OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fact 1: MTTs bore me to death.

Fact 2: There's likely to be a bunch of very tasty MTT overlays tonight and in the days to come.

Thinking I might just try to reconcile these two things tonight...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On second thoughts maybe I should figure the rakeback hit in before I go too wild... plus with late registration some of the overlays aren't looking that big anyway. The $6K guaranteed needed 545 runners to make its guarantee, it started with well under 100 but by the end of late registration it was pretty much up to guarantee numbers.

Meh, should probably just stick to what I'm (allegedly) good at.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On second thoughts maybe I should figure the rakeback hit in before I go too wild... plus with late registration some of the overlays aren't looking that big anyway. The $6K guaranteed needed 545 runners to make its guarantee, it started with well under 100 but by the end of late registration it was pretty much up to guarantee numbers.

Meh, should probably just stick to what I'm (allegedly) good at.

Just hope you're still good after half the fish leave the pond:). Honestly though prolly won't mean more than a 1% drop in ROI. Just wish I could play.

Gonna deposit at bodog tonight. They won't take debit card for obvious reasons. They do have ways to deposit. Need at least $55 or so to get going then it's of to the grind again. Only thing that really sucks about this is I signed up without RB.

I may be not posting as much here and working on my ring game if STT's take too long to fill. Don't think they will after many US players flood in.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's true - though another way to look at it is a big chunk of the regs just got pulled as well. Plus with timezones being what they are I'm used to playing against a fairly Euro-centric field. We'll see what happens.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Also are we twins, I've missed any discussion on here about worry over their rolls disappearing in the us if something else happens with legislation. I want no more then 200 on any site just cause I'm a nit that way.:p
]
Just call me nostradamous:rolleyes:

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Oz.

Same like a lot of bad players are gone also regulars, but if take in consideration what happen with party poker after shut down to USA could be not that bad, site not become harder but at the other way, people always say is a big fish pond.

However, i don´t like the rakes or games there (PP), i remember any game down $5 cost $1 of rake, $3+$1 or something like that, really hope Fulltilt will not become the same, in the way that because cut a massive number of players now they want to increase rakes to the rest.

*Nice to see one fellow regular not lock it, Oz.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im glad my little roll is on Carbon instead of FT. I won a little bit off a CC freeroll awhile back and went from there.

If I would have won some off FT I would be pretty upset lol.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good day. Some bad plays and suckouts. Two hands stick out, I went all in pre-flop with pocket 10's and was called by K 6 and lost. I went all with A Q and was called by A 2 and lost, but I had some bad play as well.

I might play some tonight late. If so I am going to try to make a video so I can get some feedback.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is every1 today?.

Very good question. I'm from the UK but I feel a real sense of loss about all this - the fact that so many contributors to this forum can no longer play I find very saddening tbh.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going through major withdraw already. I may need to seek professional therapy, sigh.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be better once my Heat and Mass Transfer problem set is finished, thanks for asking though :)

How are you?

Session was not that funny today, but at least i can play, right?, so no complaints.

Heat is 98 today in here, so time to get the shades and sun blocker

Very good question. I'm from the UK but I feel a real sense of loss about all this - the fact that so many contributors to this forum can no longer play I find very saddening tbh.
+1

When finally we get some more "S&G ish" members the shi$ss happen. Hopely things get better soon for all.

Going through major withdraw already. I may need to seek professional therapy, sigh.
I think Debi is setting some homegames in Stars with playchips that could have a real price. Not same but better than nothing for poker addicts.

In the withdraw department, i try to make a cashout yesterday from Fulltilt and still processing (before take 5 minutes). Any NO US players already cashout?.

Last edited:
DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm at Carbon now. Playing play money steps to earn a buck. Did it a few times at site from same network when I still was not so good at poker. Still gonna deposit minimum I can tomorrow morning. My player ID was taken(I think because I had played at pokerdotcom back in 2006-07) so changed it. I'm now "JonnySuckout", lol.

First 4 step ones were a joke. Top 3 get step 2 coupon. Then they let play resume for some reason. So basically if you make it to top 3 just sit out or leave(not sure if you can leave and still get credit, but see no reason not to). You are allowed to purchase 10 step 1 tickets per day. That is half of your daily top of of 5000 play money chips.

They also have freeroll tourneys 5 times per day I think $100 added. Larger ones for first time depositors.

The software kinda different, but after I tweak it a little should be goot. Also getting 35% RB when I decide to deposit. Had to put that in there so you guys won't think I work for Carbon :).

I'm not gonna quit playing until it is against the law for me to do so. Then I will play live and/or move elsewhere. Poker is a big part of my life! Prolly won't really pick up and move until my children have grown up and moved out. Then nothing will stop me(Unless I get no better at poker).

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Play at Carbon or Bodog. They don't have the vairety or traffic like pokerstars or fulltilt but still good sites to play on imo.

I got lucky that I won money off a CC freeroll on Carbon and been building it up instead of winning it on fulltilt.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at Carbon or Bodog. They don't have the vairety or traffic like pokerstars or fulltilt but still good sites to play on imo.

They will soon get more, though unlikely to get traffic of the big 3 anytime soon. Hopefully awareness that it IS NOT illegal unless prohibited by your local government will help. Just make sure to do everything right, pay your taxes, and hopefully the government don't take it over! The it will be little difference than a lottery. I swear they could f&%$ up a wet dream.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm at Carbon now. Playing play money steps to earn a buck. Did it a few times at site from same network when I still was not so good at poker. Still gonna deposit minimum I can tomorrow morning. My player ID was taken(I think because I had played at pokerdotcom back in 2006-07) so changed it. I'm now "JonnySuckout", lol.

First 4 step ones were a joke. Top 3 get step 2 coupon. Then they let play resume for some reason. So basically if you make it to top 3 just sit out or leave(not sure if you can leave and still get credit, but see no reason not to). You are allowed to purchase 10 step 1 tickets per day. That is half of your daily top of of 5000 play money chips.

They also have freeroll tourneys 5 times per day I think $100 added. Larger ones for first time depositors.

The software kinda different, but after I tweak it a little should be goot. Also getting 35% RB when I decide to deposit. Had to put that in there so you guys won't think I work for Carbon :).

I'm not gonna quit playing until it is against the law for me to do so. Then I will play live and/or move elsewhere. Poker is a big part of my life! Prolly won't really pick up and move until my children have grown up and moved out. Then nothing will stop me(Unless I get no better at poker).
I have played in a few funsteps, I won a dollar off of it one time. If you do I would suggest play in the fast fifty tourney. Cost 30 cents and there no buy back in it. Or play in the 60 cent SNG. They have the daily dime tourneys or something like that. It only cost 10 cents but its not much better than a freeroll where so many get in and its a buy-back tourney.

Overall I like carbon. The MTT's are rather soft. The sng's take awhile to fill up, if your use to pokerstarts or fulltilt then it will seem like forever.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Be careful today, make sure you don't get...
punkd_281x211.jpg

Goals:

1) 200 STT's
2) 5000 hands of PLO
3) don't get punk'd

Good luck everybody :)
Boy did we ever get punk'd:D

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

First 4 step ones were a joke.
LOL LOL

They do are a joke, but in the good way.

Trying for first time this steps, 4tabling, already get 1, get to final 4 without play any hand, then kings do the job.

Steps

Still running the other 3

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ended 3/4

Steps1

Will try 4 more tomorrow before enter to step 2.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh taking forever to get 16 tables going, fu america

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well tonight session started out good for me, I won a 10 man STT $5 buy in...but after that it went downhill fast. In the first picture is a $2 satellite 6 people playing.

In the 2nd picture is a $5 STT 10 people playing. Seems like I ran into this everytime I get AQ. In this 3rd picture was from the same tournament, and how I got put out.

In this last picture is a $5 STT 10 people playing.

Just some rough beats as you can. I'm getting ready to upload some hand history review, the tourney I won in and the other one that had the most hands in it. Hoping for some good feedback.

Attachments

• A 4 q j.jpg
    A 4 q j.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 48
  • a q.jpg
    a q.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
  • A 10.jpg
    A 10.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 48
  • j j.jpg
    j j.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 49
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HH´s probably need it to a more acurate comment (always confuse to read merge hands in this pict), but for what i can see you are getting in trouble really early with out the need.

First pict you are in sb with blinds in 30/15, if you fold will lose 15 chips (and you have 1785), but instead decide to push A4o to a shorstack (with 323 chips), not sure why?, if he fold you win what? 45 chips?, if he call 323 is like 20% of your stack that you risk to gain like 3% of your stack if fold, i don´t see the point to risk this early for that little reward with A4o.

Pict 2, blinds are 50/25, player raise 3bbs from EP to 150, you have 1295 (25bbs) with AQo, 3bet to 400 (8bbs) wich leaves you with 895 left, then player shove so you end allin (with 25bbs) (lower 3bet amount should be better if decide to do it).

Last hand you have 35bbs, blinds again in 50, player with same stack than you raised 2bbs to you (to 100) and now that have more room to 3bet decide to shove 35bbs with a pot less than 7% of your stack in value and risk 100% of your stack. (usually pot should be at least 20% of your stack to be wort the risk.)

So end allin with 50+ bbs/ 25bbs / 35bbs. with blinds still in 30 and 50. and risk large amount of your stack to gain very little.

Probably someone can help more, but that´s what can see at first look.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's official, games are definitely filling slower on Full Tilt tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.