AK all in without position in first stages?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nope!

When we're talking about tournament strategy we're not looking to get it all in preflop in the early stages at all, even with AA. .

Actually you are incorrect here. "IF" we knew villain would call it off while we're holding AA.. ALL decent players would 100% get it in there.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think against your typical unknown freeroll villan you should probably just go allin, but at buyin tourneys or where you have a read on the the villan that he wont stack off with AQ or AJ then you got to play according to the villan.

this ^

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my experience, A and K often come out on a flop when it comes to PS and 888
At Party this is not the case, of course to go out and there, but not every other hand like the PS
But that's just my opinion
Maybe I'm wrong ... or it just happens to me ;)
I agree completely.party poker the best:D

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not 'maybe' you are wrong... 100% you are wrong. Why even bother to write in this rigged b.s. on a thread? Honestly it pisses me off enough to be commenting about it.

If you're angry why you're writing at all
Another thing ... why are you angry?
The third thing, I gave my opinion
This site serves for controversy and exchange of opinions or maybe I'm wrong
This is already the way to attack my comments for no reason
I've been silent twice, but I will not be quiet anymore
Tell me what is your problem??

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think you have edge over the other players, then you shouldn't go all-in so early with AK. Simply, you can make your stack bigger without so much risk.
I would rather fold there..

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Actually you are incorrect here. "IF" we knew villain would call it off while we're holding AA.. ALL decent players would 100% get it in there.

Well, you have clearly misunderstood the intonation of my post (despite the attempt at clear emphasis).

Firstly, your (added) "IF" proviso was not part of my comment. Secondly, at no point did my comment imply that, regardless of circumstances, we're not getting it in pre-flop with AA. Thirdly, you stating that my OPINION* is 'incorrect'- highly amusing.

The point was that in tournament play (IN MY OPINION) we're not LOOKING** to get all our chips in preflop, whatever the starting cards.

You might be the type of player that is happy to put your tournament life on the line pre-flop, based purely on what you've got in the hole (as lots of freeroll tournament players seem to be) but most experienced tournament players playing buy-in tourneys will probably agree that it is far preferable to err on the side of caution, have as much information as possible and ideally have the nuts (or close to it) before putting your entire stack on the line. Of course, as with anything, there are exceptions.

Having studied & played hard; completely focusing on tournament style, with reasonable success thus far, being happy with progress and excited about what lies ahead you find me more than happy to agree to disagree and for you to win your chips your way. [emoji1303]

* You may, or may not, be aware that opinions are like a******s- everyone has one.

** Keyword.

(tl'dr) - You do you I'll do me

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're angry why you're writing at all
Another thing ... why are you angry?
The third thing, I gave my opinion
This site serves for controversy and exchange of opinions or maybe I'm wrong
This is already the way to attack my comments for no reason
I've been silent twice, but I will not be quiet anymore
Tell me what is your problem??

Sometimes people just get out bed on the wrong side, are grumpy or have a chip on their shoulder and will look for ways to transfer or project that onto others.

This gentleman has misinterpreted my post, taken it out of context and put words in my mouth on this thread but as it's the first time and having no idea about his tone or intention, he has the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned.. [emoji846]

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes people just get out bed on the wrong side, are grumpy or have a chip on their shoulder and will look for ways to transfer or project that onto others.

This gentleman has misinterpreted my post, taken it out of context and put words in my mouth on this thread but as it's the first time and having no idea about his tone or intention, he has the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned.. [emoji846]

Perhaps the point is that other members can not have their own opinion
If he does not say it then that's so ... and there's nothing more to talk about that :D

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never play all-in in this situation.It's easy to say it is a flip coin situation lets make run but what if you playing in the tournament which entry fee is 1000$ or more.Did you still go all-in?Probably not.If i am well rested and focused i will fold my hand and try to regain my stack in latter stages of tournament if not i will just follow and see what flop will bring me.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never play all-in in this situation.It's easy to say it is a flip coin situation lets make run but what if you playing in the tournament which entry fee is 1000$ or more.Did you still go all-in?Probably not.If i am well rested and focused i will fold my hand and try to regain my stack in latter stages of tournament if not i will just follow and see what flop will bring me.

I respect the way you think
But on tournaments there are many different players and different characters
That's why poker is such a great and interesting game
If everyone would think the same and make the same moves, I think it would not be an interesting game at all
I respect everyone's opinion here, it's important to hear how other people are thinking

F

FaritGaripov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i play low limit MTT`s i can push in all positions. But if high limit MTT`s i will think about raise or push or fold.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls & Turbos with a lot of weak players I'll shove it. In a decent deep stacked tournament I'm in no rush, I don't need to go broke on a coin flip in the first hand. Some might argue they'd shove if it was a rebuy, but that is a waste of money imo. I sit tight and try to actually play some poker.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if in response to your opponent calls a raise re-raise must either reset, or call if your opponent has a reputation as an aggressive player.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, as you would play with AK in the early stages of a tournament.
For example, you have AK UTG, you raise X3, X4, a villain does 4bet, which is the best option, go all in, or to call? the villain can have AQ AJ, and not whether it be good, play AK, no position, perhaps it would be best to go all in? what do you think.
And if the villain has 99 TT JJ would be a flip.

GThe all. :D

You are correct.

I often overplay AK for the loss. But I had logic!

I will say this....by shoving preflop you eliminate the problem of position and you are guaranteed NOT to fold the best hand.

Good luck !

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends, on small buyins with a lot of people playing i would shove, but in bigger ones not sure