AK, AA, KK from EP at the beginning of a MTT

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the position im in I'll shove any top tier hand at the begining of a tournament. Although in most spots I do prefer to flat call a reasonable bet with a non suited connector instead of shoving.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA you should max push and reraise after raise

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise 5-6 BB normal for A-A and K-K, if you know what you will answer, and for A-K raise, if you're not sure how you play on the flop. It is important not to fall in love with this hand, and in the case of danger to part with it without regret.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So! You are in EP and are raising 4 - 6 x . What is this saying about you, in the first hand of the tourney?

Your opponent who calls you raise, you don't sayin which position he /she is in. This is important as you need to be using available information from the start of he tourney. Depending on which position they are in, may give you a clue as to what their range may be (yes...already.) but also you need to consider what does he think you have? In my opinion, he has missed the flop, but you may still be behind, so If the buy in is a significant about, FOLD your AK. If it is a Freeroll or micro buy in.... CALL..... what have you got to lose? You may not make it, but you will have some free information about this player that you can record against him for future reference.

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls play a lot of people are hoping to get lucky. Depending on the situation, but in general will play aggressively and if you need to go for the whole stack

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always limp with AA or KK in early position. Maybe reis.

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to take a freeroll serious, you should not even play the first 20 minutes. when you do start playing, take note of players stacks. higher stacks means higher probability of a sucker. wait for your hands and chop down those players.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its would go allin everytime with AA KK AK but that's just me.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think AA hand at any stage of the tournament - this is definitely an all-in, with KK in most cases too, with AK 4-bet raise or triple reraise your opponet, depending on the position.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always limp with AA or KK in early position. Maybe reis.
On my opinion limp with AA or KK in anyone position in most cases can stay fatal to you, don't limp such a hand.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

Hello,
If your hand is AK , and you opening with 3BB , and then someone is calling you , and the board is 775 , and you check , and the opponent making raise , then I suggest to you to call to see the turn , and to look what he will do on the turn.
AA or KK on a board 775 , I suggest to play with call , and you can play with check-raise on the flop , but better play call , and check-raise the turn is looks better, and you will get some chips from him.
Thanks.

Hmmm, you're right. But if the opponent has hit the flop and got a monster. It could end very badly.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, you're right. But if the opponent has hit the flop and got a monster. It could end very badly.

so play check > raise > fold after 3bet...

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will call these all day everyday. Matter of fact I played 2.20 CC game Saturday and I got dealt KK first or second hand. I shoved and of course got called by some jack-nut. I was the first one knocked out. I get knocked out a lot on ACR with AA, KK and AK

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On freeroll tourney if I have AK, AA, KK or something like that, on the beginning of the tourney I usually go all in. On freerolls people like to follow all in from first hand if they have something good.

S

Spungey2007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually when I shove with AA, I'll be smiling and then runner runner to lose and I'm yelling at my screen because of the bad beat. Playing online has taught me a viable lesson, its very hard to know what most people are holding int here hand because I've lost to a 6/2 OS with AA. Drives me nutz

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning of tourney I think it's best to play all these hands with a raise of 3-4x BB. With a board like 775 I am check calling within reason with AK and am either leading out or check raising with AA or KK. Early on it is tougher to play these hands as the blinds are low and like you mention you really don't have a gauge on any of the players yet. Good luck on the felts!

L

litaana

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
largely depends if its a rebuy or not

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally you did what I may have done and I think its a good choice. Only thing I may do differently is maybe not bet monster hands as aggressively and like someone else said probably stay with the standard 3 to 4 x raise instead. other than that I would probably play the same

Rawdeal1955

Rawdeal1955

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will post 3bb if re raised if I have AA KK I'll go all in if AK I'll just call and hope flop goes to my good side and crush it good luck.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U dream of those hands okay them anytime u get them, If it's not ur day than its not ur day to win

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much is at stake here?
you have how much invested?
you have an unmade hand and minimal reads right now foldiong and saving chips for later would be best because the unknown. your not gonna win the tourney at that point. fold and get better reads.

good luck in your games

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising 3bb or 4bb will be most advisable. Then, based on flop you can shove it. AK will be tougher to go all in CO.pared to AA or KK. That's why is better to look for flop.

DudePoker

DudePoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a monster in the first hand of a tourney is my favorite scenario, especially in freerolls. If you don't have a history with any of the players, shoving the first hand can be seen as pretty loose, which is exactly what you want your opponents to think when you actually have a nut hand. It's pretty common for people to shove the first hand of freerolls to see if the tourney is worth their time, which is an excellent opportunity for you to quadruple up.