All in or wait???

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position and the fold-equity of the players behind. So if you have Q9 on the button and the small and big have a tendency to fall their holdings; then if you shove might be the best play. But also Q9 in middle or early position then is best to wait for a better hand. It's always best to have suited connectors than of-suite..! So, A5s or 56s are much better hands than the Q9o. So a lot has to do also with your image on the table and the players behind..!
Good Luck in Life and at the tables..!

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think you should wait.

I've reached final table with just 1 big blind before. And not just once. Once I did it with half a blind. Crazy, I know. 3/9748 (0.03%).

M

Mihai Vasi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mid-tourney, you know you have to make your move, all-in, or wait? third choice is a solid semi-bluff; enough to extract, without scaring, or antagonizing your enemies.
Say 810, 97, suited, preferably. You're not risking your tourney, but you are showing some strength. Know your table, if you're with an aggressive table, semi-bluff at your own peril.
Depends how far did y go. If the luck its with y or not. I goo all in ofen amd if y lose i hope next time i will have mlre paicience.:tomato:

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
In your situation (same happens to me a lot)
I push all in on instinct

Waiting is a waste as blinds eat you up.

If your destined to move up you will win surely

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't be playing hands like 65 until you're less then 10bb. A5s can be played nearly any position outside of UTG-UTG+2. You need to download Snapshove it will give you a better understanding of when you should shove. Also remember you should only be shoving when you're the preflop opener

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?

If do not consider positions, your opponent's game styles and other details, it's early to exhibit with a marginal hands, in my opinion. You still have some time with 13-15 bb's. I think , that you can wait for a better hands. ;)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned the short stack strategy. it says that for the situation, push cards A5s, Q3o, and so on are much better than single-suited connectors

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those hands you mentioned i would not play, i would wait.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have several friends and we all agree to disagree. This is a debated subject. I persoanlly start freaking out at 10 BB or Less, often causing me to make a poor decision. Other times, rarely, can I fold til I blind out. Whe you are deep in, the game do you wait for the bumps, I do. I generally wait for a pocket pair, or any ace, or paint, under 5bb. Good question tho. Im studying this, this week.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why you are thinking of going all-in? Do you think others will fold and let you have the pot? On full table it is unlikely that nobody will respond to your bet. bluffing never succeeds with limited chips.
So, what should you do? My answer is, swim with the current. If blinds are eating your chips and you are going down then let it happen when time comes but NOT BEFORE THAT. Wait till end. Who knows in next deal you might get a strong hand.
Don't try to die even when death is visible. Let the death come to you. It is possible that death might be going somewhere else and you are not the target.

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely wait for a good hand. Until the stack becomes critically small at 8bb.
this is the right decision. and here already the big factor for everyone in this situation is the luck factor in my opinion. lucky to double stack or drop out of the game. [emoji3][emoji16]+-

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's always someone at my table that's all in every hand , and even when you get AA or KK it's a crap shoot. i just wait until i got something to call with so at least you made te right decision if you get outdrawn.

THEBLUEJAYY

THEBLUEJAYY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?
if you have that many blinds and you are thinking all in at one point... the answer is wait.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hoped, these hands do not look good to me.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips

If normal or Turbo mtt, I will wait for better hand. If hyper-turbo, I would be in doubt though :)

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me with 13-15 bbs you still have fold equity. Unless you feel like a shove would get through to pick up the blinds, I would wait for a big hand.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll wait for strong hands when there's a possibility we can do it, that is, when we have enough stacks to do it. More when we do not have stacks to wait and the blinds are already high, we should take advantage of the final position, especially when no one enters the pot competition before us, do not forget to take takedown for it.

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mtt's

13-15 BB still gives you a few more blinds to make a better hand. It also depends on your position on the table. If you are small blind and the utg+1 opens with anything other than a limp and all you have is Q9 off suite then run for your dear tournament life.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for a good hand and deliver a crushing blow to the table. good luck loves the brave. may the power of the Jedi be with you[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji409]

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends if the tournament is turbo, hyper turbo, or normal, the turbo if it is profitable to put those hands.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I'd like to see the flop and decide whether to call or fold.

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these hands every so often. Wish I wouldn't :)