All in pocket aces?

T

tikitaka87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pre flop all in Aces, when the good of poker don t want it, doesnt matter your cards, bc you will lose

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its pre flop i guess is okay but post flop i usually think twice before i do any action.

also position at the table i think its overrated, long time i dont really care about this facts

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
riff_raff312 Has told me that I was wrong to get someone to shove against me when I had AA because I was out of position.
I understand if a few called but I cornered one person to call.
What do you all think?
I think I need more information to tell you what I think! :laugh:

• What was your overarching tournament goal? Were you trying to double-up or rebuy? Were you trying to make the money?
  • Were you near the bubble where ICM considerations begin to be important or were you at the early levels?
  • What were the effective stack sizes?
  • Who were you trying to get to shove? What made you think the player would shove?
AA is the best hand pre-flop so we don't mind a big pot, but we need to understand why we are doing these things NOT just trying to get an opponent to shove because we have AA. On a bright note, AA will work out 80% of the time headsup up so you'll win this 4 out of 5 times :star:

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With odds in your favor you have to call w/AA. No Question. Every situation, Every time.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I need more information to tell you what I think! :laugh:
  • What was your overarching tournament goal? Were you trying to double-up or rebuy? Were you trying to make the money?
  • Were you near the bubble where ICM considerations begin to be important or were you at the early levels?
  • What were the effective stack sizes?
  • Who were you trying to get to shove? What made you think the player would shove?
AA is the best hand pre-flop so we don't mind a big pot, but we need to understand why we are doing these things NOT just trying to get an opponent to shove because we have AA. On a bright note, AA will work out 80% of the time headsup up so you'll win this 4 out of 5 times :star:
Very start of mtt. All same chips. My aim was to get one person to re raise me.
I wud have taken the chance with 2 but I know that’s a lot more added risk.
One re raised and I shoved.
My aim was to double up with their chips.
I didn’t know if they would shove.
I would have been happier for them to fold their re raise to eliminate the 4% risk of them hitting trips.
But if I knew someone had 9.9 and I had AA. I would do it all again.
24 out of 25 times I double up.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely preflop but probably not the right play after the flop. Been beat too many times by two pair on the flop.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was the shove that you enticed preflop or postflop?
Were there player to act behind you?

Preflop
I'm not sure how position plays into getting someone to shove preflop if there were no additional players behind you.
It was pre flop and just the two of us

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the week didn't start really well, made a few mistakes but none of them cost me much, but the cards just weren't coming and - when they did - I was beaten by some idiotic paying my pocket Aces with Q2o and hitting a flush or some kind of beat like that...
Context ?
I don’t understand

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not always. depending on the cases. If you lose more than 100 bb. why take the risk. better to get it. then it’s better to fold.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket aces

Hello, I would not be understanding the situation well, whether it was pre flop or on the flop. If it is pre flop we should try to make the pot as big as possible if we have pocket aces, but if it is on the flop we have to be careful with whom we put everything, more if you are out of position. regards

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An over-bet with pocket aces, especially before the flop, can be much more effective and lucrative than a typical raise. It depends on the table. You certainly want to get in a big enough raise so that a marginal hand will be making a bad call, statistically speaking, if they call you.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s very difficult to fold AA, I won’t throw off preflop anyway, postflop is possible if the opponent is very aggressive and my cards are not on the table

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any position and getting shoved against me with pocket aces preflop is a no brainer so I will call it even if I am in the bubble.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel when you have A A and it is folded to you? If you can isolate and get HU, best situation to win.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position doesnt mean anything in this case. Of course if we're talkin pre flop action. If its post flop then its another thing. Then you have to play it accordingly to the development of the hand.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s optional to make all-in with AA to defend the stack & deny to raise many participants.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm sure glade i got you all thinking now if one of you could just tell him how to play his pocket AA's so we can move to the next lesson,I hope the next lesson is on how to corner a player on a round table :y::y: PLEASE!

The Riff_Raff :cool: