Always busting out on CC freeroll with AA

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have got to get the hang of the CC daily freerolls, i have busted several times now with AA, not because i shoved into trips or something, i would expect them to be cracked that way, but with odd ball one outers on the river. this tournament is a different beast, i need help! :eek:
:icon_cat:
:stoned:
:lollypop:

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get AA go all-in pre flop don't slow play them. If you let players see the flop for cheap they could get lucky.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise a good amount with a big pair - to isolate.

Then bet, bet, shove.

The community really can't give you any more feedback without particular details about the hands in question.

Good luck !

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely want to shove AA in big field freerolls, sometimes they get cracked....

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL.

Poker is a game (based on probability and skill) where the best five cards at the end of the river wins the hand. The best hand pre flop does not automatically qualify for anything on the river. There is a lot to be considered between being dealt two cards and seeing the five community cards (or even less).

Take a look at how you play each of the hands where your AA has lost and consider what you can do to change this. Are you playing AA wrong? Is the other player just getting lucky? All of this will help you to understand how to adjust how you play and be more successful.

BB

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Then bet, bet, shove.

The community really can't give you any more feedback without particular details about the hands in question.

Good luck !

raising with AA is certainly a more correct decision at the beginning of the tournament, but the problem is that many inexperienced players continue to bet with AA even if they see that the flop does not suit them, for example, on the QQ or JJ flop !!! This is a sad situation when the player realizes that he lost but continues to increase the bet hoping for a miracle)))

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I had a little more info, but I am sorry to hear, djasset, that you are having such a rough time busting with AA. I have to admit that I have yet to play in a CC daily free roll, but I have gone through the same experience both in online and live play. And, as you can imagine, it does not feel good when that happens with "odd ball one outers" on the river.

In an honest game, online or live, I don't think that there is any real way around that circumstance, short of not shoving all-in where possible (!?). Sometimes busting with AA is just the way it goes. But, it does concern me that this happens so often to you with "odd ball one outers" on the river.

From my experience, and probably from your own, I find that AA is often busted where there are many players going to the river, and less so when there are only one or two. But, so many times with one outers? That is a bit strange. In your position, if possible, I might take note of the names of the busters and the countries from which they come. It would be interesting if the same names show up in different games in similar circumstances.

Best wishes, and better luck.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just keep playing your A game. Playing solid TAG poker in the early game and LAGing it up when there are plenty of antes and blinds to steal in the late game. Eventually you will get a CC Freeroll win! :D

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing with aces is disturbing, unexpected. When I win with a one outer, I got lucky- lose with aces, I got robbed.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips

Then bet, bet, shove.

Good luck !

Hope that you don't always follow this exact line in any board texture otherwise you must be exploited. Every decision is always based in many factors and not only on our starting hand!

Good luck to you too! :)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just running into bad luck at some point it will turn around.

M

MASURON2KE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest hand that can you get in your hands but when the flop came out they are just pair of ace :) (vice guy say that )
What to say luck will be change some day and in crucial time you will win with AA.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just got unlucky. Sounds like some donk called with garbage and sucked out, it happens constantly in online poker.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the best hand preflop, but postflop is a different matter. Playing AA properly postflop is very dependent on stack sizes and your opponent's tendencies in conjunction with their likely holdings. However if your hand does not improve when the flop hits then you might want to consider folding or playing cautiously.

I will say you should ignore the advice some people on this post are giving about going all-in preflop with AA. A play like that is more than likely going to push players away from the pot and thus you lose out on gaining value postflop with a good hand. One exception is if your stack size is small enough in comparison to the blinds and antes that moving all-in is really the best play you can do.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces are not easy to fold, and most of the time you are playing for stacks. They are not unbeatable, matter of fact, you lose to any two pairs, trips, straights, flushes, full houses, quads etc. Many hands beats you, and someone calling a shove most of the time he do it with better than just tptk.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have got to get the hang of the CC daily freerolls, i have busted several times now with AA, not because i shoved into trips or something, i would expect them to be cracked that way, but with odd ball one outers on the river. this tournament is a different beast, i need help! :eek:
:icon_cat:
:stoned:
[emoji38]lypop:
Ehh just fold them preflop. Treat them like 7/2 you won't lose with them that way

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raising with AA is certainly a more correct decision at the beginning of the tournament, but the problem is that many inexperienced players continue to bet with AA even if they see that the flop does not suit them, for example, on the QQ or JJ flop !!! This is a sad situation when the player realizes that he lost but continues to increase the bet hoping for a miracle)))

If you successfully isolate your player then you are likely good with AA - even with a QQ or JJ flop.

The only reason I don't shove preflop with AA is because I want callers.

If I thought I would get called then I would shove w AA preflop.

Maximum value!

Good luck !

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope that you don't always follow this exact line in any board texture otherwise you must be exploited. Every decision is always based in many factors and not only on our starting hand!

Good luck to you too! :)

NO...actually it is NON-exploitable.

Isolate player preflop and bet bet shove regardless of board texture.

This should work approximately 80% of the time.

Good luck again !

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You just got unlucky. Sounds like some donk called with garbage and sucked out, it happens constantly in online poker.

I hear ya!

Attachments

• wp1.jpg
    wp1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 43
  • wp2.jpg
    wp2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 58
P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Problem is when lots of players see AA in their hands they think that hand is already there’s.Yes, you have best equity, but flop can be disastrous, and it’s really hard to lay down that kind of hand. Myself sometimes do same, but I try to be better. So push hard, but if you have some info about opponent can be really useful in making decisions, like fold AA after the flop,or after turn.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others have said, we need some more details on the hands. You have to remember that low stakes / freerolls play differently than games with higher buy-ins. You have a lot of players making loose calls and staying in the hands hoping to hit their miracle cards. They don't care if they bust because they invested little (or nothing for freerolls). So, the optimal way to play changes drastically.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting aces really tricker a feeling of "now im gonna double up my stack" :)

Thats why we remember how often they dont take us to the promised land
but instead are a huge disappointment.
I bet you dont remember how many times you cracked aces with some
random hand, but you do remember a ton of times your own aces got cracked.
Its all a mental process, we are wired to remember bad stuff :D

Deep down poker is all math, all odds, so its more important that you get
a solid gameplan for how your gonna play your hands when your bigstack,
medium stack or smallstacked, playing early, mid or lategame poker, and then
stick to your plan no matter what and be happy you played your A game all the way.

If you dont have a gameplan, you better get one, educate yourself :)

K

konemota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost 3 of 5 last hands with aces and all of them were terrible, and all of them were all in pre flop. First time i open 2.2 BB, with a double average stack, and some Brazilian donk showed with 47 off, and he get me covered, flop J35, turn 6, river Q, then i call all in against another Brazilian who have A8 of spades, two spades on the flop, turn blank, river spade and finally 3rd one we have Russian all in with a KQ, flop AJ2 turn T, river 7. The other two I won some small pots, and that is what made me really mad, but that is just part of the game. Hope that i will soon be in other part, of the big line of chances, when this will be compensate :)

First one was on a free roll and the other two on 0.10 tournament and my opinion is if there is a bad luck you will lose no meter how you play your aces. Also, IMO, aces will be more often cracked in free rolls and micro stakes, especially turbo structure, where is more lose players and where luck have more influence in the game.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a look at all the winning hands in the hand. I notice so much stuff that I never recall in live poker like, in the same mw hand it will go 2 pair loses to set loses to flush and all 3 people are in hand. So next time youre playing live, check out how many times it goes down like this. Ya knwo everyone catches a piece of the flop and hits their piece and get set up. You wont see it very much live but yet if you look at your database, youll see it over and over online, **** all that so many tables online running. one online table should pretty match a one live table unless the rng is setting up hands over and over. But look at the data you have yourself, everyones database will reveal this over and over