tight, a bluff might get you the pot.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a stack size in the middle of the tournament, I usually continue to play as usual. Waiting for a good card. If you use the middle card and call or raise and fail to get a card on the table, then for you it may be a pitiful outcome.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really is a bit complicated but the ideal for me in this situation would be to wait for a strong hand and play it too strong or depending on my rivals try to get as many chips as possible. At this stage the ideal is to try to double that amount of blinds without risking your stack or your stay in the tournament. Good luck at the tables !!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would still wait for a stronger hand to go all-in !!! but if this is a hyper-turbo tournament, then from late position these hands will be fine !!!

F

Fishhuntercn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your position on the table,if you are on sb and all of them passed,you could push any hand.But on distance,and if you reached the bubble,i think any hand with A or K should be pushed

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend for me lets say i have 14BBs and 4 players behind me fold
And i have 89 suited i think i would go all-in unless i'm close to the bubble then i would fold most hands and wait for a bit stronger hand like Ax or K10/K9 etc

It all depends on the positions and how many players are at the table
And maybe notes you have on players that would help in your decisions to either jam or fold, or maybe a get sneaky limp in (Most just jam you anyways 1vs1)

The hands you said i would maybe jam A5 and Q9, Think i would fold the 56S
In most cases.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me with so many chips you can wait for the best card. Or one mistake and nothing will fix.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still wait, I think that with 13 BBs / 15 BBs is time to push/fold but you can do that with best hands, obviously that depend your position, what you know about others players, what they think about you (they thing that you are tight, loose), what happen before you talk (everyone fold).

If you are in button or SB position and nobody call or raise before you, they thing that you are tight (so you just do that with a good hand) maybe is a good time to shove but you dont want that someone calls you because you win but they know that when you have 15 BBs you can shove with a marginal hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
13 to 15 BB deep i would not be so willing to push with those hands. You still have some time to pick up something better. When under 10BB then you should open it up but hands like the ones listed would only be a push in latter position. You do also need to think about the table dynamics before shoving. If you know the likeliness of getting called is a lot 56s and Q9o in early position is an easy fold.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to wait for your hands better when you play at the table. With marginal hands, most middle stage calls dominate you. If the table is playing passively try to use the position playing the marginal cards. aggressively.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait for better hands too, its not you are realy short.
Still time to wait some orbits for way better hands

R

Rystam4uk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes guys thanks, I took Your advice to wait until about 4-6 BB, but I have a new problem and I think. it is associated with the bankroll as it is today $ 30 but I play on it, ie bounty 0.22-0.44 , and I think due to the fact that I want to increase it start a very tight game near the prize zone. Is that wrong? or should we not think about the border of the prize zone and fight on?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?

It very depends on stakes..for example if you play at mid+ stakes those marginal hands fit very well vs opponents call ranges... if you play on micro stakes where fishes call with all kind ranges...i will prefer to wait for stronger hands..This is my opinion about this

R

Rystam4uk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank. every opinion is very important to me. I understand that a regular can get caught everywhere. but for $ 1 buy in a lot or they start from $ 5 and up?

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, or shove when people just limp =)

THEBLUEJAYY

THEBLUEJAYY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never wait too long

Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?
Patience is not my virtue .. I need to be part of the action regularly at the computer.. firing shots at the pot if its not a draw is my practice.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need to wait at least until the prize zone.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
13-15 is still lot of big blinds in my opinion.. especially if the table is 9 handed and the antes aren't that huge.. you can actually wait another orbit or two for a better hand and in two orbits you will still roughly have 10-12 big blinds

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank you all, I will stick to your advice. To wait for the best possible solution, only today I came to think that I might tilt when you lose it seems to be the winning hand, and the time comes now that the blinds will kill you.

You can & will lose some when you wait & get a big hand, so what, making a proper play & getting your money in good is how one profits over time.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not go with those hands they are not strong enough.:):):)

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would wait for a better hand as well. 13-15 bigs isn't so bad, if you get down to 7-8bb I'd consider jamming

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

poker lessons say play agresively but you can't always do this. This all depends on what is happening at your table. I wouldn't be playing with 5,6 anyway. You want to play strong hands mid way through the tournament unless you have a big chip stack and can take a few more chances. If your chip stack is low, you need to play a little tighter.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the format of the tournament , for example if the blinds go up every 10 minutes it is definitely better to wait for the best hand.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There are a lot of factors to take into consideration here. Some of them are:

1) Are you close to the bubble ?
2) What are the stack sizes, especially the ones to your left ?
3) How tight/loose are the players, especially the ones to your left ?

Keep in mind that when you get to around 10BB, your shove has very little fold equity against anybody who opens a standard 3BB raise in front of you. While Q9o is a marginal hand, I would have no problem going all-in with that hand if I'm <10BB and nobody has opened in front of me. At 13BB-15BB, I'd probably wait for something a little stronger, at least an Ax hand.

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I bet these hands with a stack smaller than the average, for some reason I always lose, as soon as the flop comes an ace / king / flush draw. There is no equity to go either. too few chips, everyone calls me. I had been waiting for a strong hand for some time, but I realized that for the most part it’s just a waste of time and a stack, now if I lose my chips too much, I put an all-in with a less profitable hand.