if get call and lose the flips.

So in the player that was short with 300, just because not want to fold (and lose 15 chips), give the chance to that player 2ble up to 700 and that is going to happen 46% of the time with blinds in 30 (so he could come back), when if you fold he only win 15 chips from you 100% of the time.

So is not about been ahead, always consider risk versus reward for long term.

Also remember this early in the game chips that you win not have the same value versus the chips you lose, the 300 chips you could win means nothing with blinds in 30 if consider the 20% of stack you going to lose 46% of the time in this particular hand.

Hope is more clear what im saying.

Ps: the AT hand post the % to let you see you are not that ahead even if you think so, however, in that particular hand i don´t see it wrong push because you are short (reason why not comment about the hand in my first post).

Last edited:
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lobby says there's about 37,000 signed into Full Tilt. TBH I can't remember how that compares to a normal night about this time...
I think yesterday see about 46,000 in my time session, when before was around 58000-62000

Also start to find more 15/10 or lower players than the 30/20 or above in range like 6-3 / 7-2, when before was around 4-5 /3-6

Last edited:
thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks to me that you think was way ahead in hands, make a right move (considering risk versus reward) and just get unlucky.

But...

46.134% { QdJd }
53.866% { Ad4h }

43.474% { KdQd }
56.526% { AhTd }

to me looks more like coinflips, wich mean you don´t get unlucky, this is the way is going to be every time you do same plays, (win only half of times).
And more important considering risk versus reward you shove 35/50 bbs and if players fold you get 45 chips of reward but risk 20% of your stack if get call and lose the flips.

So in the player that was short with 300, just because not want to fold (and lose 15 chips), give the chance to that player 2ble up to 700 and that is going to happen 46% of the time with blinds in 30 (so he could come back), when if you fold he only win 15 chips from you 100% of the time.

So is not about been ahead, always consider risk versus reward for long term.

Also remember this early in the game chips that you win not have the same value versus the chips you lose, the 300 chips you could win means nothing with blinds in 30 if consider the 20% of stack you going to lose 46% of the time in this particular hand.

Hope is more clear what im saying.

Ps: the AT hand post the % to let you see you are not that ahead even if you think so, however, in that particular hand i don´t see it wrong push because you are short (reason why not comment about the hand in my first post).

Yeah I see what your saying on Risk versus Reward, I never really thought much about it (still very much a learning player.)

I guess the A 4 hand I played was a bad play now that I looked more into it. The A 10 hand I had a small stack and I thought it was time to make a move. The pocket Jacks hand I didn't want to re-raise and then him flat call and a Q K or A pop up on the flop and I wouldn't really like my hand then so I thought I could shove there since the pot had already been raised. Pocket Jacks I think is just a tough hand to play in general.

Thanks for the feedback.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I had a worst session tonight than I did last night. I've been trying to play sng's because I can pick when I play it and I did build up like 10 bucks to 70 or 80 and short matter of a time playing them a few months back.

I played in three $5 ten ppl sng, didn't finish itm in any. I played in a $2 satellite 6 ppl and finished 3rd (1st wins a 11 dollar coupon and 2nd wins a dollar.)

I really am thinking about just going back to playing MTT's only (no more than 200 players.) Just like I was. But all the ones that fit my buy in and my game are hardly not at a time than I can play as of now. Theres one that I like playing in at 11 50pm est but thats a little late for me, because if you make the final table your looking at around 1 or 2 am est, I got get up the next day. I play in 3 or 4 times a week but I can't make it a every night thing. In a few months I should be available to play more so that should help.

Carbon just added 45 ppl SNG which I think I would like to play in but there getting no traffic. The 10 ppl SNG takes awhile to fill up so your look at a long time for a 45 ppl one too fill up. But here are two of the hands from tonight session. First hand I am a 65% Win, 8% Tie, 28% Lose. Second hand I am a 69% Win, 4% Tie, 27% Lose.

Attachments

• A J A J.jpg
    A J A J.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 39
  • K A.jpg
    K A.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 39
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yesterday see about 46,000 in my time session, when before was around 58000-62000

Also start to find more 15/10 or lower players than the 30/20 or above in range like 6-3 / 7-2, when before was around 4-5 /3-6

Registered for my standard six tables this afternoon, there was about 13 minutes between when the first table started and the sixth table finally got filled. That never used to take more than five minutes even in slow periods.

At least the games don't seem to be any harder to beat once they finally load.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Registered for my standard six tables this afternoon, there was about 13 minutes between when the first table started and the sixth table finally got filled. That never used to take more than five minutes even in slow periods.

At least the games don't seem to be any harder to beat once they finally load.
Today was 41,000 from 46,000 last time.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker is boring. Now all I have is work.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker is boring. Now all I have is work.

Sweat people for $$$ (basically coach). When Wiz couldn't play poker he offered free coaching... just an idea ;)

Also, you reckon cost of coaches will decrease due to the amount of US players who can't get on FTP or PS atm?
Increased supply = lower price. Could be worth an investment.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweat people for $$$ (basically coach). When Wiz couldn't play poker he offered free coaching... just an idea ;)

Also, you reckon cost of coaches will decrease due to the amount of US players who can't get on FTP or PS atm?
Increased supply = lower price. Could be worth an investment.

I can't imagine that anyone would actually want me to coach them :p I would be happy to do sweats but not for $$$.

I guess there's always Facebook Poker.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I suppose I technically can, but it's not like that's any better :confused:

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^
Dude, just play at Carbon or Bodog. Carbon has a shit ton of ways to free roll into cash. No deposit necessary to withdraw. Better than not playing at all! Or playing on facebook LMAO.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going to sign up at Carbon. Probably not worth the risk of depositing, so hopefully can win a CC freeroll or cash in a few. Probably will never get the volume I was doing, just because I'll be starting off with such a small roll.

^^^
Dude, just play at Carbon or Bodog. Carbon has a shit ton of ways to free roll into cash. No deposit necessary to withdraw. Better than not playing at all! Or playing on facebook LMAO.

Do they host a lot of freerolls or something? That would be pretty awesome.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ They have 5 freerolls daily with $200 added(5K max players). 2 of them are NL holdem. On top of that you can use play money to purchase up to 10 step 1 coupons(tickets). All these play money steps are 10 player STT.

Finish in top 3 and get step 2 ticket. Finish 3rd in step to and get another step 2 ticket. Finish 1srt or 2nd to get set 3 ticket. Finally win step 3 and get $1 :). Also if you finish 2nd or 3rd you get step2 or step 3 ticket(forgot:)).

I just messed around with it years ago and managed to make a few bucks before finally depositing.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, sounds pretty cool. Definitely gonna have to check it out.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I played in one of the new 45 ppl sng's on Carbon and I barley bubble in, top 5 makes the money and I finished 5th. A lot of stress at the final table, won 3 coin-flips. My pocket Jacks beat A Q on the river (a Ace on the turn but river a Jack for trips.) My A 3 beat pocket 2's by rivering a Ace. My A 4 beat pocket 2's, hit a Ace on the flop.

I went out a sour way (as you see in the picture below) but I was happy just to make the money because I was either last or second to last the whole time at the final table in chips.

Attachments

• K 7.jpg
    K 7.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 45 ppl sng.jpg
    45 ppl sng.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 54
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
↑↑↑↑Grats on the cash.

How long it take to get filled?.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
↑↑↑↑Grats on the cash.

How long it take to get filled?.

When I logged in there was about 27 already register and after I got in it probably took around 7 mins best I can remember. Once you get a few people register for them they don't take too long...it just getting the first few people in.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks.

I guess will take long time to load 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.