All-in on the bubble

T

thefwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on my stack depth (and a lot of other factors)
~10BB, I'm shoving 22+, K2s+ A2o+ any SC's and all broadways on the button, shoving any 2 on the SB. This is because opponents are rarely calling correctly, esp during the bubble. And my range tightens the closer I am to UTG.

~20 BB TT+, AQs+, AKo, no real positional differences, but would probably fold up to TT and JJ if the pot has already been 3 bet.

30 BB+, nothing. I'd rather play my way to more BBs. Shoving AA-KK pre is not my thing. Unless I had been 3-4 bet. I'll shove any 2 LP though if 2 tiny stacks are ahead of me with no action behind or the BB is super short and I am in the SB.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble is never kind to me, I always end up really really card dead during it.

pay special attention to what people are showing up with at showed, stack sizes, etc. try not to get all-in with someone bigger than you unless you have the goods or are shortstacked.

steal in late position, especially against midsized stacks. tiny guys and big guys will call with less. If you are short stacked, look for a spot to shove against someone medium sized who is playing nitty. and look for good hands to flip (weak ace, decent king, pocket pair, suited connector... if you get better go for it). you will bubble a good amount of the time (or a lot if you are like me and try to flip when someone later always has qq or kk), but some of these times you would have still bubbled anyways by blinding out.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With which hands would you go all-in in the bubble? Only high pairs or other wigh cards?

I would not take any chances with what karta.za any big risks fall out of the tournament. I was at the place of paid then I would take any chances allin

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With which hands would you go all-in in the bubble? Only high pairs or other wigh cards?

You cannot really answer this in a vacuum; There are different reqs for short stacks, size of stacks yet to act in the blinds, etc;

For example, if a middle/short stack limped in near the money bubble and the blinds are tight, I might move in with a wide, wide range if in position (button)- A/K-x, small suited connectors, who knows. It really depends on the table dynamics.

Thing is, on the money bubble, it might only take a standard 2-2.5x raise to chase them off if it's a shorter stack. I also might just flat the bet then bluff the flop if the board is such that it's unlikely they connected/they show weakness. People who normally chase ANY draw often will pass if not making it could eliminate them.

You can get away with things you normally would not near the bubble. I noticed in a micro buy in MTT, and near the bubble, the shortest stacks started running down the timer every hand (to what end other than a possible extra nickel, I have no idea) just to stick around as long as they could. I might go all in on them with total garbage, because they have shown they are not playing at all, just trying to go as far as possible.

Also keep in mind that a player with a far larger stack than you might call. Even if you shove 20-25 bigs; if they have 100-150, well, they might call you with far, far weaker hands just trying to knock you out. I have seen people wait until they have few chips, get AA, shove and lose to some garbage a big stack called with just because your stack just is not a threat.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
depends of the stack and money, and about table position
I would play aggressively to steal some blind from the tight guys

P

poblaocity1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I am a nit I am foilding all but ultra premium hands KK AA yes I am folding QQ JJ 10 10 AK AQ IF it is on the money bubble only

nah somtimes your AA or KK weel be crushed with russian factor wit 23 or TJ 79 ........

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely loosen up when a tournament is on the bubble. I think most people tighten up, so I do the opposite. It's a good chance to steal a bunch of blinds when they're worth something. Most tournaments weigh heavily towards the top, so it does a lot more good to try to build a nice stack for the top spots, rather than try to squeak into the money.

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your on bubble and near the button and can make one more round your odds of at least placing go up however I try to look at going higher than 25th place but if im in 26th i play more cautiously depending on my chip stack table conditions etc I hat bubbling because if you have aa what do you do I usually will risk it depending on the amount of the buy in of the tourney. The inly to get a head it to sometimes take a risk I reallt dont hink i could fold aa bubble or not

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bubbling

If your on bubble and near the button and can make one more round your odds of at least placing go up however I try to look at going higher than 25th place but if im in 26th i play more cautiously depending on my chip stack table conditions etc I hat bubbling because if you have aa what do you do I usually will risk it depending on the amount of the buy in of the tourney. The inly to get a head it to sometimes take a risk I reallt dont hink i could fold aa bubble or not

S

satirist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tough one to call... But I'd have to agree with deviating from normal tightness, if for no other reason, it's that, on the bubble, a lot of players will fold TT or 88 or something that would beat 26. I take advantage, personally.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only Strong holdings like mediup pairs, over pairs just to be safe and watch playing against bigger stacks with Ace high top kicker.

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends if its a satellite where you just have to be in the green to get your ticket you can fold almost anything lol but if its a MTT you need to defend your hands and blinds and take advantage of the situation in your favor.

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not go all in on the bubble with any hand, I personally just sit back and wait til someone else goes out. Unless i was low stack and about to be blinded out then i would push all in with QQ KK or AA only. Because even if you got sucked out making the "right play" then it would not matter because then it was all for nothing, unless its for piece of mind. If it would hurt your pride then go for it.

xaxawa

xaxawa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CO BU position - push with AA KK QQ

M

Martinosky11

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There arent specific hands to go allin ITB, just identify who's opening wide and shove him wider like pps, suited connectors and brodways, and whos playing tight to preasure them with any2 . gl