Always busting out on CC freeroll with AA

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens, slumps, is for all players, I have also lost several times with AA.
Although freerolls Cardschat there are very good players, you must not forget that it is a freeroll, and you should always protect your hand and be a little more aggressive than serious in a tournament of $ 5 or more, for example.
Despite the slump, you should always play the same way , some players when they are going through a rough patch, start playing all in, hands like AA, KK and QQ, for fear that they have to lose.
gl:D

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like alot of the others have mentioned, if you get AA you should raise 3-4x the BB to isolate and then play the hand accordingly. I've lost AA to Q7, and 10 6 recently and it hurts.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel you, sometimes they get cracked. Still the best starting hand, I used to have a love/hate relationship with them. Now I love to get them, sometimes I will fold them, usually not though.
I ran into AA tonight, I had KK in the SB. He went all in, and I called, flopped a K, then got a K on the river also. No matter how he played that hand, he was in trouble.
So just don't let it get you down, you are not alone for them being cracked. Try to move on, the next time hopefully they will hold.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel your pain about getting beat with AA. How many times have I had the top pair and somebody goes in with a low non pair non suited couple of cards and the hook the other 2 cards to give them 2 pair. Another one bites the dust for me !

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It shows you are getting good at poker when you bust out with the best hand. Good players rarely bust out by getting it all in with the worst hand.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If now you are losing all your pairs of aces, the most probable thing is that ahead you win them all, that is just the right poker (if you played them well, obviously)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it hurts to see AA cracked, but you may think your strategy with them, how to play them, and hope for the best.
If you's slow playing them, you're probably going 2 suffer loss with.
And you have to learn how to toss them, sometime you have to :)

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a generality I like to 3-bet my AA. That being said, if there are a lot of players in front of me than I will 4 or 5 bet it. Not matter what though, I will 3-bet it at the very minimum. In past experiences playing computer poker I have found out that the computer has a tendency to penalize me when I dont at least 3-bet it and at the same time not 4 or 5 bet it when multiple players in front of me have limped in preflop. Everybody has their own theories on how to play AA preflop( some say any you play them will be correct). I disagree. The nature of poker is to get your chips in when you have a premium starting hand. This may sound clicheist but, I dont make the rules up I just live by them.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I bust with AA, but usually bust with worse :)

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , I read some of the replies, essentially AA is only a pair, true story, therefore can be beaten by anything bigger than a pair, mostly it will depend then on your opponents and their range + all the extras, past history etc, image, if facing those loosey-goosey players, well gl.
Preflop battles, some pairs will call no matter what preflop , so any could hit a set, sometimes "if it's your time, it's your time" .... as most of us won't be able to fold a preflop shove vs our AA , especially in a freeroll. ... in a more serious tournament (wsop) maybe folding, since it's only a pair and going home early may not be on the game plan, would take great resolve to do that, maybe play some PLO as training on how to devalue pairs (mental training ) , for sure AA isn't the holy grail

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I reraised the the JJ raise with about half my stack and the 99 shoved over the top pre flop.

It happens.

5cf95c0b48c038328fc8dd90f0d8e982.png

They don't always lose.

febcf68a7a410b95f81f976af64bd6e2.png

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reraised about half my stack the JJ and the 99 shoved over the top pre flop.

It happens.

5cf95c0b48c038328fc8dd90f0d8e982.png
sad in this case. but it unfortunately happens often this situation
I would say the usual thing[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
you have to continue with your normal game, you can not always win with AA, I know you're going to say that you never win with them in the freeroll, but there are cards that always resist, I think we all have a pair with which almost never We win, for example, JJ for me they are terrible, I can seldom win with them, do not give up, try to change the way you play to see if it works

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , I read some of the replies, essentially AA is only a pair, true story, therefore can be beaten by anything bigger than a pair, mostly it will depend then on your opponents and their range + all the extras, past history etc, image, if facing those loosey-goosey players, well gl.
Preflop battles, some pairs will call no matter what preflop , so any could hit a set, sometimes "if it's your time, it's your time" .... as most of us won't be able to fold a preflop shove vs our AA , especially in a freeroll. ... in a more serious tournament (wsop) maybe folding, since it's only a pair and going home early may not be on the game plan, would take great resolve to do that, maybe play some PLO as training on how to devalue pairs (mental training ) , for sure AA isn't the holy grail

Absolutely agree with you, but sometimes is hard to fold them, specially in freerolls

R

rainver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AA or KK in MTT makes you keep many features in mind. It depends on tourney's state (like beginning, middle or buble time), if your opponents playing lose or not, your position at the table for current hand, your and your's oppenents stake size, was there a bet before you and some other. Actually you have decision to raise or go all-in preflop. After all everything is your luck) or unluck))

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll players pays with any2

B

Bobosami

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me too. But I figured I should go all in rather that slow play. Players feel confident after seeing the flop.